Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO

Family Medicine ·  Male

Dr. Hewitt

American Health Network

8607 E US Highway 36 Avon, IN 46123

Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO is a family medicine specialist in Avon, IN and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Kansas City University Of Medicine and Biosciences in 2006 and specializes in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative therapy.

At a glance

• Trustworthy . Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Friendly staff . Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Hewitt accepts

Dr. Hewitt accepts the following insurance:

Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check if Dr. Hewitt treats your condition or procedure

• Ataxia
  • Biopsy
  • Breast Exam
  • Chronic Pain
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Joint Injection
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Menopause
  • Mole Removal
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Pap Smear
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Pelvic Exams
  • Physical Examination
  • Pneumonia
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

4.2

Dr. Hewitt?
Dr. Hewitt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO
I have visited multiple doctors for annual check-ups, sick visits, and quality-of-life appointments. Most doctors are respectful of the concerns presented and receptive to helping patients live their best lives. Unfortunately, Dr. Eric Hewitt of American Health Network is not one of these doctors. He was quick to dismiss me in advance of his “scheduled lunch time slot”, spent the majority of the visit lecturing on a noncritical topic I did not come to speak about, and was hesitant to schedule any tests regarding my intended purpose of the appointment with the excuse that insurance costs would be too high though I specified that I would pay for whatever was needed out of pocket even if my insurance would not cover the expense. He was demeaning, disrespectful, and made the entire visit uncomfortable and unpleasant. In addition, he did not address the concerns and purpose for the visit. You only get one chance at life, spend your time with a doctor who recognizes how important you are.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?
Dr. Hewitt administered the best medical service and advise for my husband RIP, prolonging his life several years and without any suffering. Dr. Hewitt was also concerned about my health and treated my health issues accordingly. He is also very kind, polite, and knowledgeable in his Medical Profession.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?
Dr. Hewitt has always administered my healthcare with a palpable personal concern for my welfare and overall fitness. After trying various providers, there is a distinct qualitative feeling after being treated by Dr. Hewitt.."true concern" would be the best description. Confirmation of this was demonstrated as he would follow-up on my progress and adjust as necessary. In today's healthcare, where numbers often matter more than relationship with patients, his empathy was appreciated immensely. A+
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?
Dr. Hewitt was very knowledgeable and kind. He took the time to explain, in words I could understand, what was going on with me. He made me feel like I was talking to a friend. Thank you Dr. Hewitt for being so patient with me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hewitt, to family and friends. He took the time to explain different options related to my health issues. I felt that he had a genuine concern for my well being. The staff was friendly and organized. The experience was positive all the way around. Will be going back to see him with any and all health concerns in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?
I'm so very thankful that Dr. Hewitt was my doctor! It was a major loss for me when he moved his practice to Indiana - he is sorely missed. In my many visits with Dr. Hewitt, I can honestly say that he is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. Very precise, informative/explanatory and down to earth. I wish he was closer to me. Without question, he comes with my strongest recommendation for care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?
This was my first visit to American health network and it was a great place to go. The wait was brief and the staff was kind. Dr. Hewitt was very professional and listened to concerns. What a great experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?
Dr. Hewitt is one of the best doctors I have been to. I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for him to come into the room which is not the norm for most doctors I have been to. He is very kind and considerate and takes time to answer my questions. He is very good with my entire family including my kids. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?
This was hands down the worst patient/doctor interaction I have ever experienced. The wait time of 45 minutes was the start of the downward spiral but all things considered I think we have come to expect that. Dr. Hewitt offered really no answers to any symptoms and only offered seemingly unrelated ways to treat things that were of no concern. I have never felt more disconnected from a doctors appointment. I would have been better served to ask a stranger walking down the street.
Please see other evaluations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Hewitt, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Hewitt?

To provide the best possible comprehensive care with compassion and respect.

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

• Family Practice
  • Family Practice/OMT

2009
Naval Hospital Pensacola
2006
Kansas City University Of Medicine and Biosciences
Indiana State University (Graduated With Honors With Biology Degree)
2009