Dr. Eric Desman, MD

Undersea & Hyperbaric MedicineMaleAge 58

Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine

Dr. Eric Desman, MD is an Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine Specialist in Alexandria, VA and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from JEFFERSON MED COLL-THOS JEFFERSON UNIV in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Eric Desman, MD

Virginia Center For Plastic Surgery

6355 Walker Ln Ste 510 Alexandria, VA 22310
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Desman treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Desman's conditions and procedures:

• Bedsores
  • Birthmark
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Burn Injuries
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Gynecomastia
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Skin Aging
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Spider Veins
  • Third-Degree Burns
  • Wrinkles

Dr. Desman accepts

Dr. Desman accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Medicare

Dr. Desman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Desman

3.8

Great experience, would recommend this practice
I recently had a breast reduction done at VCPS with Dr. Desman. When I initially called to inquire about the procedure, I spoke to Olga and other members of the staff for over an hour, and they took the time to answer all my preliminary questions thoughtfully. They were accommodating with my tight timeline, so I was scheduled and had my surgery fairly quickly. I could not be happier with the results. Throughout the process - preparation, surgery, and follow ups - Dr. Desman and his team were extremely professional, thoughtful, and kind, making sure I felt comfortable and understood what was happening. The team is easy to reach and responds to messages quickly. I recommend VCPS and Dr. Desman without hesitation to anyone interested in a breast reduction or any similar procedure and cannot thank them enough!
Jordan – Jan 11, 2023
Dissatisfied patient
I received a named brand injection between my eye brows that did not do anything for the creases. I asked for a follow up meeting with Dr. Desman to express my dissatisfaction, he said I should have come in 15 years earlier…really?? I didn’t need injections 15 years earlier. He also recommended I speak to the aesthetician, which I did. The products she recommended are very expensive. Really nice staff, uncompromising doctor. Do not recommend. Find someone else and see what they do if you are not satisfied with the treatment.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Genevev – Jul 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
I went to see Dr Desman for liposuction on my granny arms and back fat. He did an amazing job of explaining what to expect, the procedure, and recovery time. He was very patient answering my questions and put me at ease. I didn’t have to wait very long for my surgery day and it went just as he had explained it. My post op follow up was helpful and he and his staff gave helpful recommendations for recovery. It was a very positive experience and I would absolutely recommend him to friends and family!
K. Lee – Feb 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
I have been thinking about an abdominoplasty for some time and thought that with COVID and working from home, this might be the best time to move forward with the procedure if I was ever going to get it done. I contacted the Virginia Center for Plastic Surgery (I just did a Google search) and had a virtual consultation. Olga, Dr. Desman's patient care coordinator, is friendly, helpful and addresses any anxiety you might have about your procedure. I didn't meet Dr. Desman in-person until my pre-op appointment (two weeks before surgery). I can only describe him as a gentle teddy bear who takes particular interest in understanding your problem areas and addressing your questions. I never felt that he was rushed or impatient. I was also worried that the quote would change after Dr. Desman saw me in person, but I was very pleased this was not the case -- which gave me confidence that he could accurately assess what I needed and there were no "hidden" costs. Post-op recovery has been very
Elizabeth – Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
I had a tummy tuck and Dr. Desman was wonderful. He previously performed my breast augmentation almost six years ago, he's so great and professional that my sister had her breast done too. I look to Dr. Desman for all of my cosmetic needs, from surgical and non-surgical procedures. Trust me if you are looking to enhance your features or just need a little filler look no further. The staff are wonderful too Hi Olga and Gina!
Cat – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
Great Experience. Always responsive and willing to help. Polite, engaging, and friendly.
Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
If I could give a higher rating I would. I saw dr desman for Gynecomastia surgery. Having From the first visit I knew he was my guy. He made me feel comfortable right away. Martha was so sweet and made me feel like I was at home. Olga his assistant I believe is very uplifting and positive. She keeps it real and made me feel so happy I made the decision to get this procedure. They gave me options with my surgery and never were pushy. I am now 5 weeks post op. And everything looks great. Couldn’
Apr 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
I cannot be more thankful to Dr. Desman and his staff, with my liposuction and fat grafting to the breasts procedure. From day one, they have made the entire process as smooth as possible. His staff has always provided detailed answers to my questions along with tons of helpful tips every step of the way. On every visit, I’m always greeted with a warm smile and superb attention. Dr. Desman is the only surgeon who has my absolute trust with his impeccable work! He gave me my confidence back!
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
Every single time I visit this office I feel like I am talking to family. Since my first consult January 30 and today was my two week post OP. Dr. Desman simply under promised and over delivered. I have not experienced any of the horror stories as others and my recovery has been amazing. My scar is almost invisible. You really have to look low and hard to see it. I just can’t explain the level of satisfied I am. Amazing. The best money I ever spent just on me and I am so glad I picked here.
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
Dr. Desman and his staff are the absolute best. Initially I was nervous and scared about having a breast reduction but Martha (Dr. Desmans assistant) helped to ease all of my anxiety. Dr. Desman was patient and answered all my questions. I’m satisfied with the results and most of all, no more back pain. If you’re considering a breast reduction please book your appointment ASAP, you will not be disappointed.
Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
I had augmentation on 9 September 2016. The staff and Dr Desman are awsome. Everything was explained to me from A to Z. They answered any and every question that I had from day 1 until now. I can call the office or e-mail anytime and they respone in a timely fashion. The hospital staff was awsome as well.. I'm so very, very pleased with my results....recovery was a walk in the park... DR. DESMAN YOU ROCK!!! Thank you for everything!!!
T.N. in Ft Belvoir, VA – Oct 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
its only been 27 days since my abdominoplasty, and I am completely satisfied with my outcome! Just 2 days after at my post op appointment, I was happy. In a lot of pain but happy. I also received liposuction of my inner thighs and flanks. Flanks are sore but looks amazing. As for my inner thigh I'm more than content. If I had to do that part over again, I would have done more research on contouring. with that said I'm still satisfied with all my results. Next year breast augmentation!
K. Price in Fort Belvoir, Va – Oct 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
After having a bad Surgery from another Doctor!!! I can still fell the pain that I were suppose to be having Surgery to stop the pain it's still there!!! My Insurance gave me 2 Names So I picked Dr Eric Desman Wow he listen to what I had to say And did a Great Job The Staff is Great!!!! Thank You All
Phyllis Napper in Woodbridge, VA – Oct 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
Dr Desman's rapid recovery program with Breast Augmentation is probably the best thing around. I didn't have any pain following his regime post surgery. I got the exact results I was looking for and I have never been more happy with my breasts. His staff is fantastic and warm and they make you feel comfortable right from the get go. I HIGHLY recommend this Dr.
Stephanie Long in Maryland – Aug 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
Honest, professional, knowledgeable. Felt very comfortable speaking with doctor. Staff also exceptionally knowledgeable, profressional and really made me feel they were genuinely interested in me and my concerns.
falls church – Feb 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
I love the evironment at this office. Everyone is so friendly and warm. I would recommend this place to everybody.
Elizabeth in Alexandria, Virginia – Feb 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?
My experience with Dr.Desman and his staff was horrible. I had a breast reduction in August 2015 and everything was fine until January 27,2016. I tried to talk to his Adminstrator Penelope about my bill, she failed to send me a bill in the mail. She was verbally intimidating on the phone and was very rude and unprofessional. She told me I could not make an appointment to see Dr.Desman until I paid my balance in full. Dr.Desman never called me about my health issues.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
NS in Washington,DC – Feb 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Desman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Desman?