Dr. Eric Makhni, MD

Dr. Eric Makhni, MD

Sports Medicine  |
Male

Dr. Eric Makhni, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in West Bloomfield, MI. He has been practicing for 7 years. Dr. Makhni is affiliated with Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital.

Henry Ford Medical Group

6777 W Maple Rd

West Bloomfield, MI 48322

• HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Makhni

Video

Dr. Makhni's Experience

Dr. Makhni's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

Dr. Makhni does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis

• Lateral Meniscus Repair
  • Medial Meniscus Repair
  • Meniscus Surgery
  • Meniscus Transplantation
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Tommy John Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Massachusetts Institute of Technology
  • Rush University Medical Center - Shoulder, Elbow, Sports Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016
  • Harvard Business School
    Other Education | Completed 2011

Dr. Makhni has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Makhni has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Makhni does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Makhni and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Makhni's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Makhni to family and friends
Dr. Makhni's Performance
Warren |
Great experience working with Dr. Makhni and his associates. Would highly recommend.
in Troy, MI |
Tore my hamstring off. Dr Makhni was a second opinion 6 months later. So glad I went for that second opinion. He repaired the hamstring using a cadaver tendon and I am finally back in action. So patient with all my questions and truly concerned for my well being. He is an excellent surgeon. I would highly recommend him.
in Troy, MI |
I needed a shoulder replacement. Dr. Makhni was my surgureon, I was comfortable with him we worked together to make the right discussion. I am very pleased with how the surgery went. I think he is a really fine surgeon, and a Dr. Who listens to his patients.
Highly recommended by a trusted friend in the medical field. Very glad I listened and choose this Dr.
Royal Oak, MI |
Performed outstanding surgery on my ACL.
in west bloomfield , MI |
Dr. Makhni was so down to earth and knowledgeable! He made me feel comfortable about my treatment and made sure I understood everything before making any decisions.
in Clinton Township, MI |
Outstanding doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Makhni to family and friends. He was thorough, thoughtful and his recommendation for treatment of my knee was great.
in Novi, MI |
Dr Makhni is wonderful! He is very thorough, he answered all of our questions, is very accessible to his patients and went out of his way to help us on more than one occasion.
in Farmington, MI |
Very professional. Pleasant personality. He listens and spends the time as needed with you. Suggested treatment that was not presented to me by my first DR.. I felt confident in his ability to treat me.. Will definitely use Dr. Makhni in the future.
in Troy, MI |
Dr. Makhni was really nice and attentive to my case at first. But, he has gotten caught up in hospital politics recently. I have been yelled at by his nurse; she interfered with care. Another nurse has significantly delayed a prescription for a brace, ordered for over 5 weeks. Dr. Makhni ordered CTScan, X-rays, and MRI. His nurse called me to inform me that Dr. Makhni did not have to tell me or talk to me about the results. Last visit was horrible didn't discuss other test results. Double talks.
in Farmington, MI |
I have consulted with Dr. Makhni on two separate issues. His assessment of the first situation and his recommendations brought about a happy ending without having to endure any type of surgery. The second situation, I believe, will also end with good results without the need of surgery. I appreciate his demeanor which is friendly and and confident. I have a high level of confidence in his evaluation and plan of action for the most recent situation.
in Troy, MIFerndale, MI |
I selected Dr. Makhni based upon the information in his profile and video available though Henry Ford Health System. I was most impressed with his education, experience, and his approach to solving orthopedic issues. I had my first appointment with Dr. Makhni on 26 May and I was totally impressed with his manner and approach to solving the issues I'm having with my shoulders. I plan to follow through with the program he has recommended; I will definitely be seeing Dr. Makhni on an ongoing basis
in Cickommerce Toickiwnship, MI |
