Dr. Eric Haas, MD

Dr. Eric Haas, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male

HOUSTON METHODIST HOSPITAL 6560 Fannin St Ste 1404 Houston, TX 77030 Get Directions

Dr. Eric Haas is the Chief of the Division of Colon & Rectal Surgery at Houston Methodist Hospital. He is a board-certified colorectal surgeon and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS).  Dr. Haas also serves as the head of the Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery Fellowship Program at the University of Texas Medical School. Dr. Haas has developed a world-renowned reputation for his expertise in advanced laparoscopic, robotic and minimally invasive approaches in colon and rectal cancer, diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease and more. He is known for his innovative and modern advancements in his field and continues to strive for the advancement of patient care and best practices. On a national level, Dr. Haas currently serves as the ASCRS Chair of the New Technologies Committee for the advancement of surgical platforms among his peers.

The US News & World Report has recognized Dr. Haas as the top 1% of doctors in America. Dr. Haas resides in Houston with his wife and four children.

Dr. Haas' Experience

See how Dr. Haas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Haas

Dr. Haas accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Haas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Haas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Haas to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Haas' Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas is amazing and is excellent in the field of laparoscopic surgery. His team and staff are the most wonderful, kind and caring staff. Dr. Haas took the time to thoroughly explain the procedure and gave me so much reassurance. My recovery, thus far, has been remarkable and I could not be more pleased with the outcome.
Houston, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Haas to anyone needing a colorectal surgeon. I was referred to Dr. Haas after bring diagnosed with rectal cancer. At my first appointment with him, I knew I was in great hands. Dr. Haas and his fellows are remarkable surgeons. Surgery is never easy, but Dr. Haas was incredible and my recovery from the two required surgeries has been relatively easy. Not only did he remove my cancer, his skillful surgery has given me a great quality of life post surgery.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas is very professional and friendly. He is extremely expensive and unhelpful. A total waste of time and money. NEVER AGAIN
in Houston, TX |
Terrible. I looked at the reviews, but this guy was not the highest. I took a chance, and the same as other reviewers.. VERY RUDE & UNCARING STAFF & DOCTOR. He has a temper & too much going on in his life it seems. Go somewhere else, where you can trust the doctor and the staff.
in Houston, TX |
I could not be more grateful for the care Dr. Haas offered me during what was a very unexpected traumatic time. He was very patient and walked me through what were serious and life-changing options and his follow-up care has been exceptional. Would I recommend Dr. Haas to others in need of his skills? You bet!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas performed a surgery that was redone less than a month later. In a follow-up office visit, after keeping me waiting for 2.5 hours, he acted in a rude and dismissive way. At that visit he totally missed abscess that was quite evident At the end of the appointment, after I told him I was feeling frustrated he referred me to the Crohn's specialist in his office which is what should have been done before the surgery.
in Houston, TX |
The wait time is shameful. After waiting 2 hours to see him he moved me to another office and left and never returned after another 50 minutes. I was told he was called to the hospital. I was not refunded my co pay, not rescheduled, and now when I call the staff is rude and hostile. I rescheduled again and got a call the morning of stating he was not available again. How do you expect someone to trust you cutting them open if you can't speak with them and look them in the eye ?
in Bellaire, TX |
Arrogant and no clue or care. Waited 2 hours to see a doctor- not him- then another hour in an empty office waiting for Dr. Haas, being practically threatened by the blonde linebacker of an office manager that I could not leave without seeing him. When he finally came in he knew nothing about me or why I had been there all day. My time matters, too. Will be seeing another doctor to do my surgery
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Haas was recommended to me by a close friend of my wife's husband who had surgery done with Dr. Haas. I was looking for an excellent physician in his discipline because of a tragic operation that I had with another surgeon several years prior in which I almost passed away. After seeing Dr. Haas several times in preparation for my operation, I was impressed with his professionalism as well as his personality and real concern for me as an individual. Thanks Dr. Haas!
in Katy, TX |
With my wife being in the medical field, she reached out to trusted industry peers for a recommendation for my surgery. Dr. Haas was on the top of the list of the recommendations for his expertise and post operative results. I could not have been more pleased with his demeanor and his skills. I was out of the Hospital in 3 days and recovered much quicker than I would have imagined. He will be the first surgeon I would recommend to anyone who asks.
Houston, TX |
All I remember is when I woke from surgery I asked my husband if I had a colostomy bag. Thank god. No bag! I prayed for Dr. Haas and his team and I am so grateful that I was placed in his path.
Walker, LA |
Dr Hass is the very best in his field. He has exceeded all expectations by a bunch.
in Houston |
