Dr. Eric J. Crall, MD

Dr. Eric J. Crall, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 48 years old

My passion for wellness and prevention were the key to my decision to transition to a direct primary care practice. As a fee-for-service physician I always struggled to take the time necessary to focus on healthy habits, and in the last few years it became impossible to do so. Now I often spend an hour with my patients, which allows plenty of time to address "therapeutic lifestyle changes" to treat and prevent disease. Medications are an adjunct to treatment, not the primary focus. I explain the risks vs benefits of medications when needed, as well as the pros/cons of diagnostic tests, so my patients can make informed decisions about their health. I meet with my patients once a year to set health goals, and regularly follow up in office or by phone to monitor their progress in achieving them. I also use health apps to monitor progress when appropriate. I believe that my patients hire me to help them achieve healthy longevity, and that's a job I take seriously!Read more

Personal Bio

I grew up in Ft. Wayne, Indiana but relocated to Tampa in 1980. My educational background is as follows:...Read more

Dr. Crall's Experience

See how Dr. Crall's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Crall

Dr. Crall accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Crall's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crall to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Crall
Dr. Crall's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (28)
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Crall is an excellent doctor working hard to make his patients better. His thoughtful approach to understand each patient has improved my life and many of my family member's lives. He is an advocate for his patients, explaining and coordinating care for the best outcomes. He looks at you as a whole person and wants to help you be at your best health.
in Tampa, FL |
My last Dr. in NW Florida had a healthgrades rating of 4.8/5 and was absolutely awesome when it came to listening and accommodating his patients needs. Dr. Crall is that plus he really takes his time to understand every aspect of his patient's health and is extremely thorough, all while, unlike other Drs, not in a "I'm in a hurry but have to pretend like I'm not and have to listen to your long-winded explanation" fake sort of way. Those extras, combined with his staff, especially Kara, blow my o
in Trinity,FL |
Dr. Crall always goes above and beyond, he is always there for me and my family!
Dr. Crall has been my physician for approximately 5+yrs. I have seen him for the basic cold to what I feel is not so basic examples back pain, depression, migraines, and most recently weight loss. What I needed from a physician and his staff was not to feel like a number. I quite frankly just wanted (want ) honest care. Although in the last 2 yrs he has changed his practice model. There was no way I was not going to follow him. He gives the care every human being deserves.
in Lutz, FL |
Dr. Crall and his team are amazing. Doctor Crall is the first physician to truly listen tomy needs and break down the issues in a caring, methodical manner. He never rushed me out with multiple medications to address symptoms. He offered choices and we invested the time assessing and arriving at the best choice for me. With Doctor Crall's help, I successsfully lost over 61 pounds. I've been with Doctor Crall for 7 months and the only regret is that I didn't start sooner.
in Lutz, FL |
Dr. Crall is more than my PCP; he's my health care advocate. In this age, where the spectrum runs between the doc-in-the-box and the specialist that couldn't diagnose a laceration unless they're a surgeon, we need a translator. This doctor is the Rosetta Stone
Have you seen Dr. Eric J. Crall, MD?
Are you Dr. Crall?

Dr. Crall says...

I grew up in Ft. Wayne, Indiana but relocated to Tampa in 1980.  My educational background is as follows:

• Jesuit High School in Tampa, 1986
  • The University of South Florida, B.A. in Chemistry 1990
  • Emory University School of Medicine, M.D. awarded 1994; class president in my 4th year; received the Nicholas J. Pisacano, M.D. Memorial Scholarship from the American Board of Family Medicine, recognizing "future leaders" in Family Medicine
  • The Bayfront Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program in St. Petersburg, FL; Chief Resident in third year (1997).

I practiced for 17 years as an employed physician with Morton Plant Mease Primary Care (now the Baycare Medical Group) in New Port Richey, FL prior to opening MyDPCdoc Family Medicine in July 2014.  I have been happily married to Kara for 25 years and we have 4 children and 2 grandchildren.  My hobbies include cycling, jogging, collecting antique medical books, and watching my children participate in their many activities.  I believes that the secret to any success in life is faith in God's providential plan and a personal friendship with Jesus Christ, which keeps me humble and happy in the face of difficulties, and keeps me focused on my limitations and the good in others.

Dr. Crall's Care Philosophy

My passion for wellness and prevention were the key to my decision to transition to a direct primary care practice.  As a fee-for-service physician I always struggled to take the time necessary to focus on healthy habits, and in the last few years it became impossible to do so.  Now I often spend an hour with my patients, which allows plenty of time to address "therapeutic lifestyle changes" to treat and prevent disease.  Medications are an adjunct to treatment, not the primary focus.  I explain the risks vs benefits of medications when needed, as well as the pros/cons of diagnostic tests, so my patients can make informed decisions about their health.  I meet with my patients once a year to set health goals, and regularly follow up in office or by phone to monitor their progress in achieving them.  I also use health apps to monitor progress when appropriate.  I believe that my patients hire me to help them achieve healthy longevity, and that's a job I take seriously!

Dr. Crall says...

I am passionate about prevention of early cardiovascular disease.  As such I have expertise in the treatment of high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity.  I have experience in working with those patients who prefer the ketogenic lifestyle.  I am experienced in the identification and treatment of skin cancer.  I am also experienced in treating the overuse syndromes such as bursitis, tendinitis and plantar fasciitis.  I treat many men with testosterone replacement when indicated, as well as hormone replacement therapy in women. The breadth of my experience and the variety of conditions which I treat in the office bring greater value to your monthly membership by minimizing the need for referrals.  Still, I know my limitations and do not hesitate to refer to subspecialists when a problem falls outside my expertise or is not responding to treatment as expected.

Dr. Crall says...

The list below is not all-inclusive; it represents the most commonly performed procedures in the office.  Please ask us if there are any additional procedures that would increase the value of your membership with us and we will gladly let you know if we perform it.

Dr. Crall's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Crall has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Crall's Board Certifications

• Menopause
  • Overuse Injuries
  • Respiratory Diseases
  • Testosterone Deficiency
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Weight Loss

Bayfront Medical Center

Completed in 1997

University of South Florida

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Crall does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crall and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Preventive Medicine

• Urinalysis
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.