Dr. Eric Mahoney, MD

Critical Care Surgery | Male

Dr. Eric Mahoney, MD
Dr. Eric Mahoney, MD is a critical care surgery doctor who practices in Concord, MA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Mahoney is affiliated with Emerson Hospital.

Dr. Mahoney's Experience

See how Dr. Mahoney's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mahoney

Dr. Mahoney accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Mahoney is now accepting new patients
    Concord Surgical Associates131 Old Rd To 9 Acre Cor Ste 770
    Concord, MA 01742
    (978) 287-7350Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mahoney has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mahoney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mahoney to family and friends
    Dr. Mahoney's Performance
    in Westford, MA |
    I had complete confidence in Dr. Mahoney from the beginning since he was highly recommended. He put me at ease immediately and explained my condition, remedies, and risks. He actually delayed my surgery since I had a tick bite and suspected Lyme disease and did not want that to jeopardize my hernia repair. Post surgery, I could walk and urinate with little pain and never had to take narcotic pain meds. I was back exercising after 21 days and feel great. I would highly recommend Dr. M.
    in Westford, MA |
    Dr. Eric J. Mahoney is a superior doctor, surgeon, and individual. He instills a confidence in the patient, upon first meeting, that reinforces the decision that was made to consult with him in the first place. He discussed all aspects of my ailment, with my wife and myself, and he was even able to convey clearly to us all the necessary steps that would have to be taken. Evidently the surgery required techniques apart from the usual, and he fully discussed those with us at followup visit.
    in Ayer, MA |
    Dr. Eric J. Mahoney is excellent with manners and all technical skills in procedure.
    in Acton, MA |
    Best hospital experience I've ever had. I was diagnosed, scheduled for surgery, pre-surgical tested and operated on in less than 2 weeks. Day of my surgery went like clockwork. Everything was on time. I was in the hospital, prepped, met with doctors, had surgery (including general anesthesia), recovered and out of the hospital in less than 4 hours. Most importantly, Dr. Mahoney made sure that the diagnostic procedures correctly identified my condition (a less common hernia than usual).
    in Littleton, MA |
    He was excellent at explaining the procedure, and any possible complications. He made me feel well at ease.
    in Littleton, MA |
    I was really happy with the care and attention that I received with Dr. Mahoney. His staff was friendly and he took the time to really explain my condition and treatment (even drawing diagrams). Highly recommend.
    in Stow, MA |
    Dr Mahoney clearly exhibited his knowledge in a professional and friendly manner. He explained the procedure and covered the risks in a very informative way. This together with his pleasant attitude provided a great deal of confidence for me. I was also extremely happy with the results of the operation.
    Westford, MA |
    Excellent "bedside manner", approachable, very clear communications.
    in Westford, MA |
    At the request of my internist, Dr. Mahoney consulted with me in his office and performed surgery within 24 hours of the request. He was courteous, considerate and patient in answering my questions both in his office and prior to surgery. I would return to him if I needed other surgery.
    Concord, MA |
    Dr. Mahoney handled my hernia operation beautifully! I had an umbilical hernia that I had waited almost a year to address, and he explained all of my surgical options, accessed it carefully, and brilliantly did the operation. Everything went so well, I ended up not needing to take any pain medication post-surgery, and my recovery was right on track with the plan he presented me with. Dr. Mahoney is very down to earth, easy to talk to, and was attentive to my needs as a patient.
    Westford, MA |
    He was exceptionally patient and very informative with me and my family. He and his staff made my Hernia surgery as pleasant as I could expect. With his instructions I felt very much at ease thru out the entire procedure. The date of my surgery was 10/31/2016.
    in Littleton, MA |
    Dr. Mahoney and his office staff were wonderful. They made my whole experience easy and smooth. He was easily available for questions after my surgery and very knowledgeable and confident in his place of care. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone.
    in Sudbury, MA |
    I met Dr. Mahoney during emergency room visit while experiencing severe abdominal pain. The results of scans determined I had a perforated appendix. The doctor quickly explained complications of my circumstances and risks, then began treating infection in preparation for surgery. At 9 PM Dr. Mahoney called in emergency surgical team. After 10 days, outcome is good. No sign of residual infection. Minimal pain/discomfort. I would consult Dr. Mahoney for future surgical needs.
    in Lancaster, MA |
