Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 33

Psychiatry

Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Torrance, CA and has over 8 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Ut Southwestern Med Center At Dallas medical school in 2014. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD

Eric A. Lazcano M.d., Inc.

3711 Lomita Blvd Ste 197 Torrance, CA 90505 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Lazcano's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Lazcano's Top Procedures and Conditions

ADHD and-or ADD

Dr. Lazcano treats ADHD and-or ADD more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Lazcano treats this condition more than 85% of his peers

Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence

Dr. Lazcano treats Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Lazcano treats this condition more than 84% of his peers

Drug and Alcohol Dependence

Dr. Lazcano treats Drug and Alcohol Dependence more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Lazcano treats this condition more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Lazcano's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disordered Eating
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Schizophrenia
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Lazcano accepts

Dr. Lazcano accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lazcano

4.4

Dr. Lazcano

Look no further
Dr. Lazcano helped me get through some very challenging times. He listened deeply, asked thoughtful questions, and paid attention to my reasons for needing help, the traumas I have experienced, as well as what my values and goals are. His recommendations, both non medicine treatments such as alpha stim electrotherapy device, and medication, helped me greatly. He was genuine and determined to help me reach a healthier state. I’m very grateful for his help. If you’re looking for an excellent doctor, who has a holistic approach and truly cares about his patients, be sure to contact him.
Sahar – Feb 26, 2022
Dear Sahar: Your kind words are sincerely...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Absolutely, hands down!!! Dr. Lazcano took over a flourishing practice in the shadow of a man that was practicing for decades. This was not an easy job, and large shoes to fill. The first year I observed Dr. Lazacano, and, he took note of me. I give him 5 *'s for his dedication and concern for his patients, his ability to communicate and respond, and most importantly his listening skills...I have never heard once the canned response, "what do you think?" Dr. Lazcano is the real deal; if you need help and there is an opening, go for it. *****
Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
I have been a patient for about two years since previous, long time, doctor retired. Dr Lazcano is easy to talk with, he listens! He has a holistic approach using exercise, and mindfulness techniques as well as more traditional approaches. He will suggest vitamins and supplements as well as prescription medications. He explains treatments and the risks/benefits of all medications. He returns calls promptly. He factors in physical health issues as well as mental health problems. He has on occasion included my wife in appointment visits. I would recommend him highly to anyone seeking mental health support.
Satisfied patient – Dec 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Dr. Lazcano is a caring, attentive, and thoughtful doctor. I like that he incorporates mindfulness and other holistic treatments into his practice. He makes his patients a priority and is always accessible when issues or problems arise. A skilled psychiatrist if you need help during these stressful times!
Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Dr Lazcano has been treating me since he took over this practice from my previous Dr. of psychiatry. He is very punctual and keeps up to date with my progress. He does his homework and is always prepared for my appointments. He show a great interest in me and I am sure for all his patients. Compassion, sincerity, and his responsibility for me is his upmost interest. He is a professional and shows his sincere interest to keep his patients with up to date methods of his profession. Anyone is in good hands when there is need for a Psychiatrist. I highly reccommend Dr. Lazcano.
Joel Dime – Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
I have been with Eric for a year. He is a real breath of fresh air. I have been with with his predecessor before who was quite good but traditional. Eric's approach, for me, is somewhat esoteric and his approach is often eye opening and enlightening. I highly recommend him if you are looking for a therapist with a new and different approach.
MikeR – Dec 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Dr. Lazcano is very warm, professional and knowledgeable. What especially stands out to me is his attentiveness to not only what I say, but what I might not be saying. He also will pick up on specific words or phrases and circle back to those, to possibly do a deeper dive there. He's very perceptive, easy to talk to and understand, looks at things from many different angles, to zero in on an approach that I can relate to and learn from, and which might even change from one appointment to the next, depending on what's going on with me on any particular day. I trust Dr. Lazcano and highly recommend him.
Chris C. – Dec 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
I have been a client of Dr. Eric Lazcano for two years. I "inherited" him when my other Dr. retired. I had been with the other Dr. for many years so I had concerns. I am pleased to say I am very happy & thankful. He is young & right away told me he was from the "new school" & wanted to talk to me about an anxiety medication I had been on for decades. He very slowly weaned me off of it & he was correct, I did not need it anymore. My daughter was relieved because it had long term side effects as I aged & she had been concerned for years. He is a good listener, he has good questions to ask, he has taken time to get to know me & many of my issues are in the past, but I am still letting him know me & how I'm living in the present. He manages my medication. He's been helpful to me & I feel well cared for by him. I would recommend him highly.
