Dr. Eric F. Berkman, MD

Dr. Eric F. Berkman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 54 years old

20 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

I feel what makes me unique is that my staff and i give 110 percent to each patient so they feel comfortable to make the right decision for the treatment of their condition. We spend time with each patient, provide videos and literature to address any questions or concerns. I have excellent outcomes after 20 years in private practice in both the conservative and surgical treatment arenas. If I don't feel that i can help a patient with a specific problem that I may not treat, then I will find the right physician to help with the treatment plan. We have over 95 orthopedic surgeons in our group so if I can't help, we will find someone who can.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Berkman's Experience

See how Dr. Berkman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Berkman

Dr. Berkman accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Berkman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Berkman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berkman to family and friends
Dr. Berkman's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Berkman has performed 3 surgeries on me through the years. I highly recommend him. I consider him to be an excellent physician and a very fine person.
in Houston, TX |
Dr.Berkman sent me to foot specialist, MRI because he couldn't pinpoint my pain, lost my medical records during his office move, did not provide physical therapy referral paper although dozen of correspondences took place over THREE MONTHs. More than 1- 1/2 year later, he sent me a bill for his service! I called my insurance and find out when Berkman made his move, he failed to tell me his new affiliation is not in network. How can you do this in the middle of a treatment? Zero trustworthiness
in Missouri City, TX |
It is probably rare for orthopedic surgeons to have repeat patients. Dr. Berkman repaired a rotor cuff tear in my left shoulder 13 years ago. When I started having problems with my right shoulder earlier this year, I knew exactly who I wanted to treat it based on my past experience. Now, just 3 months after repairing a complete rotor cuff tear and removing bone spurs from my right shoulder, I am nearly 100% again, and I owe it all to a great surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Berkman.
Have you seen Dr. Eric F. Berkman, MD?
Are you Dr. Berkman?

Dr. Berkman says...

I feel it's very important that I and my staff give 110% to every patient. We spend time with each patient so they feel comfortable to make the right decision for the treatment of their condition.

Undergraduate - University of Texas – AustinEducation B.A. Biology / Psychology1984

Postgraduate - University of TexasEducation Health Science Center – San Antonio M.D. Degree1989

• Internships - Training Louisiana State UniversityMedical Center – Shreveport Transitional Internship 7/1/89-6/30/9
    • Louisiana State UniversityMedical Center – Shreveport Orthopaedic Surgery Internship7/1/90-6/30/91
  • Residencies
    • Louisiana State UniversityMedical Center – ShreveportOrthopaedic Surgery Residency7/1/91-6/30/95
  • Fellowships
    • Spine and Trauma FellowshipDr. E. Morscher and Dr. Gachter, Baseland St. Gallen, Switzerland 9/4/95 – 10/31/95
    • Offices Held and Memberships
      • Foundation Surgical Hospital Governing Board 2008
      • River Oaks Hospital Orthopaedic Trauma Director 2008
      • Foundation Surgical HospitalOperating Room Committee 2007
      • Good Samaritan FoundationBoard of Trustees 2004-2008, 2009-2012
      • Governing BoardRiver Oaks Surgical Center2000-2008
      • Governing Board ChairmanRiver Oaks Surgical Center 2002-2003
      • Orthopaedic Section ChairmanMemorial Hermann Hospital Southwest 2005-2006
      • Infection Control Committee of theMedical Staff of Memorial Southwest Hospital for the year 1998
      • Head of Trauma Committee Memorial Southwest Hospital1996-1997, 1998-1999
      • Memorial Family Practice ProgramVolunteer Faculty Memorial Hermann Southwest
      • Orthopedic Service Line Memorial Hermann Southwest
      • Quality Assessment Committee1997-1998-1999
      • Patient Satisfaction Committee Memorial Southwest Hospital
      • President, House StaffLouisiana State University Medical Center 1990-1994
      • Outstanding Resident of the Year Louisiana State University Medical Center Shreveport 1993
      • Harry Morris AwardLouisiana Orthopaedic Association Resident Competition October, 1993
      • 14th Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference Best Resident Paper Shreveport April, 1995
      • Publications
        • E.F. Berkman, R.N. Kruse, D.P. Mukherjee, K.K. Sadasivan and J.A. Albright: Relationship between Bone Mineral Density and Burst Fracture Load: A Biomechanical Study. Transactions of Orthopaedic Research Society, 19 (2):530, 1994
        • E.F. Berkman, R.N. Kruse, D.P. Mukherjee, K.K. Sadasivan and J.A. Albright: A Comparative Biomechanical Evaluation of the Thoracolumbar Burst Fracture in Human and Canine Specimens. Orthopaedic Transactions, J. Bone Joint Surg., 18 (2) : 517, 1994
        • E.F. Berkman, R.N. Kruse, D.P. Mukherjee, K.K. Sadasivan and J.A. Albright: A Method to Characterize Burst Fractures. Proceedings of the 1995 Fourteenth Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference, pp 51-52, Apr. 1995
        • E.F. Berkman, R.N. Kruse, D.P. Mukherjee, K.K. Sadasivan, J.A. Albright: A Comparative Biomechanical Evaluation of the Thoracolumbar Burst Fracture in Human and Canine Spines. Submitted for publication
        • E.F. Berkman: The Effect of Unilateral Application of Local Hemostatic Agent in a Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty. Sept. 2005

Dr. Berkman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Berkman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Berkman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Berkman's Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Spine and Trauma Dr. E. Morscher and Dr. Gachter in Basel Switzerland

Completed in 1995

University of Texas / Austin Campus / School of Medicine

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Berkman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berkman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Knee Surgery