Dr. Emun Abdu, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Female · Age 40

Dr. Abdu
12039 NE 128th St Ste 500 Kirkland, WA 98034

Dr. Emun Abdu, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Kirkland, WA and has been practicing for 6 years. She graduated from University of Michigan Medical School in 2004 and specializes in neurosurgery, endovascular surgical neuroradiology, and more.

Dr. Abdu accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Abdu has indicated that she accepts most major insurance carriers

(425) 899-5590Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Abdu's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Intracranial Vessel Angioplasty and Stenting
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Receiving a neurological diagnosis can be difficult on the patient and their family, so I strive to create a unique level of trust and comfort with my patients and I encourage my patients to bring their family members into the conversation.
My ...

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abdu

Dr. Abdu?
Dr. Abdu's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Emun Abdu, MD
We are thankful for the wonderful care and the competence demonstrated by Dr. Abdu when treating our sister/daughter/mom who was diagnosed with a brain tumor. In what felt like a frightening and uncertain time, she brought calm and confidence. We knew from the moment we met with her that our girl was in the best of hands! Dr. Abdu and her team performed a successful surgery and her sincere and attentive care didn't stop there. She has stayed with us every step of the way through recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
We are extremely satisfied with the level of experience, profesionalism, and kindness my Mom received under Dr. Abdu's care and her team. During these difficult times, she helped us kept calm and even confident everything was going to be OK, took the time to explain all the options and risks, gave us time to discuss it, before performing a stent procedure. Also, she made us feel that she truly cares for her patients, almost like a part of her family. We highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Dr. Abdu performed a brain aneurysm clipping for me earlier this year, this was a craniotomy for a ruptured cerebral anuerysm with SAH. I have nothing but good things to say about her and her staff! She is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner. I had a great experience and am well on my way to recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
I met Dr. Abdu when I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. She performed a angioplasty procedure to coil the aneurysm. She was wonderful at explaining everything to me and my family before and after the procedure. We discovered that I had 2 more aneurysms and an AVM in my brain. I elected to have brain surgery to remove them. Dr. Abdu and her team have been with me every step of the way on this journey, and I could not be more grateful. I highly recommend her to anyone needing neurosurgical care
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Dr Emun Abdu is the very best. I had a Angioplasty and stent placement - carotid artery don on 2-26-2019. I am very happy! All went well and I must have added about 70 more years of life expectancy. Dr Abdu is very personal, truly cares about her patients, explains all the details verbally, in writing and through pictures. I felt totally safe with her. She is simply the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
I can highly recommend Dr. Abdu. My needs were urgent and were met with professional and responsive health care solutions. Very thorough and deliberate assessment and resolution and follow up. I can't thank you enough for your care when it was needed most. I am fully recovered and back to my routines. Kind regards, Dave.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
I had the good fortune to meet with Dr. Abdhu when came to Evergreen hospitalthru the emergency room as a referral from another hospital. I had had several strokes and had a blood clot on my right carotid artery that had been damaged by the radiation I received when I had been treated for cancer. Previously. I had been seen at one of the big Seattlehospitals and they didn't think they could deal with it surgically. Dr Abdu hexplained all my options and performed an angioplasty. The best Dr Ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Was extremely pleased with Dr. Abdu’s attention to every single concern I surfaced before my operation. Her ability to communicate on a level of absolute understanding for the patient, is astounding and extremely appreciated. I felt safe and respected. Thank you for your help, and your help to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
My husband was diagnosed with AVFistula recently and Dr Abdu did a procedure on my husband namely arteriovenous fistula that was embolized. Dr Abdu has the best bedside manner and she does treat each patient as she would treat her family. We are so thankful to God for getting Dr Abdu as our surgeon. We can't thank Dr Abdu enough. Thank you .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
My experience with Dr. Ebdu was wonderful. I came to her with 1 anuerysm detected at the hospital in Monroe. After she did my angiogram, a total of 4 were found. I was scared to death, and other health issues also complicated my case. Dr. Ebdu was calming influence for me. She was direct, and answered all questions. I am so happy she is my doctor. I would recommend her to any person who needs brain surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Dr, Abdu, did a miraculous brain surgery on me. I am overwhelmed at her expertise and the way she makes you feel when you are there. She is a very positive person. She makes sure you are confident in her, (in which I was totally), She sees you as a person not an object. I'm missing you already Dr. Abdu! Guess, I'm going to have to travel to Washington to have my surgery! You're an ANGEL sent from Heaven Dr. Abdu!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Dr. Abdu saved my wife. She performed an emergency SAH surgery on 30 Apr 2017 and, an additional aneurysm clip on 7 Aug 2017. Due to the location and configuration of these aneurysms, the surgeries were both very complex, with high risk for paralysis in both cases. They were eight and seven hours in length, respectively. She performed the second surgery, even though she had stopped doing surgery in preparation for her move to Washington. Why? Because my wife asked her to. She's the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
My dad had a stroke in 2014 he was flown to St Joseph's hospital were we came to meet Dr Abdu. She did surgery on his right side of the neck to clean out the artery. One year later Dr Abdu put a stint in the left side. My dad wouldn't be were he is today without Dr Abdu. We will go to wherever she is to have anything done in her expertise. St Joseph's and Tucson is losing a great surgeon and person. We love Dr Abdu!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Dr. Abdu. Is an excellent surgeon. My procedure went directly as planned. Every area was explained so my wife and I were very comfortable with the procedure. You can not have a better person for you Surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Dr Abdu was more then a blessing to us she has given me life again . No matter what time of day she was there for me. What doctor sits at home and worries more about her patients then her personal well being. What a truley beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for saving my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Dr. Abdu gave my husband and I a second chance at life! My husband had a sah and had to be coiled. He had a18 mm anuerysm rupture. If it weren't for the expertise, caring and good eye for every detail my husband and I would not be enjoying our everyday life as we do. When our anuerysm compacted she was able to recoil without adding a stent. Her time and energy and care for my husband during that surgery was amazing.ThankDr. Abdu
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Not sure if you it's appropriate to call spinal surgery a great experience, however all my fears have been taken care of and I'm grateful and healing. I had not been in a hospital for more than forty years because I had been healthy most of my life. Needing surgery at 71 was overwhelming and frightening. To state that I was mortified is an understatement. Here I am less than two months later and I am doing amazingly well. Thank you Dr. Abdu, Amy, and Rena. Also Dr. Dimitri and Jeff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
I believe she did a fantastic job and if this ever happens again I would definitely return to her. Everyone I saw was really great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
She is the most amazing doctor ever. My experience was beyond perfect. I am alive and grateful for her superior job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emun Abdu, MD?
Awesome Dr!! Caring, straight to the point n willing to help. Her knowledge of my problem let me be at rest....no worries. Positive attitude and honest answers made living my life 100% comfortable. Thank you for taking care of this old woman!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Abdu?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Abdu treats patients.

Compare Providers