Dr. Eric M. Haas, MD

Dr. Eric M. Haas, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male | 47 years old

Dr. Eric M. Haas is recognized as an expert in the specialty of minimally invasive laparoscopic colon and rectal surgery. He has performed over 1,000 cases, making him one of the highest volume surgeons in the world. Dr. Haas is actively involved in the promotion of modern and innovative techniques to enhance patient safety and recovery through research and clinical trials. He serves as a preceptor to train and educate surgeons, fellows and residents to help them gain competency with these techniques and skills. During minimally invasive surgery, a high magnification camera and specialized surgical instruments allow the surgery to be completed through small incisions. All the major maneuvers previously done through open surgery with a large scar across the belly are performed through tiny dime-sized incisions. Surgical trauma is greatly reduced and the scar is minimized with this advanced technique, so patients have significantly less pain and a quicker return to normal activity.Read more

Colorectal Surgical Associates, Houston, TX
6560 Fannin St Ste 1404
Houston, TX 77030 Get Directions

Dr. Haas' Experience

See how Dr. Haas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Haas

Dr. Haas accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Haas has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Haas
Dr. Haas' Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (72)
Walker, LA |
Dr Hass is the very best in his field. He has exceeded all expectations by a bunch.
in Houston |
I went from doctor to doctor to try to figure out my problem and no one could help me. It has been 5 years and 3 surgeries before I found Dr Haas. He listened to my problems, examined me right there the same day and was able to find the problem and cure me! I am doing so much better and so thankful to find him.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas has removed my fears of surgery. That is major... he took the time and thoroughly answered all 20 questions :-) that I asked him. By the end of our consultation, I knew I was in great hands!
Houston, TX |
I just wanted to send a message on myself and the work Dr. Haas did to remove the cancer in my body. He did the reversal Dec 28 2010 so its been 6 years now. At the time I had 1 child married with the 1 grandson. Since then our other 2 children have married and all 3 have given us grandkids with the total of 5. I retired 3 1/2 years later at 58. Doing great, thanks for all your effort, if you remember I was quite a challenge but just so you know it payed off and life is great.
Lafayette, LA |
Inconsiderate. Insensitive to patients needs. Does NOT let the patient speak and if you get 3-minutes to speak then he will cut you off. Too hasty in evaluations. Makes patients wait on HIM and will cancel your appointment without NOTICE. Wants all patient records BUT does NOT read them. Arrogant. He is perhaps known as the 'best' in the world for his specialty, but is that enough?
in Houston, TX |
I was seen by Dr Haas as a new patient today. While it took a few weeks to get a new patient appointment, it was certainly worth the wait. As one of Houston's top doctors (and THE best colorectal surgeon), I thought the speed of scheduling the appointment was fair. I found Dr Haas' staff to be very professional, kind and compassionate. And Dr Haas was absolutely wonderful. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and provided options so I could make an informed decision about surgery.
Houston, TX |
Avoid this doctor If you value your time and don't want to be insulted. He apparently does not see or actually operate on his own patients?!? How is this legal? Office is a mess. Beyond hard to get an appointment after my operation. Then the staff lies and tries to get you to see other doctors he employs that don't work for the hospital after making you wait for hours? I feel cheated and will be going elsewhere now. Recommend to all that you go elsewhere and see a doctor that actually cares
in Groves, TX |
It has been approximately 4 years since we have seen Dr. Haas. We can't say enough good things about Dr. Haas and his staff. He is a true professional with a heart. My husband was severely damaged and Dr. Haas has given him a new lease on life. I recommend you every chance I get. Thank you. Tonie and Jim Thompson.
in Houston, TX |
Scheduling of the appointments was the only thing that went the right way. I was called the day of my appointment and asked to arrive 3 hours after my scheduled time. I agreed and had to wait over and hour to see a colleague of Dr. Haas. I am unsure of the assisting Dr.'s name, but he was sharp, rude and unsympathetic. I had to call the scheduler to make surgery appointment, had to request pre-op instructions, call for post-op appointment, and have never received a call back regarding issue
Houston, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Haas' for almost 3 years now. His team has gone above and beyond in my complicated case to give me the best care possible. He communicates with my other Drs aw well so everyone is on the same page- which is greatly appreciated! His office staff is beyond amazing and anytime there is an emegency surgery or scheduling issue that has come up they do an amazing job getting you quickly informed and rescheduled! He's incredibly talented at what he does and he is worth it!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas was a very easy to talk with and very knowledgeable and pleasant during my visits and throughout my surgery and recovery. I was referred to Dr. Haas by my doctor in Lake Jackson and the drive was well worth it. I had surgery in March and felt great right away. I was surprised with how quickly I recovered and how little pain I had as I only took over the counter pain medication. I would highly recommend Dr. Haas and his wonderful staff who took their time to make me feel comfortable.
in Lake Charles, LA |
I came to Dr. Haas in the summer of 2015 with severe complications from Ulcerative Colitis. Today, I can proudly say that I am back to myself after 6 years of this dealing with this disease. I have 2 small scars, after 3 surgeries, over 10 months. I now have no colon, but truly feel like a normal human being again. The entire staff was very professional and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Dr. Haas and the entire staff to anyone dealing with Ulcerative Colitis.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas did an excellent job on my surgery and I received wonderful care from him and his staff. I have had no problems since my surgery.
in Puebla, Puebla . Mexico |
it was very good and relaxed since the day after surgery , I took my pain medication, followed his post surgery instructions, and went to the shopping center to walk around. I never though this procedure would be so painless. I am very happy after a month with the results , and thanks Dr Haas for the great job you did . My advise to everybody is to make up your mind and get it done since nowadays with the new techniques, the recovery process is not as painful as people think it is . Thank you
Have you seen Dr. Eric M. Haas, MD?
Are you Dr. Haas?

Compare Dr. Haas

More Colon & Rectal Surgery Specialists like Dr. Haas at Colorectal Surgical Associates, Houston, TX

Dr. Haas' Care Philosophy

Dr. Haas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

Graduated in 1997

St Joseph Hospital
    Tx Affil Hosps
    University of Texas / Austin Campus

Dr. Haas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Haas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery