Dr. Eric Baker, MD

Dermatology •  Male • Age 62

Dr. Baker

Eric J Baker MD PA

26 Roper Corners Cir Greenville, SC 29615

Dr. Eric Baker, MD is a dermatologist in Greenville, SC and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from University Of Toledo College Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in dermatology.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baker

3.4

Dr. Baker?
Dr. Baker's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Eric Baker, MD
My family have been patients of Dr. Baker for over 25 years. He is a wonderful, caring physician. He always takes as much time as I need during my appointment. I have recommended him to many of my friends and family. His staff is very friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
I have struggled with cystic acne ever since I was a kid and have gone to several dermatologists and countless appointments over the last decade and a half. I tried so many different treatments from birth control to Accutane to many rounds of antibiotics and nothing ever made a lasting difference. I began going to Dr. Baker a few years ago and am so glad I did because by the second visit he'd pieced together that I likely had a hormonal imbalance based on the symptoms I described and how persistent my acne was. I am so glad I finally found a doctor who listens to his patient's concerns in order to decide a plan of action and doesn't just follow some predetermined list of steps of how to solve skin problems. For the first time in my adult life I don't have any active breakouts and I feel so much more confident in my own skin. The entire staff is friendly, respectful and helpful. I really can't say enough good things and would recommend Dr. Baker to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker gave me bad advice on a wart removal. In the end, I have a wart and over $500 owed to Dr. Baker. I will not be returning to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
Dr. Eric Baker rushed patient due to running behind schedule. Did not listen, did not explain anything, said to use a steroidal cream on the face that a dermatological nurse practitioner in another practice later said is too strong for the face, said seborrheic dermatitis has nothing to do with hair loss (not true). The nurse was rude and said the cost of the visit only covers the doc looking at three areas of the body (was not told this via phone when making the appt). Avoid this physician!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker really helped with my acne. I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
I've had skin challenges for 15 years and dealt with several providers which have provided excellent care. I was recommended by a provider to Dr Baker for his experience, methods and approach. When facing surgical and non-surgical options I believe Dr. Baker correctly identified the several conditions (including one new acute one) , shared his opinion about their examination, surveillance and treatment, allowed me to share my thoughts and concerns, and appropriately followed through with success
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker listened well to my concerns, was respectful during the exam, and explained issues clearly. His demeanor was patient, thoughtful and kind. The exam and questions took some time and it didn't feel to me as he was rushing at all. I had to wait 20 minutes, but with the quality of care I received, I don't mind. Plus, my appointment was at the end of the day and I imagine he gets a bit behind by then. I'm glad I was referred to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
The name of this practice is ironic. I would never trust my skin with James Baker.I had skin issues he didn't even address. All he did was try to force a medication for severe nodular acne on me, when I haven't had even 1 pimple in 4 years! (which he had samples of, so I believe he would have benefited if I filled that prescription) Makes no sense! Seeing him was such a waste of time and money. He also told me to not wash my face or use moisturizer. What a crock! Wish I could give 0 stars
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker listens to me and includes my opinions in his diagnoses and treatments . He's very easy to talk to and certainly is not an authoritarian-type doctor. His staff is among the friendliest in my healthcare experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with me. I have had a condition that itches, breaks out and moves around my body. It has swelling and outbreaks. My ears were stuck together for weeks and he says it obsessive/compulsive. Now it's my genitals and when he looked at them, told me there was nothing wrong with me. I can't even hardly walk. He has never even taken a blood sample and his examinations last about two minutes. All he tells me is to put prescribed cr?me on it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Baker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baker?

• Dermatology

1988
Wilford Hall Usaf
1983
Mercy Hospital
1982
University Of Toledo College Of Medicine

Dr. Baker accepts

Dr. Baker accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection