Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Eric George, MD
Dr. Eric George, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Metairie, LA. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. George is affiliated with East Jefferson General Hospital and Omega Hospital.

4228 Houma Blvd Ste 600B

Metairie, LA 70006

Learn about Dr. George

Dr. George's Experience

Dr. George's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Plastic Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Plastic Surgery*

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Wound Repair
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine At Marshall University
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Butterworth Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Phoenix Integrated Mayo Clinic
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Grand Rapids Area Med Edn Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. George has no media or publications listed.

Dr. George does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. George and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. George's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. George to family and friends
4.2
Dr. George's Performance
Amite, LA |
Not very happy after I got to the doctors office today to find out that my appointment was cancelled. I drove from Ponchatoula for a follow-up visit about my wrist. The office staff was not very concerned that they cancelled my appointment without even calling me. When I went for my first appointment, after they brought me to the examination room I waited for over 45 minutes before I actually saw the doctor. I would not recommend using this doctor. Way too many patients.
La Place, LA |
Dr. George is a fantastic doctor. I had a complicated surgery and it went well. However, I cannot recommend him because of his office staff and billing practices. Most of his office staff members border on being rude and give out incorrect information. When I tried to get a bill explained I was told that their accounting system was difficult to explain. Red flag!!!!! Since they require payment up front, I overpaid by 185.00. That was in March. I am still waiting on my refund.
in Kenner, LA |
I had both hands operated on by George. Every thing went well. Rehab was great and return check up were informative and helpful. I have sent others to him and never heard anything bad. Great surgeon and doctor .
Houston, TX |
I had hand surgery by dr George a few years ago and unfortunately it went poorly . a year later I went to show him the poor result, and he proposed to redo the operation .Of course I said no. He clearly whanted to ignore the previous failure. I went to see a doctor in California to fix the damage and he did a very good job. And he made several comments about the poor state of my hand caused by the previous surgery. PS: never choose your doctor from a movie commercial !
in Metairie, LA |
I've had three surgical procedures performed by Dr. George. All were successful and eliminated the problems.
Metairie, LA |
Never, EVER, have I had a physician so self absorbed in himself. He is all about the financial gain--recommending how own hospitals and will flip on you once finances and insurance do not go in his favor. I was merely a patient until hearing that BC BS had to reissue a check and then deny admission to his own hospital -- then I became a dollar sign. Refused to return phone calls to discuss an appeal. Just heartbreaking wondering when I became so insignificant.
in Metairie, LA |
The staff at Hand Center of Louisiana is encouraging and upbeat.
in Louisiana |
Really kind, professional and all around pleasant staff.
in Destrehan, LA |
I had trigger thumb surgery with Dr. George. Every appointment is a 2 hour wait to see him. My minor surgery was scheduled for 9:30 and wasn't done till 12:00 pm. My thumb was more messed up then before surgery. I had to see another doctor (not from EJ) who recommended intense physical therapy to get my thumb mobile. A 6 week recovery time turned into 3 months and counting. Thanks to my neurologist who told me to get a second opinion because something was wrong with the way my thumb looked.
in Louisiana |
I've been a patient of Dr. George's for years and I trust him completely. He had to operate to relieve a locked thumb and as always the surgery went off without a hitch.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. George was great. He was able to diagnose my hand before even seeing the MRI or CT Scan. The wait can be a little long but he's definitely one of the nicest and personable doctors I've ever dealt with. If you want fast service, there's a million other hand surgeons you can go to.. but if you want it done right, go see Dr. George!
Mandeville, LA |
He is the worst doctor I have ever visited. After a 2 hour wait time, he barely spends 5 minutes time to talk to you and hear you. No matter if I still have questions, he's already walking out the door even without saying good bye! He misdiagnosed me for Tendinitis and had a surgery on my hand. He has stated that I have reached the maximum medical treatment and after 3 months I am still dealing with the same issues as I had before. He knows nothing about work ethics!
in Metairie, LA |
The staff at The Hand Center is courteous and perfect. They make coming back pleasant.
Have you seen Dr. Eric George, MD?
Are you Dr. George?