Dr. Eric Chenven, MD

UrologyMaleAge 51

Urology

Dr. Eric Chenven, MD is a Urology Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University medical school in 1996. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Broward Health Imperial Point and Broward Health Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Eric Chenven, MD

Broward Urology Center

2150 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Urology Specialists

Compare Dr. Chenven with our nearby Urology Specialists at HCA Florida Westside Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Westside Hospital today at (954) 645-8026.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Westside Hospital.

Dr. Chenven's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chenven

3.5

Dr. Chenven

I was referred to Dr. Chenven by my internist and have had the best experience with him. His approach to patient engagement and really ensuring that the patient clearly understands the diagnosis and the treatment plan is what separates him from others. He really seems to care for his patients instead of just looking at a person as a number. And his staff takes his lead and also does an outstanding job with interacting with and educating patients. I really feel like I'm getting the best care in south Florida from him and consider myself lucky to have found him.
Apr 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
My visit with Dr. Chenven's office was great! I found Dr. Chenven to be very thorough. He first discusses your health history in order to understand your background. He is extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He takes as much time as you need to discuss your physical concerns. He came up with a great plan and gave wonderful advice to help solve my problem. I highly recommend Dr. Chenven.
Beverly M – Jan 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr. Chenven is an excellent urologist in every possible way. Initially went for an office visit which was very thorough including various tests. All equipment state of the art. He personally explained the results and procedure he was recommending and the reasons for his recommendation. Ultimately he performed Greenlight Laser Therapy which is an outpatient hospital procedure to treat an enlarged prostate. I am 76 years old and I am totally amazed after years and years of seeing other urologists and taking medication at the success of the procedure performed by Dr. Chenven. He is totally skilled at all related current treatments etc. His office is run very well with a large staff. They understand there can be stress and act appropriately. Kudos to Dr. Chenven and the entire practice for skill and professionalism. Very pleased and recommend.
Emile W. Pompano Beach, FL – Oct 12, 2021
Thank you very much for your kind words about me...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I can't really rate Dr. Chenven because I never saw him. My appointment was for 10:40. I was told to print a slew of forms and bring them with me to save time. So I did. I was told to arrive 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment. So I did. I was told I had to pay co-pay immediately. So I did. At 11:45 I was walked into the back, and the nurse handed me a specimen cup and pointed to a bathroom door. I thought it was odd to be doing this before I even saw the doctor, but again I complied. I was then put in another waiting area. Then another nurse took me inside, asked a few questions, and told me to continue waiting as they were "slammed." No apology, no estimate of how much longer, nothing. At this point it was almost noon. I waited until 12:10PM, and simply left, as I had to go back to work. NOW I understand why they wanted the co-pay up front. As far as I'm concerned, this unprofessional operation was THE most unpleasant experience I've ever had in a dr's office.
  • Long wait times
Ted – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I just left the office and HAVE to write this review... I read about the Doctor being "brash and pompous." He is amazing at listening, calling me on my mistakes, left side versus right side and an INCREDIBLE doctor. I went in for one thing and he told me about two other issues I have (asked me questions) and addressed them immediately... Jessica is wonderful when making the appointment, LeAnn with check in.. but Dorothy took me to another world... she is funny while being attentive and had me laughing and being glad I was here... Dr. Chenven is not for anyone who can't handle the truth... or don't want to be held responsible for their words... He is truly a professional... in EVERY way... and a personality.... Thank you all!!!
Lawrence Wald – Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Chenven for about 7 years. Excellent clinician, great bedside manner. His office personnel is terrific. Best Urologist and Urology Surgeon in Ft Lauderdale!
Edward – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Like other patients, I found Dr. Chenven to be a bit brash and pompous. However, I have heard that, while he is a little out there, he knows his stuff. My concern is time. My appt. was for 2:30. I was not seen by Dr. Chenven until 4:40. I left the office at 5:50. And I wasn't the last patient being seen that day. Just prepare for a long wait, even if you do have an appointment.
Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Very pleasant staff. Dr. Chenven answers all my questions and goes further to explain things. I received the shockwave treatment for ED, and it does work.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I had seen a few Urologists before I found Dr. Chenven. And after meeting him I knew I had made the right choice. He took the time to review my file thoroughly and completely with me. He was knowledgeable and able to discuss all of my options and alternatives. He was caring, compassionate and kind. I found him to be a rather personable physician. I felt as if he cared about me and was willing to help me as others would/could not. Finally, I would like to thank him for helping me. He took excellent care of me and my life is now much better because of him.
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr. Chenven uses a very conservative approach. Not just pill happy for an easy fix. He listens well to your concerns and feedback. Very thorough in his work.
May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
We missed a 2 wk follow-up from an appt 1 yr ago. An appt 1 yr later, and after a 2 hr wait, his 1st words: “Well, I guess this is your follow-up appt since you missed the last one”. He did NOT examine my Mother. I had to urge him to test her urine sample. All he did was suggest she take a cranberry pill! It’s appalling he would “punish” a 92 y/o woman for missing a year old follow-up appt and put his EGO before the health of any patient, let alone a 92 y/o woman. He dishonors the profession!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Contacted Dr Chenven's office regarding the P-Shot. I asked how much for the procedure which should be about $800. Even then, huge margins for the Dr considering the kit they purchase to perform is $200 to $300 so $500 profit for an hours work. But I could not even get a price. Staff stated I have to come in for a consultation, they don't quote over the phone. I waited 2 weeks, drove an hour to get there and when I arrived, ha, $250 fee for the consultation. Really, I guess some Dr's don't reali
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Jay in WPB in Lake Worth, FL – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Makes one feel at ease, very knowledgeable. So easy to speak with.
Gilbert Valdivia in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Oct 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
This doctor is quick to prescribe drugs without evidence that they will do more good than harm - and even without good evidence (pain, blood, etc.) that the drug is needed. I was prescribed a risky antibiotic to "see if it helps". I returned to my family doctor to question it. A urine culture was done and no evidence of an infection was found. He is also not a careful listener.
Jim – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr Chenven provided conservative care and excellent advice. The results of the green light laser prostrate procedure undertaken significantly improved my quality of life. I would highly recommend Dr Chenven
Dave in Fort Lauderdale – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
My husband and I are snowbirds from Connecticut. I had a kidney removed due to cancer. Coming to Florida for many years ,now with the surgery I felt it necessary to find a competent physician here. I did with Dr. Chenven. When I am here for a follow up exam he LISTENS to me fully. He also communicates with my doctor at home. As a retired medical professional I can say with certainty Dr. Chenven is a great choice.
Connecticut – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr. Eric Chenven changed my life..for the better; and now I CAN PEE! Seriously, I respect this guy as much as I respect any medical professional I have ever been associated with and I highly recommend him for all urological needs. I was not able to urinate without exerted effort for many many months. I had visited several doctors, but not until seeing Dr. Chenven was my problem resolved. He did some surgery to open up the flow and BAM! I was better than ever…it has been almost a year now.
Patrick Farley in Fort Lauderdale, FL – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr. Chenven spent a lot of time with me today discussing my medical history and condition. Very detailed and answered all of my questions and proactive ways to proceed. I am very impressed with his knowledge and feel very informed. It is not often a Dr. will spend quality time with a patient. This was not the case with my experience. Excellent Dr. and office visit.
PHIL SPARROW in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
While the office staff can use a bit more of courtesy and professionalism and as such I can agree with the other patient that completed the survey, I find Dr. Chenven as a courteous, knowledgeable, capable and patient physician. He spend whatever time was needed with me until the issue/s were answered.
Jaime B. Baczkowski in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
An impressive and highly knowledgeable physician. Saw him 3 times about an issue that turned out to be misdiagnosed by another doctor. He checked me thoroughly and found no such condition, which I might add was verified from a required physical with the V A Clinic. Thank goodness I sought a second opinion. Otherwise I would have been subjected to unnecessary medication and etc. Dr Chenven is very personable, friendly, patient, and explains things well. The staff are efficient and kind.
c graham in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chenven?