I went from doctor to doctor to try to figure out my problem and no one could help me. It has been 5 years and 3 surgeries before I found Dr Haas. He listened to my problems, examined me right there the same day and was able to find the problem and cure me! I am doing so much better and so thankful to find him.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas has removed my fears of surgery. That is major... he took the time and thoroughly answered all 20 questions :-) that I asked him. By the end of our consultation, I knew I was in great hands!
Houston, TX |
I just wanted to send a message on myself and the work Dr. Haas did to remove the cancer in my body. He did the reversal Dec 28 2010 so its been 6 years now. At the time I had 1 child married with the 1 grandson. Since then our other 2 children have married and all 3 have given us grandkids with the total of 5. I retired 3 1/2 years later at 58. Doing great, thanks for all your effort, if you remember I was quite a challenge but just so you know it payed off and life is great.
Lafayette, LA |
Inconsiderate. Insensitive to patients needs. Does NOT let the patient speak and if you get 3-minutes to speak then he will cut you off. Too hasty in evaluations. Makes patients wait on HIM and will cancel your appointment without NOTICE. Wants all patient records BUT does NOT read them. Arrogant. He is perhaps known as the 'best' in the world for his specialty, but is that enough?
in Houston, TX |
I was seen by Dr Haas as a new patient today. While it took a few weeks to get a new patient appointment, it was certainly worth the wait. As one of Houston's top doctors (and THE best colorectal surgeon), I thought the speed of scheduling the appointment was fair. I found Dr Haas' staff to be very professional, kind and compassionate. And Dr Haas was absolutely wonderful. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and provided options so I could make an informed decision about surgery.
Houston, TX |
Avoid this doctor If you value your time and don't want to be insulted. He apparently does not see or actually operate on his own patients?!? How is this legal? Office is a mess. Beyond hard to get an appointment after my operation. Then the staff lies and tries to get you to see other doctors he employs that don't work for the hospital after making you wait for hours? I feel cheated and will be going elsewhere now. Recommend to all that you go elsewhere and see a doctor that actually cares
in Groves, TX |
It has been approximately 4 years since we have seen Dr. Haas. We can't say enough good things about Dr. Haas and his staff. He is a true professional with a heart. My husband was severely damaged and Dr. Haas has given him a new lease on life. I recommend you every chance I get. Thank you. Tonie and Jim Thompson.
in Houston, TX |
Scheduling of the appointments was the only thing that went the right way. I was called the day of my appointment and asked to arrive 3 hours after my scheduled time. I agreed and had to wait over and hour to see a colleague of Dr. Haas. I am unsure of the assisting Dr.'s name, but he was sharp, rude and unsympathetic. I had to call the scheduler to make surgery appointment, had to request pre-op instructions, call for post-op appointment, and have never received a call back regarding issue
Houston, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Haas' for almost 3 years now. His team has gone above and beyond in my complicated case to give me the best care possible. He communicates with my other Drs aw well so everyone is on the same page- which is greatly appreciated! His office staff is beyond amazing and anytime there is an emegency surgery or scheduling issue that has come up they do an amazing job getting you quickly informed and rescheduled! He's incredibly talented at what he does and he is worth it!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas was a very easy to talk with and very knowledgeable and pleasant during my visits and throughout my surgery and recovery. I was referred to Dr. Haas by my doctor in Lake Jackson and the drive was well worth it. I had surgery in March and felt great right away. I was surprised with how quickly I recovered and how little pain I had as I only took over the counter pain medication. I would highly recommend Dr. Haas and his wonderful staff who took their time to make me feel comfortable.
in Lake Charles, LA |
I came to Dr. Haas in the summer of 2015 with severe complications from Ulcerative Colitis. Today, I can proudly say that I am back to myself after 6 years of this dealing with this disease. I have 2 small scars, after 3 surgeries, over 10 months. I now have no colon, but truly feel like a normal human being again. The entire staff was very professional and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Dr. Haas and the entire staff to anyone dealing with Ulcerative Colitis.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Haas did an excellent job on my surgery and I received wonderful care from him and his staff. I have had no problems since my surgery.
in Puebla, Puebla . Mexico |
it was very good and relaxed since the day after surgery , I took my pain medication, followed his post surgery instructions, and went to the shopping center to walk around. I never though this procedure would be so painless. I am very happy after a month with the results , and thanks Dr Haas for the great job you did . My advise to everybody is to make up your mind and get it done since nowadays with the new techniques, the recovery process is not as painful as people think it is . Thank you
Have you seen Dr. Eric Haas, MD?
Are you Dr. Haas?

Compare Dr. Haas

Dr. Haas says...

Dr. Haas resides in Houston with his wife and four children.

Dr. Haas' Care Philosophy

Dr. Haas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

Graduated in 1997

St Joseph Hospital
    Tx Affil Hosps
    University of Texas / Austin Campus

Dr. Haas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Haas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery