Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 66

Dr. Schaffer

Eric S Schaffer MD

1303 McCullough Ave San Antonio, TX 78212

Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in San Antonio, TX and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from New York University medical school in 1978. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills and Methodist Hospital Stone Oak. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schaffer to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Schaffer accepts

Dr. Schaffer accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Assurant Health
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Preferred PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Schaffer's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Liposuction

Dr. Schaffer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schaffer

Dr. Schaffer?
I love dr Schaffer and staff.. I had a BBL and love my results. Look no further, he’s the best. Great experience.
OG Rhianna – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
I went to a few different consultations for breast reduction surgery before I decided on Dr. Eric Schaffer. I chose Dr. Schaffer because not only was I able to view his previous work (and it was excellent), but also because of his academic credentials. He has been doing this a long time and years of experience allow one to perfect their art. Such was the case with Dr. Schaffer. He did a beautiful job and I could not be happier. I have an autoimmune disorder and have to be very careful about surgical procedures, yet I didn’t experience any ill effects with healing. Not only was Dr. Schaffer an excellent surgeon, but his staff are equally wonderful. I never felt rushed or disregarded. The staff was eager to answer my questions and relieve any anxiety I may have had. I felt very cared for. I highly recommend Dr. Schaffer to anyone considering a procedure. He is the best as far as I am concerned. I could not be happier with my results!
Marina S. – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
I had been to 5 other Drs before coming to Dr. Schaffer. I decided on Dr. Schaffer based on his reviews, before and after photos, and his confidence and explanation in how he performs the procedure itself. I thought i knew exactly what i wanted having met with 3 other Drs prior to my consultation with Dr. Schaffer... Gummie implants (more costly) and by way of inframammary crease incision. Afterall, thats what every other Dr. highly suggested! He completely flipped the script on me. I went with over filled saline (DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT WAS AN OPTION), and through the armpit. I couldnt be happier! Just wish i went a little bigger, but WE ALL DO afterwards lol! My recovery was as expected for the most part. When i had a question or concern he and his staff were right on top of it anytime, day or night! The compassion, professionalism, and sense of humor he and his staff show is truly something special. Thank you, Dr. Scahffer and staff!
  • Appointment was rushed
Oct 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
He was amazing! He explained my procedure to me thoroughly. He was very attentive and committed to helping me. His work is also amazing and speaks for itself!
Judith – Aug 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer performed my breast reduction surgery last month and I could not be happier! The staff is amazing and incredibly helpful. I had so many questions before and after my surgery and they never hesitated to give me an answer and give me help along the way. Dr. Schaffer is an incredible doctor and I am thrilled with my results. I could not have asked for a better experience.
Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
For years I tried to loose weight and get rid of my mommy pooch, but no matter what I did it would never go away. I finally decided after being unhappy and having no self confidence for almost a decade it was time to do something about it. I did tons of research on who to go to for a tummy tuck and looked at tons of before and after photos. Dr. Schaffer's before and after photos were amazing. I set up a consultation with him. His staff is amazing, sweet, and very helpful and Dr. Schaffer's bedside manner and knowledge is second to none. After that consultation I knew I found the doctor to help me feel like my old self again. The day of surgery went amazing. The staff, nurse's, and Dr. Schaffer helped to ease my anxiety. Dr. Schaffer's technique for a tummy tuck is simply the best. He also uses liposuction to conture your sides to give you that desired hourglass figure. The healing process went well with very little pain. My stomach is super tight and flat. I can't thank him enough. He
Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer is amazing! I had a breast augmentation and tummy tuck and both look fantastic. I had no boobs after having three large kids and my stomach was a mess. My intestines stuck out and I looked like I was pregnant. My boobs are symmetrical, proportional, natural, and even! My stomach is flat as a board, my scars are heeling so beautifully and my confidence is back. It's the best decision I ever made! I wish I had done it sooner. I highly recommend Dr. Schaffer and his staff!
Natalie Arrufat – Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
In my early 20’s I decided to have breast augmentation and abdominoplasty after having my one and only child. The results were more than I bargained for. My breasts were larger than I expected. My tummy was flat but I was left with dog ears on both sides. My surgeon was able to fix the left side but after 5 revisions, my right side dog ear was remained. The asymmetry was obvious with anything I wore. Disappointed, Yes! I contemplated going back for over a decade. With my 40th birthday approaching I took a leap. I went to see Dr. Schafer after he had come highly recommended from many. We had a long discussion outlining my “wish list.” Dr. Schafer listened, gave me suggestions, and realistic expectations. We decided on remove, replace of my breast implants, revision of abdominoplasty & liposuction of the back. I’m now 6 weeks post op and will say Dr. Scahffer accomplishes 150% of my goals!
