Dr. Eric Albright, MD

Dr. Eric Albright, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Eric Albright, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Denver, CO. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

950 E Harvard Ave Ste 660

Denver, CO 80210

• Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Albright

See how frequently Dr. Albright performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Albright's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Albright's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Albright "Dr. Albright is a Board Certified Specialists in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He has practiced Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism since 2001. In Denver he practiced as co-owner of Endocrinology Associates since 2005 and in 2015 he co-founded Endocrinology Specialists of Colorado and continues his private practice. Dr. Albright has a special interest in Thyroid Disease, Bone disease and Diabetes, though he enjoys and practices general Endocrinology. He received his undergraduate Bachelor of Science degree from Duke University in North Carolina and his Medical Degree from Wake Forest University also in North Carolina. Dr. Albright went on to complete his internship, residency and fellowship at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). He has been certified / trained to perform thyroid ultrasound, ultrasound guided biopsies, insulin pump management and bone density interpretation. Following completion of his fellowship, Dr. Albright was appointed an Assistant Professor of Medicine at UAB as well as Associate Scientist in the Center for Metabolic Bone Disease. Dr. Albright received awards for both clinical research and teaching while at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He was part of the internal medicine resident interview and selection committee and was very active in teaching medical students, physician assistants, nurses and medical residents. He has authored and published original clinical research, review articles, case reports, book chapters, CME review and board review materials. Dr. Albright also served as the Editor of 'Alabama's Diabetes Monitor' a quarterly educational publication for medical practitioners. While at UAB he was active in the clinical research units for both Endocrinology and Bone Metabolism. He has and continues to give numerous lectures covering many topics of Endocrinology. Once back in Denver, Dr. Albright focused on his private practice but continued to stay active in education and continues to give lectures in the field of Endocrinology and has returned to both Wake Forest Medical Center and UAB to give Endocrine Grand rounds. In Denver he has been selected and served in many leadership roles which include Chair of the Colorado Diabetes Advisory Council for the Colorado State Health Department, Board Member of the American Diabetes Leadership Board of Denver Colorado and has served as Co-Director of Endocrinology at Porter Adventist Hospital 2005-20010. Dr. Albright has received recognition for clinical excellence at a local level from his peers (5280 'Top Doc' ) as well as national recognition from evaluation from his patients (Patient Choice Award, Compassionate Doctor Award and Talk of the Town Recognition). Dr. Albright grew up in Denver and is a graduate of Manual High School. He considers Denver home and is near his family. He enjoys all the outdoor activities that Colorado has to offer. His wife and he are very involved in the community and some of the causes they support (both financially and with service on boards or committees) include public education (and together they chaired the Denver Public School's Foundation Gala 2014), Children's Hospital, Kipp Schools, Denver Kids, United Way, Denver Botanic Gardens, American Diabetes Association and the Community College Foundation of Colorado. Dr. Albright also finds time to coach his boys on various sports teams. He and his family enjoy Colorado and all the outdoor activities."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Pituitary Disease

• Bone Density Scan
  • Diabetes Counseling
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Wake Forest University School Of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Albright has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Albright does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Albright and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Albright's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Albright to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Albright's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Albright is a bright person seems to care about his patients. I would recommend the following improvements: 1 Become a better listener. Ask "what is your chief complaint" at every visit. 2 Order labs before the visit, not after 3 Pair up with a dietitian and personal trainer for an "integrative" suite of service. Many chronic disease sufferers need a whole body approach. Telling a patient to "improve their diet" and "get some exercise" doesn't go far enough. 4 Train the front desk to smile!
Lakewood |
I have seen Dr. Albright and his NP for almost a year. I find him to be very thorough.He orders just what labs need to be done and nothing extra. I have been very pleased that he does his own thyroid ultrasounds and biopsies as it is more convenient to see him directly rather than go to a radiology facility. He gets back to me on my lab results and questions using his patient portal and I always have my results by the next day after they are drawn. He is caring, good teacher.
denver |
After having been to this practice for over a year, I am no longer returning. I continue to be treated like someone who just got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. My thyroid is rarely examined and clearly this doctor cannot monitor my thyroid. I have never had such drastic labs up/down in over 25 years of having adult onset type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism. He treats patients with more meds, doesn't accept alternate more natural solutions that I proved worked. Always in a hurry, staff too!
Colorado Springs, CO |
My father has not seen Dr. Albright, so this review is not against him. This is regarding his schedulers. I have left 3 messages to schedule an appointment for my father who is post transplant. I have not received a call back. If you are not taking new patients, a courtesy call would be nice. I will find another Endocrinologist that would like to see my father. If Dr. Albright does not know that his schedulers do not call people back, then now you do.
in Littleton, CO |
Save your $$$ After my insurance paid $1600.00, my portion was $800.00 For what? I went to Dr. Albright to get a 2nd opinion on a small nodule on my thyroid. He saw me briefly, attempted to take a biopsy. He was unsuccessful and asked me to return a month later, so he could try again. After the bill came, I have repeatedly called and contacted the office to discuss the bill for the 2nd visit, which was his fault. After months, the horrible office staff is still ignoring me.
in Centennial, CO |
I had various questions and concerns when I came to my first appointment with Dr. Albright. He took the time to address my situation, and was very thorough. He made me feel at ease, took me seriously, and followed up appropriately. He has excellent social skills and is comforting. I highly recommend Dr. Albright.
If you prefer to blindly follow a doctor's orders, never question or inquire about your treatment plan or voice an opinion on the decisions being made and don't mind your legitimate concerns being dismissed, this is the place (and the Doctor) for you. If, on the other hand, you are actively involved in your treatment plan, are reasonably educated as to the medical issues you are facing and feel that the doctor/patient relationship should be a partnership, not a dictatorship, go elsewhere.
in Aurora, CO |
Being a type 1 diabetic he was really bad on treatments, his staff was worse. Most of the time it would take over 2 weeks to have them call in a prescription for insulin, this was a constant battle to get insulin from him and his office, at times I would be with out insulin for weeks and my sugars would run up to 600+ each day. To get a new insulin pump it would take almost a act of God. My insulin pump was 18 months out of warranty before I could get a new one, no choice but to get a minimed
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Albright is one of the best Docs for whom I've had the pleasure to be a patient. Besides being close in age, he is funny, sociable, kind, understanding, and a damn good doctor to boot. I look forward to my visits with him as we usually laugh throughout the appointment, and he always gives me much needed reassurance and positivity about my ailment. Dr. Albright is a fantastic Doctor with a lovely demeanor and I would not only recommend him, I would insist seeing him to friends and family!
in Lynchburg, TN |
I was his first Thyroid cancer patient at UAB in Birmingham, AL in 2001 ... it was a tougher cancer that first thought so it took a few years .. he was totally awesome with me! And I am still here! I really wish I lived closer to Denver .. as they have found an nodule in my thyroid bed and they are checking it out next week .. I would love to speak with him again :D
Have you seen Dr. Eric Albright, MD?
Are you Dr. Albright?

See our Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists at Swedish Medical Center

Visit Dr. Albright