Dr. Eric Mandel, MD

Dr. Eric Mandel, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Eric Mandel, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Read his story

211 E 70th St

New York, NY 10021

• CoreSource
  • Davis Vision
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Mandel

See how frequently Dr. Mandel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Floaters
Blepharitis
high
Glaucoma
high

Dr. Mandel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Mandel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mandel "Dr. Mandel is a corneal micro-surgeon specializing in LASIK and PRK laser vision correction. He is the only exclusive laser vision correction surgeon named in America's Top Doctors by Castle Connolly, the most discriminating of the peer surveys, for 14 consecutive years."

• Ophthalmology

• Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Eye Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • LASIK
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Sophie Davis Center For Bio-Medical Education

• New York Magazine Best Doctors 2012, 2012
  • Patient's Choice Award, 2008-2012
  • Top Doctors: NY Metro Area by Castle Connolly, 2002-2012
  • America's Top Doctors by Castle Connolly, 2002-2012

Dr. Mandel has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Mandel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mandel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mandel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mandel to family and friends
Dr. Mandel's Performance
in Staten Island, NY |
From the moment I stepped in the office the receptionists greeted me with a smile & were very courteous and friendly. Dr. Mandel himself is also very knowledgable and friendly. They accommodated me for my long ride in from Staten Island and even accepted me on my late appts when traffic just was horrible. My PRK surgery was seamless. I was relaxed in their massage room prior to surgery. They walked me through the entire procedure and I can see much clearer and sharper and better of course.
in Flushing, NY |
Dr Mandel gave me back my sight. My eyesight was pretty bad (couldn't read or see the alarm clock without glasses or lenses) Doing lasik changed my life. It was more painful than anticipated (only for a few hours once I slept it went off) but so worth it. I can see that's how simple it is. It's amazing and I owe it all to Dr Mandel and my husband (he's the one who really found Dr Mandel) Dr Mandel is attentive, caring. He explained and did everything to guarantee a successful surgery.
in New York, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Mandel and his practice to anyone considering laser vision corrective surgery. I recently had Lasix surgery with Dr. Mandel and couldn't be happier with the results. He is an excellent and skilled surgeon. His friendly and professional staff perform many preoperative tests, within a few hours, to determine if surgery is indicated. The surgery itself was a very pleasant experience. Truly a great surgeon and wonderful office staff.
Bronx, NY |
I just had Lasik surgery on Monday, and all is great! I can't fully express with words how amazing my experience has been, from beginning to end. Dr. Mandel and his entire staff are warm, caring, supportive and highly professional. They guided me through my nervousness, and were very clear and comforting. I got all my questions answered before surgery and afterwards. I couldn't be happier with my results! I highly recommend going to Dr. Mandel for your procedure!
in NYC |
After wearing contacts/glasses for almost a decade, i decided to check if i would be a candidate. I was really impressed by the thoroughness of the consultation and i knew right there that i could trust these guys with my eyes. Dr. Mandel advised the i qualified for both LASIK and PRK. I decided to go with PRK. The procedure lasted less than two minutes. No pain, just a little discomfort. After the procedure, Dr. Mandel walked me into a room and opened the window, I could finally see!!! Nine d
in New York, NY |
Absolutely fabulous experience getting mono-vision lasik done in both eyes, after waiting 10 yr. Dr. Mandel and staff provided a lot of time examining & patiently explaining post-op expectations, and answering all questions, and calming nervousness. He recommended monovision (one eye corrected for reading, and another for distance), and it has worked out fantastic. I am able to see at all distances, including intermediate, very very well. And fortunately, no side effects either. Thanks Doc.
in Forest Hills, NY |
Excellent staff. Very professional.
in Astoria, NY |
On the day on my procedure, I was extremely nervous. The staff (Gabrielle, Missy, and Dr Mandel) were really comforting and kind. Before my procedure, I was placed in a relaxation room with these amazing massage chairs. During the procedure, Gabrielle and Dr Mandel talked me through step by step what was going to happen. Gabrielle even did a count down for each eye which was comforting. I was in an out in 10 mins. I went from -5 to now better than 20/20. I am so happy with the results!
in Queens Village, NY |
Dr. Mandel and his staff were kind, gentle and patient. So it was rather refreshing to see a doctor took the time to vet his staff and choose only those who share his vision of caring or caring for vision. When Dr. Mandel, forewent his personal interest, told me not to go with the Lasik Procedure I went to see him for, he gained my trust and respect; Dr. Mandel is the ONLY person I would trust with my eyes.
in New York, NY |
On Monday January 25, 2015 and I went to Dr. Mandel office and I had the greatest experience from the Receptionist to the Doctor. Dr. Mandel turned me back because I was not a candidate for LASIK. He explained it to me why in a plain English for that a child could understand it. They took their time to evaluate thoroughly. These are he exacts words If I do LASIK I will make your eyes worst. If the glasses do not bother you, just wear them and do not let anyone touch your eyes
in Woodhaven, NY |
I went to Dr. Mandel because few recommendations from my coworkers. He was little bit more expensive then few other places but my friend told me that he is really great and well worth it. First visit I was nervous but his jokes made me feel like I was at home. Every visit he was there. The whole LASIK procedure was 10 minutes and he made me feel really safe and confident. Anyway...second day after the procedure I my vision was better than 20/20. Money well spend!!!
in New York, NY |
To say Dr. Mandel exceeds my expectations would be an understatement. From beginning to end, Dr. Mandel and his staff of highly qualified and thoughtful employees do nothing to but strive to make your experience as comfortable and efficient as possible. I never waited past my appointment time, I was always treated with great courtesy, and while waiting for my LASIK eye surgery I was provided with many amenities to make me feel comfortable. I would recommend Mandel Vision (and have) to everyone.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Mandel, MD?
Are you Dr. Mandel?

See our Ophthalmology Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital

Visit Dr. Mandel

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Guardian
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Oxford Health Plans
    Freedom Plan
  • POMCO Group
    Oxford Liberty
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)

Hospitals where Dr. Mandel has admitting privileges