Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Eric Dobratz, MD
Dr. Eric Dobratz is the Director of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in EVMS Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Dobratz has a highly specialized practice where he focuses exclusively on plastic surgery of the face, head and neck. He has double board certifications from the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Dobratz is thrilled to be back in practice at EVMS, where he completed his medical school training and received the honor of being elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. After medical school, he completed an internship in General Surgery and Residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia. Dr. Dobratz trained with a highly recognized facial plastic surgeon at the University of Virginia, Dr. Stephen Park, where he developed his skills in performing facial plastic surgery. During this time, Dr. Dobratz was also recognized for his research in tissue engineering; he was the first resident to be awarded the distinguished Leslie Bernstein Research Grant, through the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Through this research, Dr. Dobratz was able to begin to develop a new technique to produce injectable tissue engineered cartilage for reconstruction of facial deformities.Upon completion of his residency training, Dr. Dobratz was awarded a prestigious fellowship position with one of the nations' leading facial plastic surgeons, Dr. Peter Hilger. Under the mentorship of Dr. Hilger and his team of facial plastic surgeons at the University of Minnesota, Dr. Dobratz honed his skills in the latest techniques in rhinoplasty, cosmetic surgery, and facial reconstruction, including the repair of congenital facial deformities and reconstruction after resection of facial skin cancers. He has been recognized locally for his expertise and has received awards including, Top 40 under 40 recognition, Top Docs in Hampton Roads Magazine and Sentara/EVMS Leadership Endowed Chair.

EVMS ENT/Facial Plastic Surgery

2075 Glenn Mitchell Dr Ste 310

Virginia Beach, VA 23456

• Anthem
  • Coventry Health Care of Virginia
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

Learn about Dr. Dobratz

Dr. Dobratz considers it a privilege to help people desiring cosmetic or reconstructive surgery of the head and neck achieve their personal goals.  He works with his patients to achieve their best possible results, focusing on creating a "non-operated" look, providing patients with a refreshed and revitalized appearance.

Dr. Dobratz's Experience

Dr. Dobratz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Cleft Lip
  • Cleft Palate
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Deviated Septum
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Enlarged Turbinates

• Facelift
  • Facial Contour Alteration
  • Fat Grafting to the Face
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Plastic Surgery, Facial
  • Skin Cancer Surgery With Reconstruction

