Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility •  Male • Age 55

Dr. Knochenhauer

Island Reproductive Services

3000 Hadley Rd Ste 2C South Plainfield, NJ 07080

Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in South Plainfield, NJ and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Albany Medical College in 1990 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

Dr. Knochenhauer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Knochenhauer

3.8

61.904761904761905%

Dr. Knochenhauer?
Dr. Knochenhauer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD
I cannot express this enough-this doctor will rob you for everything you have, And that means financially and emotionally. I got pregnant naturally 1 month before my consultation with him. I have a lot of scar tissue, 4 past surgeries & issues with fibroids. I lost the pregnancy at 6 weeks & decided to see a specialist. First, it was my “hormones were off” then it was “you’re not ovulating each month”... then it was, “your Fallopian tubes shifted from past surgeries (mind you I got pregnant naturally before my consultation). After my consultation & tests he felt IVF was my only option! I did not feel comfortable with that idea & felt it was necessary to rule out everything before jumping to IVF. It’s been 9 months straight now with tons of bloodwork, so many tests including SHG and HSG, ultrasounds every week, 4 different medications & injections & yet I can’t get pregnant. I told him Clomid made me severely depressed & suicidal & he didn’t take it seriously. Will be going elsewhere!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD?
I second the review which notes “ Do Not Use this Doctor” I can not STRESS this enough. There are other doctors on Staten Island, Brooklyn and NJ that are extremely helpful - your time and money will not be wasted. I was told I had low progesterone and turns out I have an egg issue. I was also implanted with a 0% chance embryo and 15% chance embryo (two separate instances) which should have never happened. He clearly misguided my diagnoses, wasted my time and money; he is a liar and a thief.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD?
I warn everyone NOT to use this doctor. He isn't not thorough. His office is unorganized. After my 3rd failed IUI, this doctor was quick to push IVF. My husband and I had 2nd thoughts about this doctors (just gut feeling). A 2nd opinion, recommended having a laparoscopy. We learned that i not only had endometriosis but other complications that would have prevented me from getting pregnant. Dr Knockenhauer wasted our time and money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD?
Dr. Knochenhauer is a smart guy with terrible bedside manner and miserable staff. His biggest problem is that he's always late. He was not only over an hour late for each of my embryo transfers ( imagine waiting for so long with a full bladder!) but was also more than an hour late for my egg retrieval and that was inexcusable as it ruined my cycle. His staff's resonse to my complaint about him being late for such important procedures was: "He's known to be late." WHAT?? Horrible experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD?
My Gyn doctor recommended me to see Dr Knochenhauer because I needed a hysterectomy. I went on his website to see the reviews and was a little skeptical because of some negative reviews. I went to the office right before the surgery and a few times after the surgery. I must say I'm very happy with each and everyone of my visits. Dr Knochenhauer and the entire staff were very respectful and helpful. If anyone is in need of a reproductive Dr I totally recommend Dr Knochenhauer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD?
Dr. Knochenhauer is an amazing doctor. During my journey he was kind, compassionate and very patient. He explained all of my options and listened when I expressed concerns. He was determined to help me and would not give up on me. I'm not sure I would've made it through the process without Dr. K. I have recommended him to my friends and will definitely return to him when I'm ready to have another child. I can't say thank you enough Dr. K!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Knochenhauer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Knochenhauer?

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Albany Memorial Hospital
1990
Albany Medical College

Dr. Knochenhauer accepts

Dr. Knochenhauer accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

• Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages