Dr. Eric Crall, MD

Dr. Eric Crall, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Eric Crall, MD is a family medicine specialist in Lutz, FL and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Emory University in 1994 and specializes in family medicine and preventive medicine.Read his story

4953 Van Dyke Rd

Lutz, FL 33558

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Crall

Dr. Crall's Experience

Dr. Crall's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Crall's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Crall "I grew up in Ft. Wayne, Indiana but relocated to Tampa in 1980. My educational background is as follows: Jesuit High School in Tampa, 1986 The University of South Florida, B.A. in Chemistry 1990 Emory University School of Medicine, M.D. awarded 1994; class president in my 4th year; received the Nicholas J. Pisacano, M.D. Memorial Scholarship from the American Board of Family Medicine, recognizing "future leaders" in Family Medicine The Bayfront Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program in St. Petersburg, FL; Chief Resident in third year (1997). I practiced for 17 years as an employed physician with Morton Plant Mease Primary Care (now the Baycare Medical Group) in New Port Richey, FL prior to opening MyDPCdoc Family Medicine in July 2014. I have been happily married to Kara for 25 years and we have 4 children and 2 grandchildren. My hobbies include cycling, jogging, collecting antique medical books, and watching my children participate in their many activities. I believes that the secret to any success in life is faith in God's providential plan and a personal friendship with Jesus Christ, which keeps me humble and happy in the face of difficulties, and keeps me focused on my limitations and the good in others."

This content was provided by Dr. Crall "My passion for wellness and prevention were the key to my decision to transition to a direct primary care practice.  As a fee-for-service physician I always struggled to take the time necessary to focus on healthy habits, and in the last few years it became impossible to do so.  Now I often spend an hour with my patients, which allows plenty of time to address "therapeutic lifestyle changes" to treat and prevent disease.  Medications are an adjunct to treatment, not the primary focus.  I explain the risks vs benefits of medications when needed, as well as the pros/cons of diagnostic tests, so my patients can make informed decisions about their health.  I meet with my patients once a year to set health goals, and regularly follow up in office or by phone to monitor their progress in achieving them.  I also use health apps to monitor progress when appropriate.  I believe that my patients hire me to help them achieve healthy longevity, and that's a job I take seriously!"

• Preventive Medicine

• Bayfront Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Bayfront Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Crall has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Crall does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crall and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Crall's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crall to family and friends

Dr. Crall's Performance

Dr. Crall Says:
"

All comments posted prior to July 2014 reflect my patients' experiences when I was an employed physician with the Baycare Health System, running on the treadmill of a typical, busy, fee-for-service practice, working with insurance companies standing between my patients and I.  All comments since July 2014 reflect my direct primary care practice and my patients' experience without any intrusion from insurance companies.

"

A Doctor that truly cares about my current and long term health. You are not just a number in Dr Crall’s practice. Highly recommended.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Between my husband and I we are 143 yrs old. We have seen many, many doctors in our lifetimes. Without a doubt, Dr. Crall is the one we trust more than any we have ever used. He is well educated and continues to educate himself, he LISTENS to you, he gives you answers. This is not the run of...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Crall is the best physician I have ever been to. He has been very thorough and concerned about my personal health. He takes his time to listen to your concerns and advise you accordingly. If you are healthy he will keep you that way if you heed his advice. If not so healthy he will help you...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
We could not be happier with Dr. Crall and his staff. For me to trust my families health to anyone is very rare, but he knows what he is doing! I wish everyone was getting the great care we recieve at his office!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Crall is an excellent doctor working hard to make his patients better. His thoughtful approach to understand each patient has improved my life and many of my family member's lives. He is an advocate for his patients, explaining and coordinating care for the best outcomes. He looks at you as a...more
Are you Dr. Crall?