Nancy Cypert – Dec 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Doctor Eric Lazcano is a highly qualified consummate professional in his chosen field of psychiatry. In the two years that I have been seeing Dr. Lazcano, I have found him to be focused, caring and attentive. His broad early experience, somewhat rare in a young professional, allows him to approach his patient’s diagnoses and treatment from a variety of directions. I heartily recommend Dr. Lazcano to anyone in need of his services.
Nov 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Lazcano for two years, and I recommend him highly. He is always prepared, pleasant, and open to new ideas. His care includes a holistic approach to mental health, and I appreciate his openness to both traditional and more current methods. Dr. Lazacano's integrity is evident in every session.
nuala mary tierney – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
I was with the same doctor for close to 20 years when he retired. Dr. Lazcano took over my treatment. He has a innovative approach to treatment he not only looks at the mind but also the entire physical health of his patient. He looks for other physical reasons for my condition and treats accordingly. Consequently my medication has changed, vitamins and other supplements have been added for better results. He also truly cares about his patients well being. He is very accessible and organized. I am happy to be his patient.
Greg Evans – Nov 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
I so appreciate Dr. Lazcano. He is knowledgeable, open-minded, accepting, and curious. He spends a full 45 minutes per session vs. some psychiatrists who spend only 15 minutes. He is always on time and very responsive to emails/texts/phone calls. You can tell that he really cares about his patients.
Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Dr. Lazcano is always professional and attentive. He definitely cares about the well being of his patients.
Alexander – Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Dr. Lazcano is an excellent psychiatrist. He is extremely detail-oriented and has worked with me on a number of complex issues. He is great about responding to texts/emails/calls in a timely manner and extremely professional. Very grateful to have his guidance.
Kathryn – Oct 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Dr. Lazcano has taken good psychiatric care of me for over a year. My previous psychiatrists each tried unsuccessfully to get me off certain medications for more than 20 years. However, Dr. Lazcano used a systematic approach to various types/ classes of drugs, most of whose side effects bothered me. However we finally found a solution. Now I am taking only a lesser dose of ONE of my original three, and a much weaker second one. He even did gene testing to better find out what medicines I would be most likely to tolerate. He uses a holistic approach, suggesting meditation and yoga, sleep hygiene and timing of dosing. He also encourages particular vitamins and exercise. He is also interested in my whole health, including medical test results I have gotten, and what my other doctors told me. We can communicate by email, texting, phone. I currently have my appointments virtually because of the pandemic. Dr. Lazcano is an excellent doctor. I am so glad I found him!
Pleased patient – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Lazcano's for nearly two years now. In that time, he has proven to be an excellent communicator on all levels. Dr. Lazcano truly takes the time to listen and answers all questions thoroughly. I appreciate his professionalism and effort to make me feel at ease. Each session is productive and I always feel as though I have learned something new!
Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Dr. Lazcano always puts a smile on my face! I can be down in the dumps and depressed but just speaking, or texting or having an office visit with Dr. Lazcano I'm always feeling better with a smile on my face! I can feel Dr. Lazcano's positive energy and it makes me feel positive even though I'm going through some tough times in my life! Most importantly Dr. Lazcano helped me to get sober and I now have 17 months of sobriety and I truly Thank Dr. Lazcano helping me stay sober!!!
MICHELLE A ALLENEGUI – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
When I first saw Dr. Lazcano two years ago I was somewhat scared and apprehensive, but his unassuming demeanor and friendly smile helped put me at ease. It didn’t take long before I understood that Dr. Lazcano is truly dedicated to his profession and his patients. He is intelligent, soulful. His compassion and wisdom are beyond his years. Even though the work we do is difficult sometimes, I always look forward to what will come from each session. I am grateful to be a patient of Dr. Lazcano.
Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Eric Lazcano is my doctor. I highly recommend him. His medical knowledge, focus, mindfulness attributes, calm demeanor, and attentiveness is superb. He works to accommodate my somewhat difficult situations when they occur. I am indeed blessed to be in his care.
L Trimm – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eric A Lazcano - Posted on April 26th, 2020 He is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his work. He is well prepared to assume my care, returns messages promptly, and explains his treatment changes clearly. It was clear that he had reviewed my history and medication regime. The first sessions were scheduled monthly to get to know me and assure that the medication, dosage, and treatment were correct. At one of the last sessions he asked if there was anything else that I needed to address. This is the BIG moment. I explained that my weight and eating habits have been an issue all of my 72 years which caused me self-loathing, which has lead me to try every diet known to man-kind, and constant yo-yo weight loss on various plans. I have lost 35 pounds. I appreciate that he uses the mind-body approach. He is dedicated to my well-being and wants me to live my best possible life. I trust him and look forward to moving ahead under his care.
Donna Gallagher – Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Lazcano, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lazcano?