Dr. Eric Rydberg, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Dr. Eric Rydberg, MD
Dr. Eric Rydberg, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Golden, CO. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Rydberg is affiliated with St. Anthony Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center.

Dr. Rydberg's Care Philosophy

I consider it a privilege to care for families, giving attention to their emotional, spiritual, and physical needs.

Dr. Rydberg's Experience

See how Dr. Rydberg's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rydberg

Dr. Rydberg accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Rydberg is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Rydberg has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rydberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rydberg to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Rydberg's Performance
    Denver, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is my primary physician but was unable to see me regarding a suspected broken finger. Since he is the boss, I will share my experience here. His PA was dismissive of my complaint and only ordered an x-ray grudgingly. She promised a call later in the day to tell me what what wrong. Instead, I got a call from the referral clerk who couldn't answer any questions. I requested a call from the PA. Two days later I call and request a call again. Once more and still nothing.
    in golden, co |
    I always have a good visit with Dr. Rydberg. He does not rush and gives me the attention I need. He explains things well.
    in Denver, CO |
    I was referred to Dr. Rydberg by my prior Dr. after changing careers and insurance providers. Although looking for a new Dr is always a inconvenience and a pain at times I would have to say it was a great choice. During my first visit he sat down with me and discussed my health concerns, history and family history and then suggested some preventative strategies, all of which made perfect sense and to which I followed. The patient website makes it easy to communicate with the Dr and staff.
    in Denver, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg has been my doctor for 15-20 year. He is very perceptive, and has made accurate diagnoses for my husband, children, and I each time we have gone in for care. He is compassionate, patient, and discerning. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends.
    Arvada, CO |
    I appreciate that Dr. Rydberg keeps to his appointments timely. He is always up beat and friendly. He is good at answering all my questions and his advise is straight forward and clear.
    in Littleton, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is the most compassionate doctor I know. He makes himself available and is very thoughtful in his diagnosis. Even with complex issues, he never gives up trying to find the right solution for his patients.
    in Arvada, CO |
    The name Dr. Eric has a good sound to it and it means quality care. He wants only the best for his patients who he considers his friends. He responds to your needs and follows up to make sure the treatments are working. My husband and I rely on Dr. Rydberg as do our daughter, her husband and their two children. Trusting Dr. Rydberg is easy and never misplaced. We hope he will always be our doctor and friend. Rita Shepard
    in Denver, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is very friendly and I trust his decisions. He has been very good to me.......
    Morrison, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is the kind of physician that you would have found 20 years ago....and I mean that in the best possible way. He takes time with you, is concerned, and asks all the right questions. He really cares. Can't recommend him more highly.
    in Arvada, CO |
    Dr Rydberg has been my primary physician for many years and I couldn't happier. He is good-humored, and allows me time to ask questions and explains the results of tests in a very understandable way.
    Denver, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg has followed my health for years as my primary care physician, consistently taken time to answer all my questions, and led me to more information if it was needed. I highly recommend him as a caring and knowledgeable physician.
    in Littleton, CO |
    Being 71 years old, I think that Dr. Rydberg takes extra time for my unusual illnesses -- old age carries strange symptoms. He's thorough and very communicative with me. For issues that in the past I would have called and played phone tag, I now use the Internet. This really saves me waiting for a return phone call.
    in Denver, CO |
    doctor rydberg has been my doctor for many years and i would recommend him to anybody that wants a doctor that takes his time to explain everything to you so you know what he is thinking and what you can do to get better and healthy. i would also call him a very good friend as well as my doctor.
    in Conifer, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is one of the most competent, detailed, focused, and very caring doctors I have known in my 72 years. He is very current and still interested in research. But, focuses on the patient with great care. He has been my primary care doctor for almost twenty years. I can not recommend him more highly.
    Longmont, CO |
    He has been my PCP for many years, and he has always treated me with respect and offered opinion on why he does or doesn't think certain medicines will or won't work for my health. I respect his recommendations.
    in Denver, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg has been my family physician for 20+ years. His knowledge, thoroughness, engagement, and warmth are a rare combination of traits in medical field. My recommendation goes beyond this post….most of my extended family are now patients!