    I first met Dr. Mahoney in the CCU at Emerson Hospital. I had a perforated bowel with bacterial infection. Over the next months under his care, the infection was controlled and I healed enough for a bowel segment resection. Resection was delayed due to a gall bladder attack and subsequent removal which Dr. Mahoney also did. Though not an easy time for me I felt totally confident that I was taken care of by a very capable and sympathetic doctor. I am now well recovered from both surgeries.
    Groton, MA |
    Dr Mahoney was very detailed in his assessment of my condition and the reasons to consider corrective surgery. He actually provided more information on a previous condition than the doctors who treated that situation had provided a couple months earlier. He instilled a great amount of trust and comfort in his knowledge and abilities which were confirmed at the success of the procedure.
    in Westford, MA |
    Dr. Mahoney is an excellent communicator. He explained my condition and my options very clearly and provided me with notes that I took with me to share with my family. My hernia surgery at Emerson Hospital with Dr. Mahoney was successful and I have experienced no complications. I feel very fortunate and grateful as my surgery and recovery have been free of anything I would call pain.
    in Boxborough, MA |
    I've had many surgeries in connection with endometriosis, all with a surgeon at another hospital, and so was nervous about having surgery with a doctor I didn't know. From that first visit I felt comfortable. Dr. Mahoney is SO smart about SO many different conditions! He knew all about endometriosis, in addition to hernias which is what I was seeing him for. I told him I had trouble before with a certain kind of stitches, so he used a different type. He's accommodating, approachable and kind.
    in Washington, DC |
    I got to him via the Emerson Hospital Emergency Room, and he was responsive to questions and clear about treatment needed.
    in Fitchburg, MA |
    I had emergency appendectomy at another local hospital and my care was not handled appropriately and I became infected- I was seen at Emerson ER (Dr. Franks) and was referred to Dr. Eric Mahoney. He is an amazing surgeon with the best bed side manner. He is very caring and took the time to listen to my concerns and fears and explain what he needed to do to help me get better. I was very fearful coming to the hospital because of my care at the previous hospital. Dr. Mahoney calmed my fears
    in Langdon, NH |
    Maybe the strongest recommendation any physician can receive may come from a familiar healthcare source who would choose that doctor for their own care.....as I did. That decision allowed me significant comfort throughout surgery and treatment for a truly worrisome illness.
    Concord, MA |
    Very personable. Explained everything very clearly.
    in Concord, MA |
    I would definitely use and highly recommend Dr Mahoney. I was able to get an appt with him within a couple of days. His office and staff was extremely helpful and professional. Dr. Mahoney was kind, attentive and reassuring all while explaining what he thought was going on. He is approachable and easy to talk with. I really liked him and felt very comfortable with him.
    in Acton, MA |
    Dr. Mahoney is an excellent surgeon, person and caregiver. Good bedside manner, very deliberate and thoughtful in his approach to patient care and considerate of his patients' needs. Very easy to talk to and a nice person.
    in Concord, MA |
    I have utmost confidence in Dr. Mahoney's ability. He carefully explains each problem, encourages questions, includes me in decision-making, and arranges for help from other providers when indicated. He has great bedside manners and both my husband and I enjoy talking with him. Thanks for the opportunity to pay a compliment to a physician who deserves five stars on every question.
    Littleton, MA |
    Highly recommended.
    in Chelmsford, MA |
    I found out I had colon cancer Dr mahoney came to meet me within an half hour he w a s attentive informative and very professional.I would recommend him to any one .the staff is very pleasant.the wait wasn't very long.
    in Maynard, MA |
    Dr. Mahoney was recommended by my PCP, but before making my first scheduled consultation visit, I looked for as much information as I could find about him. From the very first consultation appointment to the post operation appointments, he has been one of the most patient, knowledgeable and charismatic doctors I've ever dealt with. Many surgeons push you toward surgery. Dr. Mahoney gave me several options, both surgical and non-surgical. He then said to take my time before making a decision.
    in Groton, MA |
    Dr. Erick L. Mahoney is an excellent surgeon. If it were not for him, I would not be here today. He saved my life. As this was the first surgery and time spent at Emerson Hospital, it was a very good experience. If I ever need another surgery (hope not), I would request Dr. Mahoney as the only surgeon to operate on me. I have the utmost confidence in him than any other surgeon. Yes, I'd recommend him to everybody that needs the kind of surgeries he does.
    Have you seen Dr. Eric Mahoney, MD?
    Are you Dr. Mahoney?

Dr. Mahoney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Critical Care Surgery

Completed in 2006

Completed in 2010

Boston College

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Mahoney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mahoney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Critical Care Surgery