Dr. Eon Shin, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 46

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Eon Shin, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Langhorne, PA. Dr. Shin has more experience with Hand & Wrist Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Jefferson Bucks Hospital and Jefferson Methodist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shin to book an appointment.

New Patient?
Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center1203 Langhorne Newtown Rd Ste 335 Langhorne, PA 19047

• Practices at Top Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Shin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shin

Dr. Shin
Staff very helpful; from the front desk to the care coordinator. Dr. Shin is amazing. So kind, professional, and great at explaining my procedure.
Sep 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Dr.Shin is outstanding, he treats you like a person. Unlike some surgeons are all business. He explains everything that he is or will be doing to you.
Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Dr, Shin explains all options very well. So lucky to have his expertise in a suburban location and not have to go into the city.
Jun 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Dr. Shin has an unbelievable calm, respectful and sincere mannerism! A very kind, concerned, courteous surgeon! I would recommend Dr. Shin to everyone. I never felt so safe with any physician until Dr. Shin. After my first visit, I went home and told my wife how special he is. My procedure went exactly as he described with great results. If you're looking for the Best of the Best, look no further Dr. Shin is a shining Star!
Joseph Harris – Apr 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
All good. No problem making an appointment. Visit went on time. Staff friendly, helpful. Dr. Shin explained my diagnosis and what the surgery involved. Day of surgery, Dr. Shin met me during prep and explained the surgery again. After surgery, no pain at all. Did not use any of the pain meds he prescribed for me. Only had some discomfort once I was using my wrist. That's been less and less. Follow up visits went smoothly. Highly recommend.
Jim – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Dr. Shin was very professional, always asked if I had any questions and clearly explained things. He took his time and you did not feel rushed. The whole office was very well run.
Mar 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Dr. Shin is a wonderful professional. Pays attention to your concerns, asks questions and he actually listens. Great experience with the staff and Dr. Shin! Would absolutely recommend!
Nicoleta – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Dr. Shin has the most incredible bedside manner. He made a point of saying my name at every turn while we spoke which really helped develop a rapport and put me at ease. He genuinely cared about me and wanted to make sure I was well taken care of. He made sure I understood what the procedure entailed and addressed all my concerns. My finger looks great. The surgery was a success thank GD and thanks to Dr Shin.
Judi Feiner – Jan 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Dr. Shin has the best bedside mannerism ever! A very kind, concerned, courteous surgeon!
B Jenkins – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
I met Dr Shin thru the pandemic because I had Carpel Tunnel on both hands I went thru the most painful nites, cried myself to sleep. He recommended surgery did both hands 5mths apart and it was the best decision I made, Dr. Shin was the best no pain after and back to work within days. The funny thing is I seen Dr Shin while looking thru youtube on how they perform the surgery bc I was scared. It was like he was sent by God bc I was in so much pain. Dr Shin and his staff are the best if I can give them 10 stars I would. Thank you so much.
Nilsa Hernandez – Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Thank you Dr. Shin for helping me. You and your team were fantastic. Very professional, patient and very thorough. I highly recommend Dr. Shin and his team. 5 STARS.
Maria Ginelli – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
Couldn’t be happier with Dr Shin and his staff.
Allan – Dec 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
This was the first orthopedic procedure I have needed and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. The ligament repair for my thumb has been virtually painless and I am now looking forward to a complete recovery.
Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr.Shin’s since 2013 for the treatment and surgical release of trigger finger impairments. He is compassionate, informative, thorough, patient, direct, and warm.
Amy – Dec 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
My second visit with Dr Shin was to discuss my DRUJ impaction issue. I received a cortisone shot, which only lasted 4-5 days, which means I will need Ulna Shortening surgery. Has anyone had the Ulnar Shortening procedure? He has such a calming voice and explained things in detail. I definitely will travel the 210 mile round trip to have Dr Shin perform this rare surgery.
Ron – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
I had a worsening case of stenosing tenosynovitis, or "trigger finger." When I first visited with Dr Shin, he treated it with a cortisone shot, which lasted for about eight months. During that visit, he explained exactly what was going on in my hand and the steps we would take to relieve it. He even drew out a picture. At my second visit, I received another cortisone shot, which only lasted about four months. Next step was surgery. During the COVID-19 outbreak, my finger literally locked in the down position, and I knew it was time. Dr. Shin and his team got me in as soon as it was safe to do so. I appreciate that even though my finger was not life-threatening, that they never made me feel like it wasn't important to them. So thankful that I got the surgery and care that I received from Dr. Shin!
Barbara Jean May – Jul 23, 2020
excellent
RAY WALZ – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
I went to see Dr. Shin as a second opinion after an orthopedic "elbow specialist" in Doylestown told me that I had to have surgery--six weeks after the injury happened and having been in a cast for 25 days from the other doctor. Dr. Shin ordered tests (CT scan) that the other doctor did not. As a result, he observed things that the other doctor didn't and recommended that I go directly to physical therapy rather than have surgery. I believe his decision was the best. My elbow is 95% back to normal and, with all of the risks that surgery would have presented, my arm could have been much worse than before. I highly recommend Dr. Shin, not just for his wisdom and expertise, but for his caring bedside manner and professionalism. You won't be disappointed.
Lulu Murphy – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
At our initial meeting, Dr. Shin's calm demeanor, obvious passion for his craft, willingness to answer all my questions and wonderful bedside manner filled me with trust and confidence. I had no doubt I was in very capable, skilled hands, and felt I'd made the right choice of surgeons. On Jan. 7, 2020, using a local anesthetic, Dr. Shin did an excellent job of removing a mucous cyst from my left thumb. Two months later, the scar is negligible, recovery was faster than expected, with minimal need for PT, and I expect 100% range of motion within 2-3 more weeks. Thank you Dr. Shin for your expertise and for making me feel like I was your most important patient!
Barb E. – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?
I have had 2 trigger fingers released and a broken arm repaired where I needed surgery. Dr Shin's bedside manner is above and beyond what I have ever experienced. He listens with empathy, patience and answers all questions. His work is amazing. I barely have any scars and recovered with full range of motion with my arm after the break and surgery. I highly recommend him as he's truly the best all around!
Beth G. – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eon Shin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shin?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Frequently Treated by Dr. Shin

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Shin treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Shin treats other conditions, please contact the office at (215) 741-2707.

Hand & Wrist Surgery

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand & Wrist Surgery specialists.

Dr. Shin is experienced in the area of Hand & Wrist Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 24 conditions and procedures

• Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Shin accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Shin has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(215) 253-3875Find providers who accept this insurance

Eon K. Shin, M.D., brings to Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center an enthusiastic interest in clinical medicine, research, and education. He truly enjoys...Read more

A Magna Cum Laude graduate from Harvard University with a Bachelor of Arts in Biochemical Sciences, Dr. Eon Shin completed his medical education at some...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

UCLA Center For Health Sciences
1996
Harvard University

• Korean

• Executive Committee Staff Commendation, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2010
  • Certificate of Physician Excellence, St. Mary Medical Center, 2009
  • Executive Committee Staff Commendation, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2009