BO – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Schaffer after being involved in an auto accident. The impact ruptured my silicone breast implants which had to be replaced. I was apprehensive about undergoing an 8-hour reconstructive surgery at the age of 70. I voiced my concerns to Dr. Schaffer, but he assured me he had done surgery on individuals older than me. While being prepped for surgery, I engaged my nurse in conversation and mentioned my anxiety. She told me Dr. Schaffer was a great surgeon and that I was in excellent hands. Her words were comforting at such a stressful moment and hearing that I had such a skilled surgeon made all the difference in the world. The surgery was hugely successful and I'm extremely happy with the results. I would recommend Dr. Schaffer to anyone in need of his skills. I have only good things to say about Dr. Schaffer and his staff.
Mary W. – Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Trust in him. This is something I have had trouble with all my life with people and he is what he is perceived but even better. He brought back my confidence I lost from such a young adult to a woman in her early 30's. He really does care. He's not like other surgeons who are just use to seeing patients on a recurring daily basis and it's this and that... He LISTENS and he is PATIENT. Amazing doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Schaffer.
LisaMarie in San Antonio, TX – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer is amazing! I had the Abdominoplasty surgery and could not be happier with my results! Him and his staff are very kind and I would recommend him to anyone ready to make the change of a lifetime!
Kim in Boerne , TX – Jun 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Where do I even begin? Dr. Schaffer was the best choice for my upper and lower blepharoplasty, hands down. There are people out there who say it's best to go to an oculoplastic surgeon for this type of surgery so choosing someone who doesn’t specialize solely in eyes didn't come easily at first. However, seeing all the experience, awards, photos and excellent ratings changed my mind. The final deciding factor was my consultation with Dr. Schaffer. I was afraid the surgery would change the shape of my eyes but the doctor explained why it happens and the reason it wouldn't with him. He is kind and takes time to answer any questions you have. The decision was a no-brainer and I'm so happy with my results. It has only been three months but the difference so far is unbelievable. It can take 6-12 months for the final result but I'm ecstatic so far. The healing period was slower for me due to an unrelated health issue but I would still do it all over again in a heartbeat.
May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer and his staff are wonderful. I would recommend them to anyone.
May 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Schaffer. He is without doubt the best in his field. From my initial consultation to post-op follow up. He is exceptional, my results were beyond all my expectations I had very minimal swelling and bruising! He has an a Amazingly efficient staff who are very accommodating, friendly and patient with any questions presented! I definitely recommend Dr Schaffer and Staff
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Great doctor—long lasting results! I recently consulted with Dr. Schaffer regarding my breast implant surgery that he performed over 23 years ago. My implants still look and feel like new, but I wanted to know if they should be replaced at some point in the future. Dr. Schaffer informed me there was no timeline to replace them unless there was a problem. That was great news to me as I am still completely happy with the results today.
MWD in San Antonio, TX – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
normally I don’t feel the need to rate MDs...they should be good at what they do...Dr Schaffer and his staff are FABULOUS, SPECTACULAR, PERSONABLE and put you at ease. If you are like me you might feel embarrassed about what hides beneath your clothing. I had lived with the shame and embarrassment for yrs but during my consult everyone made me feel SO at ease and reassured me that feeling anxious is normal. Dr. Schaffer has changed my life! He’s an artist (not Picasso but worth so much more)
Valerie H. in San antonio, TX – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer and Staff are very professional, caring and friendly. I had my surgery in January a full tummy tuck, six months later and I am very happy with the procedure and the results are amazing. I have a nice flat and tight abdominal area. I would highly recommend Dr. Schaeffer
Sharon in San ANtonio – Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
At 54 , 34 years of marriage, and seven kids, what little chest I had to start with had dwindled to nothing. I didn't want to look at myself, and was embarrassed if my husband saw me without clothes. Dr Schaffer gave me back my body and my self-esteem ! He and his staff were awesome! I wish I would have done this years ago!
Suzie – Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
My experience and journey with Dr. Schaffer was not one of the ordinary. I was never a patient looking or searching for the perfect surgeon he was one that kind of found me. Don't get me wrong I thought about having an abdominoplasty for years but never move forward with any research. Anyhow, I've worked with Dr. Schaffer for almost a year and every time I witness his transformations I am still amazed. He has surpassed my expectations and my tummy is forever thankful!!! A.S.
A.S. in San antonio, texas – Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer came highly recommended by a very respected general practitioner in San Antonio. Dr. Schaffer did a brow lift, mini-lift, and my lower lids. The results are amazing! Just ask to see my before and after photos and you'll agree he took off at least 10 years! Besides being a gifted surgeon, he is very kind and patient. The office staff is supportive and responsive. I'm so glad I chose him.
Patricia in Texas – Feb 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schaffer?

Cosmetic surgery is a life-changing event that can completely alter a patients view of themselves and elevate their self confidence.

Dr. Schaffer's medical education includes completing prestigious programs at New York University, Yale and Harvard.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery