Dr. Eric C. Burdge, MD

Dr. Eric C. Burdge, MD

Breast Surgical Oncology | Male

Commonwealth Physicians Network 190 Welles St, Forty Fort, PA 18704 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I believe patients undergoing breast cancer treatment deserve good, honest, compassionate care. I am committed to providing the highest quality care in a supportive and comforting environment. I have a patient-centered philosophy, meaning you have the right to expect special attention while receiving cancer treatment. During this trying time, we will support you and meet your physical and emotional needs. We subscribe to the Team Approach using physicians, surgeons, and nurse navigators.Read more

Dr. Burdge's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Burdge's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burdge

Dr. Burdge accepts 36 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Burdge has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Burdge's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burdge to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Burdge
Dr. Burdge's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (27)
Dr. Eric C. Burdge, MD says

I am humbled and very appreciative of the patients that take the time to share with the breast cancer community their honest experience with the care I render to them and their family members.

They simply and honestly confirm my belief that patients undergoing breast cancer treatment deserve good, honest, compassionate care. I am committed to providing the highest quality care in a supportive and comforting environment. I have a patient-centered philosophy, meaning you have the right to expect special attention while receiving cancer treatment. During this trying time, we will support you and meet your physical and emotional needs. We subscribe to the Team Approach using physicians, surgeons, and nurse navigators.

in Wilkes-Barre, PA |
Dr. Burdge is phenomenal--nothing short of an answer to my prayers! He is enthusiastic about his job as a breast cancer surgeon. He operated on me--I had a very complex cancer--and his work was nothing short of OUTSTANDING. He is a lifesaver. He is compassionate, kind, and takes as much time as you need to process the new of breast cancer. Best surgeon in the Valley!!!!
in Wilkes Barre Township, PA |
What a blessing it was to find Dr. Burdge!!! He diagnosed my breast cancer and was able to offer me a nipple-sparing mastectomy and I am thrilled by the work both he and Dr. Sanders did for me! Both are so patient and understanding, the epitome of compassion and selfless service to women!
in Wilkes Barre, PA |
Love this doctor!!!! He is patient, kind, and understanding, but most of all he KNOWS his stuff! Very well informed. Explains everything to me so that I can understand it. He is so very reassuring. I had breast cancer and he saved my life. Exceptional team of nurses and office staff. Do yourself a favor and go to him--he is the only fellowship-trained breast surgeon in the Valley!
in Wapwallopen,Pa. |
Dr. Burge is an amazing surgeon. He advised me step by step, the type of cancer I had,and the different treatments available. It is because of Dr. Burge that I am now cancer free. Thank you with all my heart.
in Wilkes Barre, PA |
Absolutely stellar! Would recommend again and again. Always above par. Outstanding diagnostics. Great surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Eric C. Burdge, MD?

Compare Dr. Burdge

Why It Matters: Dr. Burdge's Board Certifications

• Complex General Surgical Oncology
  • General Surgery

Dr. Burdge says..

I am a board-certified general surgeon who has completed an Interdisciplinary Surgical Oncology Breast Fellowship at UAMS-Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute under the tutelage of Dr. V. Suzanne Klimberg. I also serve as the State Air Surgeon (SAS) for the Arkansas Air National Guard.

As a surgeon interested in breast disease, I am educated in a multimodality fashion, developing knowledge of benign and malignant conditions. I am trained in molecular epidemiology; genetics; screening and detection; breast imaging; benign breast disease/breast pain; behavioral, medical, surgical, pathological and radiation oncology; biostatistics, and clinical trial design and analysis.

Finally, for five years I served as a Clinical Professor for surgery residents at Keesler Medical Center in Biloxi, MS which is the largest surgical residency program in the United States Air Force.

Specialties: Surgical Breast Oncology, Breast Diseases (benign and malignant), General Surgery, Aerospace Medicine.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Breast Abscess
  • Breast Tumor
  • Breast, Unilateral Giant
  • Carcinoma in Situ

Dr. Burdge says..

As the State Air Surgeon (SAS), I ensure the State maintains a viable and healthy force for worldwide deployment. I coordinate with the State's Army National Guard Surgeon as well as other ANG SASs within the Federal Emergency Management Agency region to identify military medical capabilities. I facilitate appropriate use of medical assets mobilized for state or national emergencies and exercise staff oversight of ANG medical activities. As the senior ANG medical officer in the State, I serve as consultant to the Adjutant General (TAG) for all medical issues. I also liaison between NGB/SG and all medical units within the State.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Ablation
  • Ultrasound, Breast
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
  • Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy
  • Ultrasound-Guided Mammotome® Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Cornell University Medical College

Graduated in 1989

• Other Education
    Aerospace Medicine Replacement Training Unit Workshop

Completed in 2013

Primary Aerospace Medicine Curriculum Awarding Of Aeronautical Wings and Flight Surgeon Status

Completed in 2012

The University Of Washington (Phd-Bioengineering)

Completed in 1996

Usaf School Of Aerospace Medicine

Completed in 2012

Dr. Burdge does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burdge and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Burdge's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Breast Surgical Oncology
  • Board certified in Complex General Surgical Oncology and General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Burdge

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Burdge's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Burdge

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Burdge's Care Philosophy