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• James Madison University
  • University Of Virginia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Dobratz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dobratz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dobratz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dobratz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dobratz to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Dobratz's Performance
in Virginia Beach |
Dr. Dobratz does excellent work and makes sure his patients understand what is going on from start to finish. Had one really bad experience with scheduling where I was called to change an appointment date and attempting to get back with his office took 14 calls and 2 hours of wait time over 2 days including being given wrong numbers to call and put on hold for long delays. Easy fixes could include notifying nurse of an incoming call and using text messaging for appointments.
Virginia Beach, VA |
Excellent compassionate care provider. He keeps you informed and asks for your input. I highly recommend Dr. Dobratz for his skills and medical professionalism. One down side...his staff needs to learn to run a tighter schedule. Most appointments included a lengthy (45 minute+) wait time. I do understand that emergencies come up and surgeries extend longer than planned but to consistently run so late says someone on the administrative staff isn't paying attention.
Thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in trying to improve the care we provide. We will continue to strive to improve wait times for our patients. Wishing you all the best in the future, please let us know if we can be of any other help.
in Windsor, VA |
I recently had an opportunity to visit Dr. Dobrat'z office to set up an Appt. for nose surgery. It was a very enjoyable experience. The receptionist was quite pleasant and I only waited 10 min. before I was taken back to a room to meet with Dr. Dobratz . He was friendly and very knowledgeable about my condition and what he could do to help alleviate my problem. I trust him completely. His nurse Kristie Burrus was especially helpful answering all my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Dobratz !
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We strive to provide an excellent care for all of our patients and are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during your visit. We always love to receive great feedback.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
He performed an OUTSTANDING procedure on my nose after my Mohs surgery. My face looks like I never had the very extensive Mohs procedure to destroy basal cancer cells in my n. I am very impressed with his medical skills. I could not have received any better care anywhere.
Thank you very much for sharing these comments. We are glad we were able to provide you with an outstanding experience.
in Parksley, VA |
I was operated on November 9, 2016 for a perforated septum. Dr. Dobratz is a no nonsense kind of doctor. His work is fabulous. Don't be in a hurry, however. His manifest is very booked and can run behind very quickly. Everything he explained to me and what to expect were spot-on. Having the Doyle stents in both nostrils for 14 days was almost enough to put me over the edge. LISTEN to what he says. This Doctor knows his stuff!!!
Thanks John, for leaving us this response. We certainly try our best to stay on time, but unfortunately can get behind on busy days. Thank you for your patience and feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further help in the future.
in Virginia Beach |
Dr. Dobratz is not only an excellent surgeon, he is a compassionate physician. He took the time to listen to my issues/concerns from two prior surgeries. He worked with me to try and resolve the issues until I was ready to undergo a third surgery. He corrected my deviated nasal tip, removed painful scar tissue, completed a cartilage graft and a columella reduction. I was so thrilled with the results that I now see him for other aesthetic goals. His staff is well trained and always attentive.
Thanks for the feedback. We always strive to provide compassionate care. Also, thank you for the positive feedback for the staff! Wishing you all the best until the next time we see you.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Dobratz was highly recommended to reconstruct my nose after Mohs surgery to remove skin cancer. I'm extremely pleased with the outcome - Dr. Dobratz reconstructed the natural lines and curves of my nose, and restored the symmetry that I worried about. He thoroughly explained everything that I could expect to occur pre, during, and post-surgery; it was completely accurate and there were no surprises. Dr. Dobratz and his staff are professional and very compassionate; I highly recommend them.
Thank you very much for sharing these comments. We always love to receive great feedback.
in Norfolk, VA |
I had to wait a while to be seen by Dr. Dobratz in the the waiting room. It was long but, I knew that he was doing an office procedure at the time of my appointment. I was fine with this because if that was me or my family member I would want him to take his time. I was very nervous about getting my face done. I have had many operations but none like this. Dr. Dobratz made me feel very comfortable and before I knew it my procedure was done. I am so thankful for Dr. Dobratz he is the best
Thank you for your kind review, your understanding and your patience in waiting! We are glad to hear your feedback.
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr.Dobratz did an amazing job with my surgery I needed after a car accident. He was very calm and collected which made me feel comfortable especially since the trauma area was face and scalp. I am so happy I chose Dr. Dobratz to take care of me.
Thank you for your kind response and positive feedback! Glad to hear that you are doing well after surgery. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further help in the future.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
After surgery, still have deviated septum, large scar on face, breathing worse than ever before. All should have been corrected with one surgery! after reading reviews, he may have been reluctant to fix my deviated septum.Dr. Dobratz's staff even asked me why he did not correct the deviated septum along with broken nose! I should not be having these problems if he would have done his job! My nose is numb, can't breath and have a scar for life now. Dr. not interested in well being of patients
Sorry to hear your frustration. Sometimes when patients have trauma to their nose when they already have a septal deviation, it is recommended to repair only the injured areas at that time and then come back to repair the pre-existing deformities. This allows for the swelling to resolve and minimize distortion of the tissues surrounding the injured area. Although it may be frustrating at the outset, this care will optimize the chance for the best long term result which is our number one priority
in Chesapeake, VA |
Excellent surgeon on questionable procedure (deviated septum, removing cartilage from ear and inserting in nose) leaving me with problems I did not have before, discomfort/change to physical appearance. Like building an airplane hangar in my nose. Distorted the cartilage in one nostril (told would require another surgery to correct, billable) and negatively changed the external appearance of my nose, making in harder to shave under my nose and I cut myself frequently.
I am sorry for your frustration. The goal of functional nasal surgery is to improve breathing while minimizing external changes. Sometimes changes are unavoidable. When the nose is very deviated, cartilage grafts from the nose or ear may be required to splint the deviations. This may slightly widen the nose but provides a more open and straighter nose. Rarely patients feel the grafts or experience discomfort. We can remove those grafts, however the risk is losing support the grafts have provided
Virginia Beach, VA |
If getting surgery for a deviated septum: your nostrils may end up bulbous; tip of your nose may be truncated; cartilage in a nostril may be distended inwards by pressure of the cartilage from your ear that was inserted; be careful of forming your nose by pressuring it with your finger, this may distort the bone and require more surgery. My right nostril is clear, but boy do I wish I had my handsome old nose back. A challenging surgery for this good doctor, but we never expected this.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Dobratz, MD?

Visit Dr. Dobratz