Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Eric Freeman, DO
Practice specializing in Spine disorders, herniated discs, neck and low back pain. Board Certified Fellowship trained Interventional Pain Management specialist. A comprehensive non operative approach for the treatment of spine and arthritic disorders. Orthopedic rehabilitation, chronic pain management. All spinal procedures are performed under x-ray guidance. PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS American Medical Association International Spinal Interventional Society American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians New Jersey Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, Board Member New Jersey Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Society of Practice Pain Management American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation World Institute of Pain North American Spine Society AWARDS & ACCOLADES America's Top Physicians OFFICE HOURS Both locations: Monday – Friday, 8-5pm

10 Parsonage Rd Ste 208

• EBS-RMSCO
  • EmblemHealth
  • First Choice Health
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Freeman

Dr. Freeman's Experience

Dr. Freeman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Heel Spur
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Torticollis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Trigger Finger
  • Upper Back Pain

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• University Of Delaware-B.S.,
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine In New York-D.O.,
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation-Umdmj
  • Interventional Pain Management Of Spine Disorders-Florida Spine Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Freeman has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Freeman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Freeman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Freeman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Freeman to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Freeman's Performance
Jersey City, NJ |
Would leave negative stars if possible
Jersey City, NJ |
Dr Freeman's office is disorfanized and the care I received was horrendous - there are several pain doctors in the area and I would AVOID at all cost
Edison, NJ |
At first came off as a know it all but was nice. Explained issue, discussed procedures. Went in for a procedure in my back, & one of the prep guys just pulled my pants slightly down w/o telling me he was going to do it. After the procedure, doctor himself didn't come & speak w/me. When I finally got a 2 wk post apt the doctor didn't explain anything much just said i needed to find a surgeon. Still waiting for callback of a surgeon. Wasn't very helpful with recommendations either.
in Edison, NJ |
I've been a patient of Dr.Freeman over the last few years and this man has done miracles in my life I moved from jersey city to Edison and had to leave my old PM Doctor behind. With the referral of my pharmacist he told me to go see Freeman. I'm so ever glad I did. His staff is also wonderful and nice including Dr. Jay, Dr. Hamer and Bethany are my absolute favorite staff and assistants. Front desk staff are courteous and nice. Office is super clean and organized. I was born with dislocated hips
in Middlesex, NJ |
I have been seeing D.r Freeman now for a little of 2 years or more, I call him the Miracle Man. He doe's wonders in getting rid of the pain in my lower back. He is very trusting, caring and a great host of knowledge in hi field. He will tell you what is best for your conditions associated with your pain. The Office and Nursing staff are very friendly and courteous, wait time is not an issue.
in Edison, NJ |
I have a patient of Dr. Freeman over the years. He explains in easy to understand concepts. His medical staff are very good & caring. Office staff are nice. I would recommend Dr. Freeman. He has been honest & truthful to me. When he could no longer help me, he explained why & what would be his recommendation as the next step in my treatment .
Toms River, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Freeman for years. I have back pain and he is the only one who helped me the most. I have never had a problem with any one in the office. they are great people who like to help.
in Westfield NJ |
First time with dr freeman never saw him some women helped me then the procedure nurse was out to lunch and I had to chase her for an appt meanwhile when your in pain they can't book you until another 2/3 weeks awful.
I saw a new doctor thst joined the practice on 9/30. Was told they would call me the following Monday to schedule an epidural. 3 weeks later I was still waiting for that call. I called them and they gave an appt for November in a location much further away. I told them I needed Edison location. I've left several messages. I did not receive one return phone call.
in Highland Park, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Freeman for many years. he has helped me tremendously with my pain I have on a ongoing basis. yes, sometimes you will wait a little bit longer than you are used to but I am pleased every time I have been there. I recommend him and sure you will not be disappointed.
in Edison, Nj |
Was seeing Dr. Freeman for several years and wasn't only until recently I went to get a second opinion did I come to realize how poorly managed my care was - avoid at all cost
in New Brunswick, NJ |
Been going to Dr. Freeman since 2008 and always been treated good. He cares about his patients, he always explain everything what is going on. I have chronic pain and he has done all he can to help me. His staff also likes to help. His receptionist, I think it was Glensy is the best, she always try to help. To bad they changed her from the Edison office. No issues yet.
Worst Doctor and staff ever
Long wait time- rude Doctor
in Franklin Park |
Dr freeman took me in when I had no where else to go. My previous MD had completely mod managed me and only cared about money. Dr Freeman had me set up with an epidural within 1 months and went over EVERY medication with me, everyone on his staff is beyond friendly. I look forward to a long patient-doctor relationship with him and his stadd
in Cranford, NJ |
Avoid a potential liability. Do not turn to Eric Freeman. I was inappropriately medicated, and, sent away more than once under false pretenses and without transitioning me off of an opiod. My GP kept me from going through withdrawal. Scheduling errors were routine. When lab conditions suddenly became sloppy, Dr. Freeman accused me of taking medication outside the regimen. Seperate screenings proved this false. Cancellation of my contract was seriously delayed.
in Colonia, NJ |
I was in a lot of pain and Dr Freeman was the only doctor to actually help me rather than to simply run tests and hand over a prescription for percocet. I was pain-free for 8 years and didn't even give it a second thought. I had an issue with a second disc and I went to Dr Freeman first. Within 2 weeks, I had an MRI, and a steroid shot and I was on the mend again...PILL FREE.
in Edison, New Jersey |
Dr. Freeman neglected to order the most basic diagnostic tests prior to months of treatment. Since he claimed to be a board certified expert in dealing with problems of the spine, I assumed he knew what he was doing. A competent medical professional advised me to get an MRI. The MRI indicated that I was close to becoming paralyzed. Shortly thereafter, I had surgery with a doctor who truly was an expert in problems of the spine. If you're looking for a pain management doctor, keep on looking!
Have you seen Dr. Eric Freeman, DO?
Are you Dr. Freeman?

• EBS-RMSCO
    Emblem Health
  • First Choice Health
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthPartners
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health