Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD

Dr. Benjamin
Telehealth services available

Valle Del Sol

3807 N 7th St Phoenix, AZ 85014

Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University medical school in 1983. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Benjamin to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Disciplinary action in another state (1/27/2017)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Benjamin's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders

Dr. Benjamin accepts

Dr. Benjamin accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Phoenix Standard

Dr. Benjamin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Benjamin

2.9

Dr. Benjamin

If I could leave a zero I would. He is horrid. The most arrogant and caustic person or 'doctor' I've ever encountered in my lifetime. DO NOT subject yourself or child to this man!
Arrogant and caustic!! – Jan 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?
Dr. Eric Benjamin of Scottsdale literally saved my adolescent’s life. My boy went from an almost-catatonic, anorexic, severely depressed teen to a healthy, thriving, balance young man ready to face the adult world. Thanks to Dr. B, my son has discovered the importance of staying on - and taking on a regular basis - his meds while balancing that with psychiatric and psychological therapies. He literally was an answer to prayer and I will forever be indebted to him.
CactusWrenMom – Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?
I started seeing him when I was 8. After spending less than 10 minutes with me he diagnosed me with 3 different disorders. I was on 6 different medications for over 9 years. All to counteract the other medication he added. The dosages were all for adults. Needles to say they made me feel so ill & drugged out I couldn't participate in school. My weight and physical health suffered as well. When I became an adult I chose to take myself off all the meds. It was like a fog had lifted. I could think clearly and I was able to retain information. I no longer felt depressed or had bouts of anger. Sadly that's not the case for my physical health as it caused permanent physical damage to my body. Despite his prediction that I wouldn't go anywhere in life without meds I am happy and I have a wonderful marriage and have healthy kids. I hope that parents will see this and research other options for their kids than heavy doses of meds. He does not have the best interest of your kids at heart.
Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?
Took no interest in my 6 year old’s history before diagnosing an adult psych disorder. Would not return calls or inform us of diagnosis. Prescribed inappropriate medication and discharged him from hospital on dose that led to toxic levels. Was demeaning and condescending during hospital staffing when we asked for rationale for diagnosis and medication choice so we could make informed decision and told us we weren’t doctors and couldn’t understand if he told us. Child got worse. Found new doc
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?
Dr. Benjamin has been mine and my family's psychiatrist since 2013. I am pleased with his care and clinical decisions.
Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?
Dr Benjamin experiments with drugs on children. Despite protocols he irreverently tests his drug theory on innocent children.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Angel in New York, NY – Apr 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Benjamin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Benjamin?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry