Dr. Eric Crall, MD

Dr. Eric Crall, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Eric Crall, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Lutz, FL. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Read his story

4953 Van Dyke Rd

Lutz, FL 33558

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Crall

Dr. Crall's Experience

Dr. Crall's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Crall's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Crall "I grew up in Ft. Wayne, Indiana but relocated to Tampa in 1980. My educational background is as follows: Jesuit High School in Tampa, 1986 The University of South Florida, B.A. in Chemistry 1990 Emory University School of Medicine, M.D. awarded 1994; class president in my 4th year; received the Nicholas J. Pisacano, M.D. Memorial Scholarship from the American Board of Family Medicine, recognizing "future leaders" in Family Medicine The Bayfront Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program in St. Petersburg, FL; Chief Resident in third year (1997). I practiced for 17 years as an employed physician with Morton Plant Mease Primary Care (now the Baycare Medical Group) in New Port Richey, FL prior to opening MyDPCdoc Family Medicine in July 2014. I have been happily married to Kara for 25 years and we have 4 children and 2 grandchildren. My hobbies include cycling, jogging, collecting antique medical books, and watching my children participate in their many activities. I believes that the secret to any success in life is faith in God's providential plan and a personal friendship with Jesus Christ, which keeps me humble and happy in the face of difficulties, and keeps me focused on my limitations and the good in others."

This content was provided by Dr. Crall "My passion for wellness and prevention were the key to my decision to transition to a direct primary care practice.  As a fee-for-service physician I always struggled to take the time necessary to focus on healthy habits, and in the last few years it became impossible to do so.  Now I often spend an hour with my patients, which allows plenty of time to address "therapeutic lifestyle changes" to treat and prevent disease.  Medications are an adjunct to treatment, not the primary focus.  I explain the risks vs benefits of medications when needed, as well as the pros/cons of diagnostic tests, so my patients can make informed decisions about their health.  I meet with my patients once a year to set health goals, and regularly follow up in office or by phone to monitor their progress in achieving them.  I also use health apps to monitor progress when appropriate.  I believe that my patients hire me to help them achieve healthy longevity, and that's a job I take seriously!"

• Preventive Medicine

• Menopause
  • Overuse Injuries
  • Respiratory Diseases
  • Testosterone Deficiency
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Weight Loss

• Bayfront Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Bayfront Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Crall has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Crall does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crall and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Crall's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crall to family and friends
Dr. Crall Says:

All comments posted prior to July 2014 reflect my patients' experiences when I was an employed physician with the Baycare Health System, running on the treadmill of a typical, busy, fee-for-service practice, working with insurance companies standing between my patients and I.  All comments since July 2014 reflect my direct primary care practice and my patients' experience without any intrusion from insurance companies.

Dr. Crall's Performance
in Tarpon Springs, FL |
Dr. Crall is the best physician I have ever been to. He has been very thorough and concerned about my personal health. He takes his time to listen to your concerns and advise you accordingly. If you are healthy he will keep you that way if you heed his advice. If not so healthy he will help you regain your health by coaching you in the right direction. He is the BEST of the BEST. Thanks for having me in your practice. Cara and Sue are delightful as well. B.C.
in lutz, fl |
My husband and I are his patients and are both overwhelmed Dr. Crall's skill, knowledge and caring. He is absolutely fantastic. We have access to him when we need him. HIs business model is new to most people but I can't imagine a better way to truly have your OWN personal physician! He and his practice - all AMAZING! No "timed" appointments, no "only one complaint", We have been with Dr. Crall for almost 2 years and still can't get used to having this incredible level of care.
Tampa, FL |
We could not be happier with Dr. Crall and his staff. For me to trust my families health to anyone is very rare, but he knows what he is doing! I wish everyone was getting the great care we recieve at his office!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Crall is an excellent doctor working hard to make his patients better. His thoughtful approach to understand each patient has improved my life and many of my family member's lives. He is an advocate for his patients, explaining and coordinating care for the best outcomes. He looks at you as a whole person and wants to help you be at your best health.
in Tampa, FL |
My last Dr. in NW Florida had a healthgrades rating of 4.8/5 and was absolutely awesome when it came to listening and accommodating his patients needs. Dr. Crall is that plus he really takes his time to understand every aspect of his patient's health and is extremely thorough, all while, unlike other Drs, not in a "I'm in a hurry but have to pretend like I'm not and have to listen to your long-winded explanation" fake sort of way. Those extras, combined with his staff, especially Kara, blow my o
in Trinity,FL |
Dr. Crall always goes above and beyond, he is always there for me and my family!
Dr. Crall has been my physician for approximately 5+yrs. I have seen him for the basic cold to what I feel is not so basic examples back pain, depression, migraines, and most recently weight loss. What I needed from a physician and his staff was not to feel like a number. I quite frankly just wanted (want ) honest care. Although in the last 2 yrs he has changed his practice model. There was no way I was not going to follow him. He gives the care every human being deserves.
in Lutz, FL |
Dr. Crall and his team are amazing. Doctor Crall is the first physician to truly listen tomy needs and break down the issues in a caring, methodical manner. He never rushed me out with multiple medications to address symptoms. He offered choices and we invested the time assessing and arriving at the best choice for me. With Doctor Crall's help, I successsfully lost over 61 pounds. I've been with Doctor Crall for 7 months and the only regret is that I didn't start sooner.
in Lutz, FL |
Dr. Crall is more than my PCP; he's my health care advocate. In this age, where the spectrum runs between the doc-in-the-box and the specialist that couldn't diagnose a laceration unless they're a surgeon, we need a translator. This doctor is the Rosetta Stone
Have you seen Dr. Eric Crall, MD?
Are you Dr. Crall?