Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Benjamin

Ambulatory Care Building

1919 E Thomas Rd Bldg 2108 Phoenix, AZ 85016

Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University in 1983 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Benjamin accepts

Dr. Benjamin accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ

2 disciplinary actions Found
  • Disciplinary action in another state (1/27/2017)View details
  • Unprofessional Conduct (8/5/2016)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Benjamin's experience treating your condition or procedure

2.9

Dr. Benjamin?
Dr. Benjamin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD
I started seeing him when I was 8. After spending less than 10 minutes with me he diagnosed me with 3 different disorders. I was on 6 different medications for over 9 years. All to counteract the other medication he added. The dosages were all for adults. Needles to say they made me feel so ill & drugged out I couldn't participate in school. My weight and physical health suffered as well. When I became an adult I chose to take myself off all the meds. It was like a fog had lifted. I could think clearly and I was able to retain information. I no longer felt depressed or had bouts of anger. Sadly that's not the case for my physical health as it caused permanent physical damage to my body. Despite his prediction that I wouldn't go anywhere in life without meds I am happy and I have a wonderful marriage and have healthy kids. I hope that parents will see this and research other options for their kids than heavy doses of meds. He does not have the best interest of your kids at heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?
Took no interest in my 6 year old’s history before diagnosing an adult psych disorder. Would not return calls or inform us of diagnosis. Prescribed inappropriate medication and discharged him from hospital on dose that led to toxic levels. Was demeaning and condescending during hospital staffing when we asked for rationale for diagnosis and medication choice so we could make informed decision and told us we weren’t doctors and couldn’t understand if he told us. Child got worse. Found new doc
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?
Dr. Benjamin has been mine and my family's psychiatrist since 2013. I am pleased with his care and clinical decisions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?
Dr Benjamin experiments with drugs on children. Despite protocols he irreverently tests his drug theory on innocent children.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Benjamin?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry