Dr. Eric Chenven, MD

UrologyMaleAge 50

Telehealth services available

2150 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Dr. Eric Chenven, MD is a Urology Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Chenven has more experience with Urologic Care and Calculi (stones) than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University medical school in 1996. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Broward Health Imperial Point and Broward Health Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chenven to book an appointment.

Compare with other Urology Specialists

Compare Dr. Chenven with our nearby Urology Specialists at Westside Regional Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Westside Regional Medical Center today at (954) 228-6028.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Westside Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Chenven's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chenven

3.4

Dr. Chenven?
  • Explained conditions well (39)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (38)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (38)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (19)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (17)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (17)
I just left the office and HAVE to write this review... I read about the Doctor being "brash and pompous." He is amazing at listening, calling me on my mistakes, left side versus right side and an INCREDIBLE doctor. I went in for one thing and he told me about two other issues I have (asked me questions) and addressed them immediately... Jessica is wonderful when making the appointment, LeAnn with check in.. but Dorothy took me to another world... she is funny while being attentive and had me laughing and being glad I was here... Dr. Chenven is not for anyone who can't handle the truth... or don't want to be held responsible for their words... He is truly a professional... in EVERY way... and a personality.... Thank you all!!!
Lawrence Wald – Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Chenven for about 7 years. Excellent clinician, great bedside manner. His office personnel is terrific. Best Urologist and Urology Surgeon in Ft Lauderdale!
Edward – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Like other patients, I found Dr. Chenven to be a bit brash and pompous. However, I have heard that, while he is a little out there, he knows his stuff. My concern is time. My appt. was for 2:30. I was not seen by Dr. Chenven until 4:40. I left the office at 5:50. And I wasn't the last patient being seen that day. Just prepare for a long wait, even if you do have an appointment.
Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Very pleasant staff. Dr. Chenven answers all my questions and goes further to explain things. I received the shockwave treatment for ED, and it does work.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I had seen a few Urologists before I found Dr. Chenven. And after meeting him I knew I had made the right choice. He took the time to review my file thoroughly and completely with me. He was knowledgeable and able to discuss all of my options and alternatives. He was caring, compassionate and kind. I found him to be a rather personable physician. I felt as if he cared about me and was willing to help me as others would/could not. Finally, I would like to thank him for helping me. He took excellent care of me and my life is now much better because of him.
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr. Chenven uses a very conservative approach. Not just pill happy for an easy fix. He listens well to your concerns and feedback. Very thorough in his work.
May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
We missed a 2 wk follow-up from an appt 1 yr ago. An appt 1 yr later, and after a 2 hr wait, his 1st words: “Well, I guess this is your follow-up appt since you missed the last one”. He did NOT examine my Mother. I had to urge him to test her urine sample. All he did was suggest she take a cranberry pill! It’s appalling he would “punish” a 92 y/o woman for missing a year old follow-up appt and put his EGO before the health of any patient, let alone a 92 y/o woman. He dishonors the profession!
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Contacted Dr Chenven's office regarding the P-Shot. I asked how much for the procedure which should be about $800. Even then, huge margins for the Dr considering the kit they purchase to perform is $200 to $300 so $500 profit for an hours work. But I could not even get a price. Staff stated I have to come in for a consultation, they don't quote over the phone. I waited 2 weeks, drove an hour to get there and when I arrived, ha, $250 fee for the consultation. Really, I guess some Dr's don't reali
Jay in WPB in Lake Worth, FL – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Makes one feel at ease, very knowledgeable. So easy to speak with.
Gilbert Valdivia in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Oct 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
This doctor is quick to prescribe drugs without evidence that they will do more good than harm - and even without good evidence (pain, blood, etc.) that the drug is needed. I was prescribed a risky antibiotic to "see if it helps". I returned to my family doctor to question it. A urine culture was done and no evidence of an infection was found. He is also not a careful listener.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jim – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr Chenven provided conservative care and excellent advice. The results of the green light laser prostrate procedure undertaken significantly improved my quality of life. I would highly recommend Dr Chenven
Dave in Fort Lauderdale – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
My husband and I are snowbirds from Connecticut. I had a kidney removed due to cancer. Coming to Florida for many years ,now with the surgery I felt it necessary to find a competent physician here. I did with Dr. Chenven. When I am here for a follow up exam he LISTENS to me fully. He also communicates with my doctor at home. As a retired medical professional I can say with certainty Dr. Chenven is a great choice.
Connecticut – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr. Eric Chenven changed my life..for the better; and now I CAN PEE! Seriously, I respect this guy as much as I respect any medical professional I have ever been associated with and I highly recommend him for all urological needs. I was not able to urinate without exerted effort for many many months. I had visited several doctors, but not until seeing Dr. Chenven was my problem resolved. He did some surgery to open up the flow and BAM! I was better than ever…it has been almost a year now.
Patrick Farley in Fort Lauderdale, FL – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Dr. Chenven spent a lot of time with me today discussing my medical history and condition. Very detailed and answered all of my questions and proactive ways to proceed. I am very impressed with his knowledge and feel very informed. It is not often a Dr. will spend quality time with a patient. This was not the case with my experience. Excellent Dr. and office visit.
PHIL SPARROW in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
While the office staff can use a bit more of courtesy and professionalism and as such I can agree with the other patient that completed the survey, I find Dr. Chenven as a courteous, knowledgeable, capable and patient physician. He spend whatever time was needed with me until the issue/s were answered.
Jaime B. Baczkowski in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
An impressive and highly knowledgeable physician. Saw him 3 times about an issue that turned out to be misdiagnosed by another doctor. He checked me thoroughly and found no such condition, which I might add was verified from a required physical with the V A Clinic. Thank goodness I sought a second opinion. Otherwise I would have been subjected to unnecessary medication and etc. Dr Chenven is very personable, friendly, patient, and explains things well. The staff are efficient and kind.
c graham in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I met Dr. Chenven in the hospital after a serious episode with a kidney stone. I had never had a stone prior to this episode and the experience, professionalism, and knowledge that Dr. Chenven possessed was clear immediately. He was able to explain procedures that were available to me, which in turn, enabled me to make clear and confident choices concerning my diagnosis. Dr. Chenven has a delightful sense of humor and a caring attitude. I also found his staff to be competent and endearing.
Mary Sue Hishmeh in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I would not be participating in this survey if it wasn't for Dr. Chenven. As I was turned away by another doctor, he stepped up to the plate and took on my case. I had kidney cancer. He is caring, precise, brilliant, resourceful and expediently gets you the medical care you need. And that is the short description of the kind of doctor he is. If the need arises, your best day would be the day you are cared for by Dr. Chenven.
D. Ringel in Tamarac, FL – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
I am extremely pleased with Dr . Chenven. Having gone to him for the past ten years I am totally confident in his abilities in address my particular medical needs to include bladder cancer and enlarged prostate. I would not hesitate at all in recommending him.
Mr. J in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Nov 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?
Doctor is average, a bit aloof. His office staff are rude and condescending - more than typical for a S. Florida doctor's office. Nobody will answer a phone, calls go directly to voicemail and are not returned. I would suggest you find another urologist as this practice is far below average.
Fredrick R in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Nov 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Chenven, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chenven?

• Urology