I would recommend Dr Makhni to anyone needing this type of operation . dr makhni was very good explaining the procedure on my r shoulder. The operation went exactly as he told me it would. I had pain for 4 days , and no pain after that. Thank you Dr Makhni.
in Holly, MI |
I thought Dr. Makhni was very good. I'm young, my mom was with me. So more importantly, my mom thought he was awesome. Especially when he called me, just to see how I was doing.
in Livonia, MI |
I had a great experience with Dr. Makhni. When I met in his office, he reviewed my medical file, test results, and discussed in detail options available to provide comfort. I immediately felt comfortable with his recommendations, he was thorough and took the time to explain my options. I trusted his opinion and followed through with the surgery. Follow up visits have left me with great confidence that he was the perfect surgeon for my procedure. Thank you Dr. Makhni - you're the bedt!!
in Farmington, MI |
I was very pleased with the way Dr. Makhni dealt with my labral tear in my shoulder. Being a pitcher in baseball, surgery was not something I wanted to do, so Dr. makhni put together a plan that fit my best interests. I received a PRP injection from him and have responded well from it. Dr Makhni is very easy to reach and helps patients understand how to deal with their specific injury.
in Troy, MI |
Dr Makhni was professional, caring and honest with me. Couldn't ask for more!
in Detroit, MI |
Great with follow ups.
in Highland, MI |
Very impressive physician! Intelligent and compassionate. Dr. Mahkni listened to my concerns, provided options, and charted a course of action suitable to my injury. Generally, rotator cuff repairs take 4-6 months for recovery. At only 3 months post-surgery, I am nearly pain free and have great range of movement. I am confident in his ability as a surgeon, and would recommend him to anyone.
sterling heights |
I am currently three months out from my hip arthroscopy and my hip is doing great. I just started running again and am already doing upper body exercises in the gym, as well as some lower body ones. Dr. Makhni is a very kind and professional doctor. My hip is slowly getting stronger each day and I know that within a the 6 month period that I was told a full recovery would take I will be back to normal. I strongly recommend Dr. Makhni to any patient.
in Farmington, MI |
Had my first surgery ever (ACL) with Dr. Makhni. I couldn't have been happier with his performance. He always very quick to answer emails, texts, or phone calls during my recovery process.
in Troy, MI |
Dr. Makhni is an excellent surgeon, who did wonders for my knee. I was back on my feet in no time. He always listens first and then addresses each and every question. He is also reluctant to rush into anything. I feel very comfortable with him.
in macomb, mi |
Easy to talk to, explain what is going on and gives you options. Great guy, everything I did with him was first class.
in Plymouth, MI |
He is caring and takes the time to answer all questions. Does not talk down by explaining everything in laymen's terms. Two thumbs up.
in Farmington, MI |
Dr. Makhni is an excellent surgeon. I was referred to him after having an MRI that showed I had lateral and medial meniscus tears in my knee along with bone spurs. Upon meeting him he shared the options I had for my situation. I was impressed with his knowledge and expertise and felt very comfortable in having the surgery. On the day of my surgery I felt 100% better and was back to work in 2 days. Arthroscopic surgery and Dr. Makhni has given me back the quality of life I deserved and needed.
in Grosse Pointe, MI |
Dr. Makhni is one of the most thorough, engaging, smart and respectful physicians I have ever encountered. He lives up to what you would expect from his his educational pedigree and impressive professional resume, but adds a keen high touch manner to his practice. Great experience, great doc.
in Wyoming, MI |
Dr. Makhni was very professional and explained my condition to me and what procedure he was going to do. Very impressed at the difference of my hip just ten days after surgery. Have to say Dr. Makhni's bedside manners are awesome.
in Midland, MI |
I am a thrower in college and had severe lower back pain. I had a MRI done which showed nothing and did therapy with the school trainer. My mom talked to people at Henry Ford and they recommended Dr. Makhni, he offered to see me that day. When I saw him he spent time talking to me and moving my legs around to figure out the problem. Since I saw him and received an injection that he recommended I have felt good for the first time in about a year and a half. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Makhni, MD?
Are you Dr. Makhni?