Dr. Eric Leong, DO

PsychiatryMaleAge 59

Dr. Leong
Telehealth services available
1831 NW KINGS BLVD Corvallis, OR 97330

Dr. Eric Leong, DO is a Psychiatry Specialist in Corvallis, OR and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University, Midwestern University medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with Sacred Heart Medical Center University District. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Leong to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check Dr. Leong's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Leong treats this condition more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Leong's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Leong accepts

Dr. Leong accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

2.1

Dr. Leong?
  • Office environment (1)
  • Office environment (3)
When I read the reviews here and about his long military career, I was intimidated and nervous for my first appt with Dr Leong. As a woman who has experienced the humiliation of being dismissed and minimized by health care providers, I was mentally preparing myself to, yet again, having to be my own advocate in a fight for my care. All the nervousness and preemptive defensiveness was for nothing. I found Dr Leong to be warm and approachable. He is confident, candid, and direct, which may ruffle feathers for some, but I appreciate that in a mental health care provider. Dr Leong has made the key connections that allowed me to be properly diagnosed. My earlier diagnoses likely being symptoms, rather than the root causes. He explained my options and assured me that he would be a partner in finding the treatments that work. We're still working on finding my right treatment plan, but for the first time in 20+ years I feel like a fulfilling and happy life is with reach.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Feb 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Leong, DO?
I saw Dr Leong for about 6 months. I went to him about every 6 weeks for medication management and bipolar management. The vibe he gave off was very uncomfortable to me, but assuming I was reading the situation wrong, I continued to go. It was difficult seeing him as he often went on rabbit trails telling stories about his life, rather than discussing how I should manage the issues I was dealing with. He joked around often, once even joking about me coming to his house for dinner. Not really appropriate for any doctor, mush less a mental health provider. The final straw for me was when he started having his 10 year old son in session transcribing while he asked me about the sexual aspects of my disorder as well as suicidal thoughts. Out of line for any provider and I very much do not recommend him.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Leong, DO?
Hes ok... i've had better, and that was my mistake of going to him... (I thought he was different) he did help me with my meds, but theres just something about him that seemed off... the first time i saw him he was really cool and out going and funny... but the second time and so on, he seemed not his happy self and gave off the vibe he didnt want to be there.... he also acted like it. so yet again I'm going to be looking for yet another Psychiatrist.... (WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVES ME OF WHAT IM GOING THROUGH....) THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME MR. LEONG...... trust me I didnt want to have to visit you monthly either... but i needed my meds sadly.... hummmphhhh.......
Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Leong, DO?
My husband began seeing him in June. He had bi polar, and began medications. We told the Dr that he had began drinking again and even though there are meds that could have helped him not have craving to drink and I voiced my opinion. Nothing was done. I called frantically for help on a Friday. I was told we could ALWAYS be helped. We weren't and that Sunday my husband did something horrible and not our family is destroyed and he is in jail. Dr leong doesn't care.
Sep 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Leong, DO?
My experience with Dr Leong has been superlative. His background is vast, his treatment unique, and the benefit I received in six days with Dr Leong was exponentially greater than the benefit I received in four and one-half years of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Dr Leong saved my life. Plus, at the hospital in which I was treated, the nursing staff informed me Dr Leong was the most respectful psychiatrist with whom they work. PTSD sufferers should flock to Eugene, OR to see this gifted doctor.
Dave I in Harrisburg, OR – Aug 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Leong, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Leong?

• Psychiatry