Dr. Eric Elowitz, MD

240 E 59th St Fl 2

New York, NY 10022

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Elowitz

I am committed to providing state-of-the-art care to my patients using the most advanced minimal-access techniques available.  I work with my patients to develop a personalized treatment plan.  In general, I have a conservative approach to spinal problems and try to avoid surgery when possible.  When surgery is necessary, my goal is to get patients  back to their activities quickly without a prolonged recovery period.  New procedures, new surgical approaches, and new technology can make spine surgery much less invasive than it once was and patients can have faster recovery times with excellent outcomes.

Dr. Elowitz's Experience

Dr. Elowitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurological Spine Surgery

• Vertebral Column Tumors
  • Vertebral Fracture

• Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Laminoplasty
  • Laminotomy
  • Neck Surgery
  • Neurosurgical Procedures
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• State University Of New York Downstate College Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

• Alpha Omega Alpha, 1984
  • Summa Cum Laude - Medical School, 1986
  • Young Investigator Award - Section on Tumors AANS, 1998

Dr. Elowitz has no media or publications listed.

• Greek
  • Hebrew
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Tagalog

Dr. Elowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Elowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Elowitz's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Elowitz to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Elowitz's Performance
in Hastings-on-Hudson, NY |
I’m an active 80. Well, I was till spinal stenosis pain made walking unbearable. Docs said my age and heart stent made me a surgery risk. A life of pain lay ahead. At Weill-Cornell Spine Center we found Dr Eric Elowitz. He and nurse Ed Butler were reassuring, said I was great candidate for minimally invasive surgery. Day after surgery I took a 1/2-hour pain-free walk. Dr E is a genius! His team, especially Ed and recovery room nurse Jessie, were amazing. Can’t I give Dr E more than 5 stars?
New York, NY |
Dr. Elowitz is a gifted surgeon. He is professional and communicates all of the benefits and risks of surgery. He I can highly recommend him, without hesitation.
New York, NY |
I was suffering intense pain as a result of a herniated lumbar disc. Dr. Elowitz met with me and explained all of the treatment options available without putting any pressure on me to opt for surgery. After considering the options I decided on spinal surgery. The results are miraculous. I am completely pain free, and was out of the hospital in fewer than 24 hours. Dr. Elowitz is a great surgeon and a very sympathetic person.
in New York, NY |
I am indebted to Dr Elowitz for restoring my quality of life following surgery for spinal stenosis in 2014. I found him to be a very low key, genuine, and professional practitioner who took his time answering my questions and was never rushed. I was discharged from the hospital the day after surgery and, although recovery from surgery was understandably painful initially, I was back at work in six weeks (pretty much completely functional in four), and have been pain free for over 2-1/2 years.
in Northport, NY |
After years of chronic debilitating pain and trying various methods of treatments, I finally decided to visit Dr. Eric Elowitz. A friend of mine who was a former patient referred me to him. I underwent microdiscectomy just recently. The entire process from start to finish was easy thanks to the staff and the hospital. I was walking immediately with almost no pain at all. Incredible! Dr. Elowitz and his team changed my life! In addition, NY Presbyterian Hospital is amazing.
in New York, NY |
Dr Elowitz saved me from pain. I had been suffering and other surgeons wanted to do a huge operation. Dr Elowitz performed a minimally invasive surgery and I was out of the hospital the next day. Would highly recommend!b
Probable a proficient surgeon. Unfortunately, his post operative care and support for patient needs is severely lacking. I had spine surgery which did nothing to rectify my pains. Post surgery follow up I was told I see no further surgical solution to your problem and was virtually dismissed. Had a second surgery 5 months later by another surgeon and I am now pain free. Surgery success because I found a Dr that would operate. Most make you wait a year. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ELOWITZ TO ANYONE.
in New York, NY |
I had constant pain on my left leg for years?I needed spinal surgery. Dr. Elowitz, in a caring and professional way, examined me and presented options to solve my problem. He didn?t rush me and answered my questions. His assistant Ed was also tops, great help. After the surgery, a miracle, NO PAIN or heaviness. For 6 weeks I had to observe limitations on activities and had some post surgery discomfort, which is normal. I am now free of pain, thanks to the excellent work of Dr. Elowitz.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Elowitz, MD?
Are you Dr. Elowitz?

Hospitals where Dr. Elowitz has admitting priveleges

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Elowitz at Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center

Dr. Theodore Schwartz, MD