Dr. Eric Britton, MD

Dr. Eric Britton, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |

Dr. Eric Britton, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Englewood, CO. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years.

Hand Surgery Associates

601 E Hampden Ave Ste 500

Englewood, CO 80113

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • Cofinity
  • CompCare
  • CorVel

Learn about Dr. Britton

See how frequently Dr. Britton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hands
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Britton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Britton "Eric Britton, M.D., a board certified hand and upper extremity surgeon, has been with Hand Surgery Associates since 1993. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Dartmouth College with a bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, moving on to receive his medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Britton then completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Northwestern University. His surgical education was capped off with a prestigious hand and upper extremity fellowship at the Christine Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery in Louisville, Kentucky. Dr. Britton was a principle investigator in the national research trial studying effective medications for the treatment of Dupuytren's Disease resulting in the recent FDA approval of Xiaflex . Dr. Britton has treated children with traumatic injuries and congenital anomalies through the Hand Clinic at The Children's Hospital for over 15 years. He is a consultant at Craig Hospital in Denver, providing upper extremity reconstructive options for patients with debilitating spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries. Dr. Britton is also the upper extremity consultant for National Jewish Hospital where he provides treatment for patients on a national referral level who have rare upper extremity infections. He is an active Fellow in the American Society for Surgery of the Hand as well as a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. His professional affiliations also include Porter Adventist Hospital, Littleton Adventist Hospital, Rose Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center, and Parker Adventist Hospital."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Extremity Malunions
  • Extremity Nonunion
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst

• Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Dartmouth College

• Magna Cum Laude, Dartmouth College, 0/0/0
  • Hampar Kelikian Research Fund, 1992
  • For this information please visit our website www.hsacolorado.com.,
  • For this information please visit our website www.hsacolorado.com.,

Dr. Britton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Britton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Britton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Britton to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Britton's Performance
Highlands Ranch |
Dr Britton did my wrist surgery years ago and i still am enjoying great results. With the other wrist having issues he explains and offers many conservative approaches to restored health. Thankful for his service! Office staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
in Denver |
Dr. Britton is a kind, caring and knowledgeable physician. He took time to examine and diagnose my condition with confidence. The Parker office staff were equally kind, caring and knowledgeably. Very efficient. Should you need a hand specialist, Dr. Britton and Hand Surgery Associates are who you are looking for.
Castle Rock, CO |
Excellent results on a complex elbow surgery. My golf game is back to normal! Also evaluated a cyst on finger and gave thorough explanation of why it was ok and how to monitor any future changes. Excellent doctor and top notch expertise!
Englewood, CO |
Dr Britton is very friendly and knowledgeable.
Denver, CO |
Great explanations of what he was checking for as possible diagnoses were discarded. Very easy to talk to and ask questions of during the exam.
in Taos, NM |
Very fast and efficient office. Dr Britton spent time with me evaluating my symptoms and history. His patience and expertise are much appreciated.
Castle Rock, CO |
I had both a wrist & elbow surgery done at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy things went for a double surgery. I was very nervous because if it wasn't done well enough I wouldn't be able to go back to work due to my job. He's extremely knowledgeable, experienced & answers all your questions efficiently. Good personality & manner & I had no glitches with surgery or therapy. Let me also say that he was my 2nd opinion prior to surgery & I went with him instead!
in Parker, CO |
Could not have been happier with Dr. Britton and his staff along with his physical therapy team! His knowledge and professionalism is top notch! He is an amazing surgeon and did what I feel to be a flawless job repairing my bicep with no issues! He is truly a master of his craft!
in Castle Rock, CO |
Have had a couple of appointments with Dr. Britton. Always pleasant, courteous & professional while taking the time to listen and explain solutions, procedures and recommendations. Highly recommended!
in Aurora, CO |
Having had a less than desirable experience with another hand surgeon (not at Hand Surgery Associates), I was hesitant about seeing another. However, Dr. Britton is definitely "a Keeper". He is professional and confident, yet very calm and personable in listening to my concerns. He explained my diagnoses in a way that made sense to me. He did not rush to surgery but opted to try a less invasive approach first. He actually looked at me when he talked - not focused on a computer screen.
in Boulder, CO |
Outstanding Doctor! Highly recommend him with any hand care needs you have.
Denver, CO |
ongoing hand issue he ordered an MRI finally
Aurora, CO |
Dr. Britton is very professional and makes me feel very comfortable at each visit.
in Castle Rock, CO |
We had full confidence in Dr. Britton after his thorough evaluation of my daughter's dislocated thumb. He gave us excellent care and was cognizant of her desire to return to sport quickly but safely. She accomplished exactly that with his guidance. Highly recommend him & his hand therapy team .
in Parker, CO |
Eric is the best doctor I know. He is a leader in his field and yet extremely personable in his office. He takes the time to make sure you understand the diagnosis and is an exceptional hand surgeon
Aurora, CO |
Dr. Britton is a very skilled surgeon, he moved my ulnar nerve perfectly.Surgery is where his passion lies. However, his bedside manner is severely lacking and he clearly prefers to do surgery versus minimally invasive procedures. Be prepared to get push back and feel judged if you don't want to do surgery, and if your case is potentially compounded by multiple issues, you will also be made to feel like you are intruding on his time because you are not cut and dry.
in Parker, Co |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Britton. It is very easy to talk to Dr. Britton and he always took time to answer questions in an easy to understand way. At the same time all my appointments with Dr. Britton were on-time and I never had a long wait to see him. It was easy to schedule appointments which tells me he does not over book himself like many other doctors I have dealt with. Overall my entire experience with Br. Britton and his staff was outstanding.
Aurora, Co |
Dr. Britton removed a cyst from my thumb. He is not friendly or personable, boardering on rude. He seemed sort of inconvenienced by my presence and procedure. I never saw him smile as he does in this photo. In the course of 3 months, the cyst reformed to be twice as large. He never mentioned that this was a possibility. I have made an appointment with another hand surgeon to have this second procedure. On the other hand, nursing & admin. staff and facility were awesome!
in Denver, CO |
I dislocated my finger and entered as a patient to Dr.Britton, unable to bend my finger at all. He prescribed PT twice a week for 5 months. When Dr. Britton evaluated, he said he would not consider surgery and dismissed me as a patient saying my finger is what it shall be. I am still unable to bend without substantial forced manipulation. Additionally, I had to contact the billing numerous of times to instruct them on how to properly bill/code my insurance and correct my bills. So frustrating.
in Castle Rock, CO |
After shaking hands with an AFA football player the back of my hand swelled up to the size of a softball. Dr. Britton performed surgery fixing the problem leaving and no visible scar. Thank you so much Dr Britton for saving my hand.
in Denver, CO |
I had fractures in my right hand and left elbow he still insisted the nurse put my IV in my broken elbow. He said, Just do it then turned and walked away. She put it in my hand, When I pointed out to him at my 2nd post-op appointment I still could not move my wrist despite NEVER missing a PT appt he said there was no reason for that and then wanted to talk about a second surgery to remove hardware. I am 41 years old, unable to turn door knobs use keys and many other things, he doesn't care,
Have you seen Dr. Eric Britton, MD?
Are you Dr. Britton?

Visit Dr. Britton

Dr. Britton accepts 42 insurance carriers
    Whole Health Colorado Front Range
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Parker, CO 80138
Porter Adventist Hospital
2525 S Downing St
Denver, CO 80210

More Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists like Dr. Britton at Hand Surgery Associates

Hand Plastic Surgery Specialist