Dr. Eric Acheson, MD

Dr. Eric Acheson, MD

Bariatric Surgery  |

Dr. Eric Acheson, MD is a bariatric surgery doctor who practices in Round Rock, TX. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

Capital Surgeons Group

301 Seton Pkwy Ste 102

Round Rock, TX 78665

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Learn about Dr. Acheson

See how frequently Dr. Acheson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
high
Obesity
high
Sleeve Gastrectomy

Dr. Acheson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Abdominal Surgery
  • Adjustable Gastric Banding
  • Appendectomy
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Bowel Obstruction Repair

Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Brooke Army Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Brooke Army Medical Center

Dr. Acheson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Acheson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Acheson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. David's South Austin Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Outstanding Patient Experience Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Acheson is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Acheson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Acheson to family and friends
Dr. Acheson's Performance
it was an outstanding visit. I really enjoyed Dr Acheson, at the St David Hospital seminar and his office visit was fantastic. Great staff, look forward to having him as my doctor.
I am very pleased with Dr. Acheson's and his staff. Very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to working with him very soon.
in Cedar Park Texas |
Dr Acheson performed my surgery October 30th of this year, I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. He spends as much time as needed and never acts rushed. He's very easy to talk to. I would recommend dr. Acheson 100%
HIGHLY recommend Dr Acheson. Very nice staff and he is very attentive and listens to your concerns.
Dr. Acheson was great to work with. Was very personable and easy to talk with. I felt very comfortable with him and would use him in the future if needed.
in Cedar Park, TX |
Dr. Acheson performed bariatric sleeve surgery on me six days ago, and I cannot believe that I am doing so well. I believe it is all due to the Dr. Acheson's expert surgery skills, his positive attitude that I needed so much,, and his sweet caring manner. He is the best doctor I have ever had, and I would highly recommend him to be your doctor. He is the only doctor in town that will ever do surgery on me in the future if I need one.
in Burnet, TX |
Dr. Acheson performed the Gastric Sleeve on me in January 2015. He did a fantastic job and I healed exceptionally well. I have since lost over 130lbs. I have recommended several friends to him that have had great success as well. He is caring, listens to you, is very knowledgeable and a GREAT motivator! I wouldn't have surgery done by anyone else!! He gave me my life back.
in Round Rock, Texas |
Dr. Acheson performed bariatric surgery on my recently and I cannot remember having a more upbeat, pleasant and professional medical provider. He is highly skilled and knowledgeable, and my surgery was an overwhelming success, to the point that I returned to work five days after my surgery with no pain and great results. I highly recommend Dr. Acheson.
in Austin, Texas |
Met him when I was in ICU at St. David's North. I had a necrotic small bowel obstruction. He believes in very good pain control both pre-surgery and post-surgery. NEVER had a moment pain!!! Very kind, professional and always had a warm, caring smile and manner. He's is THE ONLY Surgeon who I would EVER allow to touch me here in Austin!!! And an extra PLUS, he is VERY easy on the EYES, too!!!
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Acheson is dangerous. He performed a bariatric revision surgery on me in December, 2015, and he said he had done a couple before. Following surgery, I had no change to my anatomy and it was clear that Dr. Acheson did not have enough experience with this surgery to perform it. Weight loss surgery is very manageable, but please find other doctors outside of the Southwest Bariatric Group or the Capital Surgeons group that are more capable. Do you want success, or do you want them to pract
Have you seen Dr. Eric Acheson, MD?
Are you Dr. Acheson?