Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Schaffer

Eric S Schaffer MD

1303 McCullough Ave Ste 363 San Antonio, TX 78212

Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from New York University in 1978 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Schaffer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schaffer

Dr. Schaffer?
Dr. Schaffer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD
In my early 20’s I decided to have breast augmentation and abdominoplasty after having my one and only child. The results were more than I bargained for. My breasts were larger than I expected. My tummy was flat but I was left with dog ears on both sides. My surgeon was able to fix the left side but after 5 revisions, my right side dog ear was remained. The asymmetry was obvious with anything I wore. Disappointed, Yes! I contemplated going back for over a decade. With my 40th birthday approaching I took a leap. I went to see Dr. Schafer after he had come highly recommended from many. We had a long discussion outlining my “wish list.” Dr. Schafer listened, gave me suggestions, and realistic expectations. We decided on remove, replace of my breast implants, revision of abdominoplasty & liposuction of the back. I’m now 6 weeks post op and will say Dr. Scahffer accomplishes 150% of my goals!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Schaffer after being involved in an auto accident. The impact ruptured my silicone breast implants which had to be replaced. I was apprehensive about undergoing an 8-hour reconstructive surgery at the age of 70. I voiced my concerns to Dr. Schaffer, but he assured me he had done surgery on individuals older than me. While being prepped for surgery, I engaged my nurse in conversation and mentioned my anxiety. She told me Dr. Schaffer was a great surgeon and that I was in excellent hands. Her words were comforting at such a stressful moment and hearing that I had such a skilled surgeon made all the difference in the world. The surgery was hugely successful and I'm extremely happy with the results. I would recommend Dr. Schaffer to anyone in need of his skills. I have only good things to say about Dr. Schaffer and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Trust in him. This is something I have had trouble with all my life with people and he is what he is perceived but even better. He brought back my confidence I lost from such a young adult to a woman in her early 30's. He really does care. He's not like other surgeons who are just use to seeing patients on a recurring daily basis and it's this and that... He LISTENS and he is PATIENT. Amazing doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Schaffer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer is amazing! I had the Abdominoplasty surgery and could not be happier with my results! Him and his staff are very kind and I would recommend him to anyone ready to make the change of a lifetime!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Where do I even begin? Dr. Schaffer was the best choice for my upper and lower blepharoplasty, hands down. There are people out there who say it's best to go to an oculoplastic surgeon for this type of surgery so choosing someone who doesn’t specialize solely in eyes didn't come easily at first. However, seeing all the experience, awards, photos and excellent ratings changed my mind. The final deciding factor was my consultation with Dr. Schaffer. I was afraid the surgery would change the shape of my eyes but the doctor explained why it happens and the reason it wouldn't with him. He is kind and takes time to answer any questions you have. The decision was a no-brainer and I'm so happy with my results. It has only been three months but the difference so far is unbelievable. It can take 6-12 months for the final result but I'm ecstatic so far. The healing period was slower for me due to an unrelated health issue but I would still do it all over again in a heartbeat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer and his staff are wonderful. I would recommend them to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Schaffer. He is without doubt the best in his field. From my initial consultation to post-op follow up. He is exceptional, my results were beyond all my expectations I had very minimal swelling and bruising! He has an a Amazingly efficient staff who are very accommodating, friendly and patient with any questions presented! I definitely recommend Dr Schaffer and Staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Great doctor—long lasting results! I recently consulted with Dr. Schaffer regarding my breast implant surgery that he performed over 23 years ago. My implants still look and feel like new, but I wanted to know if they should be replaced at some point in the future. Dr. Schaffer informed me there was no timeline to replace them unless there was a problem. That was great news to me as I am still completely happy with the results today.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
normally I don’t feel the need to rate MDs...they should be good at what they do...Dr Schaffer and his staff are FABULOUS, SPECTACULAR, PERSONABLE and put you at ease. If you are like me you might feel embarrassed about what hides beneath your clothing. I had lived with the shame and embarrassment for yrs but during my consult everyone made me feel SO at ease and reassured me that feeling anxious is normal. Dr. Schaffer has changed my life! He’s an artist (not Picasso but worth so much more)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?
Dr. Schaffer and Staff are very professional, caring and friendly. I had my surgery in January a full tummy tuck, six months later and I am very happy with the procedure and the results are amazing. I have a nice flat and tight abdominal area. I would highly recommend Dr. Schaeffer
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Schaffer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schaffer?

Cosmetic surgery is a life-changing event that can completely alter a patients view of themselves and elevate their self confidence.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

1979
1978
1974

Dr. Schaffer accepts

Dr. Schaffer accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Schaffer's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Mommy Makeover
  • Skin Aging

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Schaffer treats patients.

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)