    in Lakewood, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg has been my primary care physician for over 15 years. I actually look forward to my visits with him. He's always truly interested in "me" and that makes for great treatment. He is a compassionate and caring person - hard to find in this day and age.
    in Lakewood, CO |
    I am very comfortable with Dr Rydberg and he has been my regular Dr for several years. However I am very unhappy with the New West desk attitude of having to go to the ER for anything when a simple appointment could suffice. It is not cost efficient for the patient or the system. Seems like there is too much emphasis on filling all appointments for months at a time when some could be left open for non life threatening but urgent problems and tests.
    Denver, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is very approachable and knowledgeable. I trust him with all my concerns and know that he is very receptive and adequately addresses each issue. He is very good about returning phone calls as well.
    in Denver, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is an incredibly knowledgeable and wise physician. I've been seeing him for many years now and he always has the quality of my health care front and center of his concerns.
    in Denver, CO |
    Best doctor I've ever had, and that is saying a lot. Great personality and knowledgeable. Works with you and does not over medicate.
    in Arvada, CO |
    I have used Dr. Eric Rydberg, MD as my primary general practitioner for 11 years. He has seen me through several different medical conditions from standard flu and physicals to referrals for spine surgery. I will continue as his patient as long as he is in practice at Golden CO or a location nearby. During the time I have been his patient he always communicates and listens to what I try to convey about my health. He gives me a good understanding of my medical condition and needed treatment.
    in Lakewood, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg leaves you with the impression that you are his only patient of the day. He is complete in his answers and encourages questions. You always feel comfortable and confident in him.
    in Lakewood, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is superbly caring, extremely knowledgeable and is always willing to take the time to explain a condition or answer a question, no matter how simple it may be. Doctor's staff are courteous, prompt and know their business. I trust Dr. Rydberg's diagnosis and take his direction seriously. I would highly recommend this wonderful professional.
    in Golden, CO |
    I'm happy to highly recommend Dr. Rydberg to family and friends. He is always professional, a good communicator and I appreciate his medical expertise. Another strong point is Dr. Rydberg always makes recommendations based on good medical science. He then gives me options and ultimately always asks me what choice I would like to make. He truly feels like a professional medical partner in my health care.
    in Lakewood, CO |
    Our family has some rather unique issues medically, including a disabled son. Dr. Rydberg's knowledge, compassion, and personal care are very professional and personable. He takes the time to answer all our questions, making sure, before we leave, that we understand the issues, new meds, etc. I would recommend him anyone, anytime, for any reason. I've been a patient of New West Physicians since the early 1970s because of the outstanding care, and Dr. Rydberg is certainly one of the best.
    in Littleton, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg is the best regular doc I've ever used. He is patient and takes the time to actually listen to what I've got to say, and answers questions with no B.S. I've never felt rushed or been made to feel like the person in the next room was more important. Always (almost) on time.
    Lakewood, CO |
    My 16 yo son has been a patient of Dr. Rydberg for 16 years. He is a fabulous doctor who always takes time to give very special care and attention in our appointment. It's easy to see that Dr. Rydberg cares for his patients as a doctor and on a personal level as well. We always feel that he explains his diagnoses and input in a very precise and understanding manner.
    Cali, VAC |
    Dr. Rydberg has looked after me and my family for many years. I have grown to trust his care and judgment. Even if he is unable to see me personally, his staff and associates make equal effort to take care us. I appreciate this very much.
    Wheat Ridge, CO |
    Dr. Rydberg has been our family physician for 15 years.We trust him and have absolutely no complaints.
    Denver, CO |
    Unbelievably rude office staff!
    Littleton, CO |
    I have been seeing Dr. Rydberg for years and he is an amazing PCP. He is kind, he takes the time to listen and do a thurough exam or testing even if he patient might be fine. My husband and I have both appreciated his level of care and professionalism.
    Have you seen Dr. Eric Rydberg, MD?
    Are you Dr. Rydberg?

Dr. Rydberg's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rydberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice

• NCQA Diabetes Recognitiion Program - 2011-2014, 2011
      • NCQA PPC-Patient Centered Medical Home, Level 3, 2012-2015, 2012
      • NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program 2011-2014, 2011
      • 5280 Magazine, Colorado's Top Doctors (Family Practice), 2007

Dr. Rydberg has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rydberg's Board Certifications

Rose Medical Center

Completed in 1998

Stanford University

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Rydberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rydberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage