Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Eric Hanson, MD
Dr. Eric Hanson, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fresno, CA. He is 60 years old. Dr. Hanson is affiliated with Fresno Surgical Hospital and Saint Agnes Medical Center.

1630 E Herndon Ave

Fresno, CA 93720

Dr. Eric Hanson, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hanson

See how frequently Dr. Hanson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
Knee Replacement
Knee Arthroscopy

Dr. Hanson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Sports Medicine

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Injury

• Hip Replacement
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Replacement
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California, Davis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Kern Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Loma Linda University School Of Medicine

Dr. Hanson has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Hanson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hanson to family and friends
Dr. Hanson's Performance
Visalia |
The experience has been everything they said and recovery is going well.
in Visalia |
I have been seeing Dr. Hanson since 2002, and am very happy with his treatment. Having had a bad experience with a previous ortho surgeon, I was nervous to say the least. Dr. Hanson is extremely competent, has a great bedside manner and a good sense of humor. I recently had a total knee replacement and am walking without assistance less than two weeks post op. Not too shabby, thanks Doc!
in Hanford, CA |
This is my second knee replacement with Dr. Hanson. He is very thorough, confident and friendly, his expertise and knowledge helps the preparation and post -op part of the surgery go smoothly. I would and will highly recommend him.
in Lemoore,CA |
This is one of those life changeing experiences. To be 2 degrees from a wheelchair or scooter for the rest of my life and now 180 degrees......MOBILITY, LIFE. There are moments when I am overcome with emotion on “what was vs now what is “. Dr Eric Hanson and his team are pure magicians! The physical and emotional magic on me is impossible to express. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best I rate Dr Eric Hanson a 15.
in Clovis, CA |
Dr Hanson and his cohorts are an outstanding knee replacement team. I should know, since I have had BOTH knees replaced by Dr Hanson during this past year. The team is efficient, knowledgeable, and professional, while also being kind and accommodating during the entire knee replacement process. All of the pre-surgical appointments and testing are arranged in a timely manner. Then, on the day of surgery, Dr Hanson is ready to complete the procedure with expert precision. A true professional!
in Fresno, CA |
Dr. Hanson is the best Ortho Dr. at what he chooses to specialize in. His surgical work is excellent. If, Dr. Hanson thinks a different Dr. will be better for you, he will tell you. He doesn’t let his ego interfere with your best interest. His office PA Greg is the best at the work up for your surgery. He is honest and good at what he does. When the time of your surgery arrives he makes sure you are ready for Dr. Hanson’s Surgical skill to give you the best chance at a good outcome.
in Friant, Ca |
Dr. Hanson and his staff did an excellent job with my knee replacement surgery. Dr. Hanson's office and Fresno Surgical Hospital are very organized and well run. Dr. Hanson managed my pain very well as well. I especially like the daily email "check ins" through Healthloop link. I was able to send a photo of a bruise on my leg for evaluation. It was comforting to know the bruise was normal. I will definately recommend Dr. Hanson to my friends and family.
in Auberry, CA |
I am very pleased with Dr Hanson and his staff for my knee surgery. I waited 6 months for the surgery and now was told it would take 8 months for this type of surgery. I did have swelling so I’m glad that had time to go away before the surgery.
in Fresno, CA |
Dr. Hanson and his team are excellent health care providers. Greg Mellor (his PA) is also an excellent source of information and know-how when it comes to these medical procedures.
in Fresno, CA |
Dr Hanson's staff was right on with all my concerns and problems. I'm looking forward to a full recovery. I know I have a ways to go but I'm up to all the work.
in Fresno, CA |
Excellent doctor and his team is fantastic. Very professional
in Visalia, CA |
My appointments were mostly with Greg Mellor, P.A. Greg was very knowledgeable and explained all my problems clearly. He answered all my questions. I have no qualms about recommending Dr. Hanson to family and friends.
in Atwater, CA |
Dr. Hanson and his staff always try to help you with any question or problem you have. He has one of the most efficient and courteous offices I've ever been in.
in Fresno, CA |
Although I had a great experience with the whole process, I am terribly disappointed with the outcome. I had initially asked to have an autograft from my own knee to repair my acl. However, the PA and the Dr. Hanson suggested and pushed for an allograft from a cadaver. Two years later, and my graft has torn again. I was just running and I jumped, as I landed, I felt a sharp pain. Had Dr. Hanson done what I had asked for, I am certain I would have been fine.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Hanson, MD?
Are you Dr. Hanson?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Saint Agnes Medical Center

Visit Dr. Hanson

Dr. Hanson accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Hanson has admitting privileges