Dr. Eric Ferkel, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 43

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Eric Ferkel, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Porter Ranch, CA and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ferkel has extensive experience in Ankle & Foot Surgery and Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. He graduated from Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine|Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine in 2008. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Encino Hospital Medical Center and Northridge Hospital Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Eric Ferkel, MD

19950 Rinaldi St # 100 Porter Ranch, CA 91326
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Ferkel with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Ferkel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ferkel

Will send Dr Ferkel all my friends!!!
Dr Ferkel did a great job explaining and following up in addition to performing a quick and painless surgery.
Danny Seo – Jan 13, 2023
An Exceptional Choice
I was referred to Dr. Ferkel and from that day I knew I had made an excellent choice. His explanations about procedure options was easy to understand, he made me feel comfortable with my decisions, he’s available for questions or concerns what seems like 24/7. His staff is incredible, Wendy his coordinator, works with you every step of the way. The entire staff is extremely well equipped in my opinion. I highly recommend that if you have been told you need a surgical consultation for your knee, hand or ankle, you go directly to Dr. Ferkel.
Sabrina – Jan 06, 2023
Right ankle ligaments , tabolifular
Muy amables en general , el doctor erick Ferkel , es una persona muy sencilla humilde , que trata con mucha amabilidad , es un profesional, en todos los aspectos relacionados a la medicina , me trato muy bien , mi pie va avanzando a mejoría , incluso yo lei su wiki del doctor , muy bien estudiado.es impresionante lo preparado que está, en conocimiento.. así mismo su personal en general , como Wendys Pineda , y asistentes , que bien equipo , tienen , de igual forma el departamento de cirugía , que me preparo , muy profesional .. me hicieron sentir muy cómodo ..
Aarón A Briceno L – Jan 06, 2023
The Dr. That cares
Dr. Ferkel cares, he explained what to expect and was spot on with results. He was available to answer the question I had. I hope not to be back, but it’s good to know quality Dr’s still exist.
Roger G – Dec 08, 2022
Broken Ankle
I am a senior and had my first broken bone. A bad ankle break falling down stairs. Although I am still in the beginning of my healing, Dr. Ferkel has made this experience less traumatic. His knowledge, experience and kindness have given me great confidence that I can get back to doing what I love, chasing grandkids, gardening, travel, etc.
D. Stone – Nov 28, 2022
Highly Recommend!
Dr. Ferkel is knowledgable and great patient side manner!
Melisa – Nov 03, 2022
Great Surgeon
Dr.Ferkel performed the modified kinder procedure on my foot. He did an excellent job and was very supportive during recovery. I’m looking forward to being able to walk and run without pain now that my foot is fixed.
Marisa Ledina – Oct 30, 2022
The ABSOLUTE best!
An absolute lifesaver! A real life superhero of orthopedics! Dr Ferkel is amazing. My father had surgery with him a few months ago on his ankle and is healing perfectly but just recently my fathers knee has gotten worse to the point he was having trouble walking and Dr Ferkel got us in and did his magic to help in anyway possible with his pain. Dr Ferkel truly cares for his patients and their wellbeing. You never feel rushed when with him and he goes above and beyond always. I recommend Dr Ferkel to everybody. Thank you Dr Ferkel and staff for all that you do.
Niki Curtis – Oct 22, 2022
Achilles Repair
Dr. Ferkel was extremely helpful when it came down to understanding my options after I tore my Achilles. He has been hands on in making sure I’ve been comfortable before and after my surgery and was able to make arrangements to speed up the timeframe for my care. I’m thankful for him and his staff and look forward to my road to recovery!
Sep 19, 2022
Outstanding experience
A close friend had a previous experience at SCOI which led me to this fantastic group of surgeons. From the first visit to assess the knee injury to the surgery and all of the post-op visits to keep observing the healing progress, I have nothing but glowing praises for the entire group of medical professionals that cared for me. Of the many, many doctors that specialize in sport injuries currently in the medical community, it is my personal feeling that I was taken care of by one of the best. Look no further than SCOI. Period. My heartfelt appreciation to Doctor Eric Ferkel and the group of professionals on his team Jessica Thwaite, Wendy Pineda and all the technicians.
Phillip Nelson – Sep 15, 2022
Great Surgeon
Dr. Ferkel is an excellent surgeon I had a fall last year and fractured my heel it has been a long process but I trust Dr Ferkel he is very caring and professional
Fabiola – Aug 02, 2022
Awesome
I am very grateful with Dr. Ferkel, he is an excellent surgeon. Dr. Ferkel helped me get back on my feet after repairing a major meniscus tear.
Antonio – Jun 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Ferkel, MD?
Dr. Ferkel is very good listener and take care of the patient in ours needs. He's done bunion revisión and I'm thankful for results.
Centeno – Jun 05, 2022
Outstanding Doctor
Dr. Ferkel is kind and compassionate. He went above and beyond for my knee surgery in that when he was in with the scope he said he thought about his wife and what he would do for her so he was able to repair my meniscus vs remove it. Long term for an me as an active person, I will have less arthritis. Additionally, he sewed my stitches in the grain of the skin so my scars would be less visible. He got me an ice machine and therapeutic sleeve for under my brace as well which is way more comfortable than brace over leggings. Highly recommend him. You sometimes have to wait as he is busy but it’s worth it!
Donna – Jun 02, 2022
Personable Perfectionist
Your first impression will be that he's very personable. Your second impression will be that he really knows what he's talking about. Finally, you'll take comfort when you hear others tell you he's a perfectionist - something you want in a surgeon.
JohnD – May 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Ferkel, MD?
The staff at Porter Ranch are wonderful. But the office can be a disaster no matter what time your appointment is you wait 45 minutes to an hour just to get into a room then you wait some more. They overbooked and understaffed. As I said not the staffs fault they’re great but the wait time is awful especially since most of us have to be driven there because we can’t drive ourselves
May 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Ferkel, MD?
After having an extremely long and frustrating time with insurance and other doctors, Dr.Ferkal was a breath of fresh air. I finally felt taken care of and in proper hands. I was finally confident that I’d be on my way to recovery. Very grateful for such a knowledge as well as caring doctor.
Apr 13, 2022
Great Care
Dr. Freckle was very concerned about my broken ankle. I needed surgery which was done so that I had no pain or discomfort. The follow up with his physician’s assistant was thorough. I would recommend both professionals.
Mary M – Mar 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Ferkel, MD?
He is a amazing good doctor and surgeon.
He is a doctor who cares a lot about investigating various forms or ways to attend to your case, he takes his time to explain you and has a lot of charisma
trust worthy – Mar 17, 2022
Great Gift To The Medical Field
I am a nurse and know the medical field like the back of my hand, in particular I know much about orthopedics. Dr. Eric Ferkel performed my knee surgery. There were many hurdles in my particular case and he pulled out all the stops to make it happen. From day one Dr. Ferkel was precise in explaining everything that would happen step by step in my knee injury journey. His bedside manner is caring and he always made sure any of my questions and concerns were addressed. He and his staff were phenomenal at always attending to my needs and to my plethora of questions asked. I can not say enough good things about how my experience has gone and continues to go with Dr. Ferkel and his staff.
Suzette D – Mar 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Ferkel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ferkel?

2014
Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine-New England Baptist Hospital-Boston, Massachusetts|Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery-Orthocarolina|Orthopedic Sports Medicine-New England Baptist Hosptital|Pediatric & Adolescent Orthopedic Sports Medici
2013
LA County and USC Medical Center|University of Southern California Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals
2008