Dr. Eric Parsons, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Parsons

Lake Orthopaedic Associates Inc

9500 Mentor Ave Ste 210 Mentor, OH 44060

Dr. Eric Parsons, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Mentor, OH. He graduated from Ohio State University College Of Medicine and Public Health and specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic sports medicine.

Dr. Parsons accepts

Dr. Parsons accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Medicaid
Medical Mutual of Ohio
National Elevator
WellCare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check if Dr. Parsons treats your condition or procedure

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Parsons

Dr. Parsons?
Dr. Parsons' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Eric Parsons, MD
I just saw Dr. Parsons for an initial consult. He asked me what happened,and then examined my knee. He did not push me to get surgery right away He told me that we could proceed based on how I feel. He didn't even push me to get the MRI. He told me I could hold off about 3-4 weeks and if my knee still feels bad then I can call the office and tell them I want the MRI and then I would get the MRI and we would proceed from there. I appreciated that he mostly asked questions and that he actually listened to my responses and that he did not push surgery. He is very personable and I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing an orthopaedic surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
I cam to Dr Parsons with a torn rotator cuff. Dr Parsons was very thorough with the explanation of the surgery and what would happen after the surgery. He showed me before and after images of my shoulder and was very caring and thoughtful. My shoulder is better than even before the tear. I am very, very pleased with his approach and his surgical skills. Would recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
Excellent! He walked me through my surgery for a torn rotar cuff. Keeping me informed and positive. I had therapy after for a few months at Lake Health and the people there were so great. They did a wonderful job there and put up with my silliness and helped me to a faster recovery than anyone thought. I miss the people there, but I am fully recovered and thank everyone involved in this experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
My injuries are sports related. I am a CrossFit athlete, Mtn Biker, kayaker. Basically, I try hard to stay active and participate in as much as possible as I age. Recovery after surgery is very critical to me as I would like to start training again as quickly as possible. Dr Parsons repaired my Left Shoulder Labrum. I also had some arthritis issues, which he cleaned up. PT was easy to schedule. He did not limit my PT visits. I am currenty 13 weeks post-surgery and feel great. Thanks Again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
My experience with Dr Parsons was very positive . I had a torn rotator cuff and Dr Parsons did the surgery to repair it for me. He was very personable, and knowledgeable. After my surgery , I started physical therapy at the Mentor Lake Health Facility. No one likes to go to physical therapy, but they made it fun and enjoyable for me and all of the other patients. I am truly thankful for Dr Parsons and the Physical Therapists - (I mostly worked with Sandy and Tom), for making me well agaIn
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
Outstanding Doctor and surgeon!! I was severely injured in a hotel on a business trip, torn muscle, rotator cuff, snapped tendons. Dr Parsons operated, repairing tendons and muscle tear, then did something that is new he used a cadavor cuff to repair the cuff. He was the first surgeon to try this. Because of his outstanding skills and his outstanding therapist Jamie Smith I can now raise my arm over my head and have half a golf swing!! Thank you so much for what you did for me!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
I had left rotator cuff surgery after a work accident...Dr Parsons explained everything very thoroughly...and we had surgery...everything went well and recovery has been very good. His physical therapy staff are all very knowledgeable and wonderful to work with...I would highly recommend Dr Parsons and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
I had a rotator cuff tear. The first surgery recovery did not go well. A 2nd MRI revealed another tear. Dr. Parsons was consulted for a second opinion before having the 1st surgeon do the 2nd surgery. I chose him for the 2nd surgery, and his method and experience proved successful for my recovery. I think the 1st surgery would have worked out better if I chose him instead.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
I went to Dr. Parsons after seeing a doctor in another network who told me that my only treatment option was physical therapy. Dr. Parsons reviewed my past two shoulder surgeries and set me up in PT to see if that would work. After I was still having symptoms, we decided together that surgery would be the next step. He never pressured me toward surgery. In fact, he always asked me, "So what do you want to do now?" I never thought I'd have this much function in my shoulder again. Miracle worker.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
My experience with Dr. Parsons was extremely positive from my first office visit until my follow up visit after he performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee. He explains everything clearly, is very kind and most knowledgeable in his medical field. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of a proficient orthopedic doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
Dr. Parsons was clear in his explanation of what my treatment would be and was very kind, patient and professional. From my first office visit until my follow-up visit after my arthroscopic knee surgery I was very satisfied and felt very confident under his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
Saw Dr. Parsons for a partially torn biceps tendon, partially torn subscapularis muscle and large subacromial spur 10/17-1/18. 6 months of physical therapy and had 2 cortisone injections which helped for a month. He told me I could get six injections when I questioned him about surgical repair. I was frustrated as I'm active and was limited! He told me I had a DEFEATEST attitude! Saw CCF doc 4/18 and told I needed surgery, PT would not fix. Had surgery 1 week ago. GET 2nd OPINION! Summer ruined.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
Dr. Parsons has a great bedside manner. He explains what's wrong, he explains the options open to you, he takes the time you need to understand the issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. Parsons by a friend for Rotator Cuff Surgery. I found him to be very knowledgeable in his field and he did an excellent job with my surgery. The surgery was somewhat easy Dr. Parsons was very adapt at performing this surgery. The surgery went very well, recovery was very quick and physical therapy was very good. I would highly recommend Dr. Parsons for this surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
I had a torn rotator cuff, Dr. Parsons repaired it, The ease and flexibility of the doctor and the office staff was amazing. Very please with the outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
I had a massive rotor cuff tear while playing baseball. Standard repair wasn't an option due to severity of injury. Dr. Parsons recommended superior capsule reconstruction, which was done January 2016 on my left shoulder at age 57. I was off work for 4 months, but after therapy, I was able to do my steel worker job and actually play baseball again against doctor recommendations. I knew for years my right shoulder was torn and will have that operated soon by Dr. Parsons.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
Doctor Parsons recommended rotator cuff surgery to my right shoulder after reviewing the MRI. The MRI revealed a tear of approx. 1.5", surgery was performed on May 30, 2017. I was told I would have to wear a sling for 6 weeks, was out of the sling in 4 weeks and started physical therapy to get motion and strength back. Well, here we are 3 months after surgery, full range of motion has been restored, strength is coming along nicely. Dr. Parsons is and excellent surgeon, highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
First doctor said there was nothing he could do for my torn rotator cuff because I am 79 years old. Dr. Parsons look at my total health record and decided he could do the surgery to repair my shoulder because I am in such good shape otherwise considering my age. My numbers are all good , so there was no reason surgery wouldn't be successful. He has a great positive attitude and that gave me confidence to proceed. He insisted PT go slowly to ensure the healing of my rotator cuff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
Surgery : superior capsule reconstruction (rotator cuff) Dr. Parsons explained my MRI photos to me in detail. He also explained in detail as to what the surgery involved. It's been 6 months since my surgery and I am back to work at 85 to 90 %. After the surgery the most important task is your therapy after your Dr. advises it. Dr. Parsons goal and mine are to be 100%. I highly recommend Dr. Parsons, as well as his staff. He is up to date on all the newest technologies in surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Parsons, MD?
This was my second surgery for rotator cuff. Dr. Parsons did my other arm 5 years ago. it was so successful I was able to return to playing Senior Softball the next year. My throwing was as good as new. He also repair my sons arm the year before that and he is back playing sports and lifting weights ect... Also his Physical Therapy group is top notch. PT is extreemly important to full recovery. It is the perfect system to get you back to your normal active life.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Parsons?

Lake Orthopaedic Associates Inc

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Parsons treats patients.