Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male

Dr. Ugwuoke
1417 Chancellor Cir Bensalem, PA 19020

Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Bensalem, PA. He specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Ugwuoke's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ugwuoke

3.2

3.4482758620689653%
3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Ugwuoke?
Dr. Ugwuoke's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD
My daughter has been seeing Dr Manny for a long time now and me and my family are very blessed to have him as my daughter's doctor. Dr Manny is a respectful and very trusting doctor you don't have to worry about being rushed in his office he answers any questions and when my daughter doesn't understand he takes the extra time to explain it to her to make sure she understands what he is saying. Me and my family are very very pleased with his professional manners he is one doctor that puts his patients first and you can tell he is working to help people. Dr Manny is an amazing doctor with an amazing office staff who has helped my daughter out tremendously because of him she lives a normal life and you would never know she has a lot of health problems
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
After being a patient at Fountain Health for a year and a half, I had to switch my doctor to Dr. U because of my doctor’s termination. First visit was not pleasant he was not interested in my personal life as an LGBT patient. The second visit was worse when he asked if I was depressed and I told him I’ve actually been really happy lately I’m just concerned about my eating. So he told me the reason I’m not eating is because I’m depressed. After another unpleasant visit I made another appointment with him in 3 months but told him I might try to find a new doctor. Then next thing I know I need a refill and he refused to call me back for over a week so I came into the office to be told my medicine cant be refilled because I’m no longer his patient because he “doesn’t want a patient like me.” If he didn’t want me as a patient anymore the law states that he must explain it to me in writing which he never did and I was blindsided when it came time to refill my medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
I have been going here for over 5 years now. Dr.Manny is the most caring and thoughtful doctor I have ever come across! He truly cares about the patients well-being. He doesn’t just ask me how I am doing with the medication, he asks how my life is going. We have personal conversations about life and that truly shows how much he cares about all his patients. Even with a lobby full of people, you are never rushed. He makes the time for every patients needs. And the office staff is so nice and caring. Emily will bend over backwards and do anything/everything she can to help you. I feel like the other reviews on here are just people who had one bad experience or are seeking certain medications that are difficult to be prescribed or can not be prescribed at all. I would 100% recommend fountain health to everyone and anyone!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
We have been using Dr. Ugwuoke for quite a few years now for our child and he always takes the time to explain what he's doing and why he's doing it. He also takes the time to ask our son about his interests, hobbies, and school. His appointments do run late, but it's worth it knowing he take the time to listen and answer every question. I honestly cant believe these negative reviews he's been getting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
Dr. Manny literally almost killed me, prescribing me Trazadone along with Ziprasidone, a potentially fatal interaction (confirmed by Walgreens and optumrx). I am completely out of Oxcarbazapine and told his office that. He has a 15 minute "window" before he will reschedule you. I was one minute past the window this Monday. He refused to see me or give me a week long rx for the medication I was out of. I am unmedicated and unbalanced right now. He doesn't care. I will never return to this office.
Patricia, I find your claim that I, Dr. Manny...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
He is a competent physician that helped my daughters early on. "Bedside" manner is horrendous. After rescheduling appointments last minute due to the abundance of after school activities my kids have, I was blindsided with a $70 fee for rescheduling when we arrived the next day. He offered to "discount" the fee. I refused to pay it and left. Now they are making it impossible to get my daughters records transferred to their pediatrician (even after paying the $50 fee for it). It's a headache.
Hi Diana, I'm shocked to read your very negative...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
Very nice and professional, explanations are clear, will not over medicate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
Worst experience. I would not recommend Dr. Ugwuoke to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
In the first appointment with him he wasn't very friendly. I don't think he smiled once. During the appointment he was filling out the e-chart, which I could see along with the chat window to the pharmacy which contained other patient's names. He seemed very rushed as if I wasn't worth his time. He gave some questionable advice regarding pharmacy regulation and having to use the practice's pharmacy. He also gave some questionable advice regarding dosage and meds, contrary to standard practice.
In our practice, we strive to uphold the highest...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?
Rude, unprofessional, ignorant, only in it for the money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emmanuel Ugwuoke, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ugwuoke?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

Dr. Ugwuoke accepts

Dr. Ugwuoke accepts the following insurance:

Select
Amerihealth
Personal Choice PPO
Capital Blue Cross
Commercial Insurance Company
HealthPartners

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Ugwuoke's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ugwuoke treats this condition more than 51% of his peers

Dr. Ugwuoke's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis