Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Eric Oberlander, MD
Dr. Eric Oberlander, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Baton Rouge, LA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Oberlander is affiliated with Woman's Hospital, Lakeview Regional Medical Center, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Fairway Medical Surgical Hospital, Baton Rouge General - Mid City, Cypress Pointe Surgical Hospital and St. Tammany Parish Hospital.

The NeuroMedical Center Clinic

• MetLife
  • Peoples Health
  • PPO Plus

Learn about Dr. Oberlander

The NeuroMedical Center is the regions largest team of experts solely focused on specialized care for the brain, spine, and nervous system including surgery and rehabilitation. I, along with my staff, assure you that we will strive to exceed your expectations regarding the care of you and your loved ones.

Dr. Oberlander's Experience

Dr. Oberlander's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Tumor
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniotomy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Virginia Tech
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Oberlander has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Oberlander does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oberlander and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Oberlander's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oberlander to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Oberlander's Performance
in Lacombe, LA |
After getting opinions from several surgeons, I found out I needed a 4 level ACDF. I decided for Dr. Oberlander to do my surgery. He thoroughly explained the surgery and answered all of my questions. I had no fear when the surgery date arrived. Dr. Oberlander's experience as a neurosurgeon, his compassion and confidence set me at ease. The surgery went extremely well. I had an excellent experience with Dr. Oberlander and his staff.
Mandeville, LA |
Excellent surgeon who is spread too thin treating patients in Baton Rouge, Hammond and Covington, which leaves too much "face time" being with the PA's instead of him. My husband saw him for post-op almost 3 weeks after surgery, after both PAs had missed a major problem. If he is your doctor then you need to ask a lot of questions and tell him every symptom you have, because he doesn't ask questions. My husband may need a second surgery and unfortunately he's lost confidence in Dr Oberlander.
Baton Rouge, la |
Stay away from him as he is a joke. Does not show at appointments and leaves his PA's to follow up. My surgery was a joke. People say he is the best, well if he is the best I hate to see the worst. Stay away from him. Surgery was a complete nightmare.
Hammond, la |
Extremely competent, amiable, caring
in Folsom, LA |
I was beyond impressed with my experience with Dr. Oberlander and his staff. He and his PA's are extremely knowledgeable, have a wonderful bedside manner and spent ample time explaining my options. He completely gained my trust and I was confident with his ability in performing my surgery. He is an excellent surgeon and I would highly recommend him to anyone!
in Springfield, LA |
When I went in to see Dr. Obelander, I was experiencing numbness, tingling, and heaviness in both arms with a burning pain between my shoulder blade and my neck. Dr. Oberlander recommended surgery. I was terrified, but knew surgery was inevitable. I never dreamed a neurosurgeon would be so down to earth. I felt safe in his care and trusted him entirely. Today, I was told everything healed perfectly. Thank You Dr. Oberlander for your wisdom and skills. Also, thank you for trusting me!
in Hammond, LA |
I first saw Dr. Oberlander as a second opinion. Another surgeon had recommenced surgery and it wasn't something I wanted to do. I went to Dr. Oberlander and he explained my choices and the potential positives and negatives of my options. After his assessment, and living in constant pain, he worked with me to create a treatment plan for repair and recovery. I can't say enough good things about him. He is an incredibly talented surgeon and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone!
in Prairieville, LA |
I am usually not one to leave reviews, but my recent experience with Dr.Oberlander and his staff warranted recognition. I went to him with a complex back problem needing surgery to correct and with his incredible talent as a surgeon, I am now completely pain free with a most positive outlook for a complete recovery to a very active lifestyle. Both he and his entire staff were willing to answer all questions and concerns with realistic compassion. I highly recommend Dr. Oberlander and his staff.
in Covington La |
My husband had surgery on jan 19th 2017. Dr oberlander did an amazing job. I have no complaints there. Its the post op care that leaves me frustrated. No answers to any calls left for him his nurse or his staff. It is now 1/31/17 and still no replies. To multiple attempts. I would recommend him as a surgeon. Just make sure you have patience after your surgery.
in LaPlace |
He was very optimistic at the beginning that he could help to relieve some of my back pain. After all of the x-rays and MRI's he said that there was noting he could do to improve my back condition. I have tried for two years to get copies of my X-rays and MRI's but they will not send me copies. My family doctor has also requested copies but they will not provide them to him either.
in Port Barre |
Dr. ERIC OBERLANDER WAS TRULY A GIFT FROM GOD IN MY CASE. AFTER TWO PREVIOUS BACK SURGERIES. FOR A VARIETY OF CIRCUMSTANCES MY BACK HAD DETERIORATED TO A POINT OF LEAVING ME PARALYZED. WHEN I WAS REFERED TO DR. OBERLANDER HE WAS BASICALLY MY LAST RESORT AS NO OTHER DR. WOULD EVEN PERFORM SURGERY ON ME. ALMOST 2 YEARS POST SURGERY I AM SO THANKFUL TO SAY PRAISE GOD AND ETERNALLY THANKS TO DR. ERIC OBERLANDER. MY QUALITY OF LIFE HAS RETURNED AND FAR EXCEEDED ANYTHING I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Oberlander, MD?
Are you Dr. Oberlander?