Dr. Emily Waisbren, MD

Ophthalmology | Female

Dr. Emily Waisbren, MD
Dr Waisbren specializes in the medical and surgical management of cornea, cataract, refractive, and external diseases. Her surgical expertise includes corneal transplantation, cataract surgery, secondary intraocular lens placement, anterior segment reconstruction, and laser vision correction. Dr. Waisbren received her undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude and was elected Phi Beta Kappa. She completed medical school at Tufts University School of Medicine, and a Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship at Harvard Medical School. She completed her ophthalmology residency at Baylor College of Medicine and subsequently pursued a cornea and refractive surgery fellowship at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary under the direction of Drs. John Seedor and David Ritterband. Dr. Waisbren has published numerous articles, book chapters, and teaching videos. She has been invited to speak nationally and internationally on her research topics. She is dedicated to the well being of her patients and understands the role that vision can play in everyday life. Dr Waisbren is an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the Cornea Society, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), and the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).

Dr. Waisbren's Care Philosophy

I am accessible and available, and listen to my patients. I aim to deliver the highest quality medical and surgical care.

Dr. Waisbren's Experience

See how Dr. Waisbren's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Waisbren

Dr. Waisbren accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Waisbren is now accepting new patients
    Ophthalmic Consultants of Mount Sinai310 E 14th St Bldg 219
    New York, NY 10003
    (212) 505-6550Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Waisbren has admitting privileges.

Dr. Waisbren's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Waisbren to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Waisbren's Performance
    New York, NY |
    Just an amazing doctor. Emily is the best Ophthalmologist I have seen (pun intended). I referred both of my grandparents to her.
    in New York NY |
    In August, Dr Waisbren performed cataract and DSEK surgeries for me. I had never had quality vision in my left eye and after the surgery I have 20/20 vision and can read unaided with that eye. Axcording to what I researched, DSEK is one of the most sophisticated and precise microsurgical procedures performed by an eye surgeon and Dr. Waisbren did it exceptionally well. Dr. Waisbren explains everything that's going on very well and makes good decisions when there are issues. First rate Doc.
    New York, NY |
    Fantastic experience with Dr. Emily Waisbren. I would highly recommend here to anyone looking for Ophthalmology.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Waisbren and her team assisted my family with a highly unusual fungal eye infection. We were referred by another doctor, who had faith in Dr. Waisbren's expertise and her practice's cutting edge diagnostic equipment. We were incredibly impressed by Dr. Waisbren's professionalism, technical skills, and bedside manner. We are thrilled to have met Dr. Waisbren and feel she represents the best of the medical practitioners in New York City.
    in Queens N.Y. |
    Dr. Waisbren is my modern day Super Hero. I first entered her office with a significant eye infection, fearing i would lose or worsen my vision. I was in the worse pain. Getting around was almost impossible. This was my worst time ever. After being seen and evaluated she assured me I'd get better in time, the staff did nothing short of helping me.Dr Waisbren saved me i feel greatful to her. Her dedication. Her professionalism. Her knowledge and the way she went about healing me
    in New York, NY |
    Dr.Waisbren did an excellent job treating my husband, she was very informative about the treatment needed and reassured him about his outcome. The staff at the 14 street office and the office on 85th street are professional and courteous and he was able to schdule an appointment in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend Dr. Waisbren to friends and family.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Waisbren did an excellent job removing cataracts from each of my eyes and the follow up, more minor procedures required afterwards i her office. She explained the process thoroughly to me. Hr attitude was warm and supportive.
    Annemasse, ARA |
    I have had two interventions with Dr Waisbren recently…….the first a lens replacement, the second, cataract surgery. Both were successful, and I felt very confident in Dr. Waisbren's abilities. Trust was very important to me as I had had an experience four years ago that was not as pleasant, nor as successful. I would highly recommend Dr Waisbren.
    Woodcliff Lake NJ |
    Dr Waisbren gave my eye sight back. In early June '16, I had a routine cataract surgery by another doctor, resulting in bacterial infection. By early July, I could not see my 5 fingers inches in front of my face. I was sent to Dr Waisbren. Without delay (she consulted with her associates as well) she recommended surgery in 2 days. I had my Lasik flap removed in order to clean out the bacteria beneath it. By late Sept 2016 my eye sight was restored and I could see with my old glasses!
    New York, NY |
    Dr. Waisbren is very personable, she is tenacious about finding the proper treatment to help, tries different things if one isn't helpful.
    in Ridgewood, NY |
    very professional and personable doctor
    in New York, NY |
    Dr Waisbren performed surgery resulting in improved vision and I am entrusting her to do the same proceeding on the other eye. She is a caring and charming person, she explained everything she was doing in detail during surgery so I felt completely at ease. I would recommend Dr Waisbren with confidence to friends and family.
    New York, NY |
    Dr. Waisbren is an outstanding physician, she managed a complication following an operation performed in CT which required a corneal transplant and skillfully improved my mother's vision as a result. Additionally, she removed a cataract in my mother's other eye such that she can now resume driving after nearly a year. This has remarkably improved my mother's quality of life. I am a surgeon and can recommend Dr. Waisbren without reservation. She is a phenomenal and compassionate Surgeon!
    Brooklyn, NY |
    I like Dr Waisbren and am very pleased with the results of my first cataract surgery. She talks a little fast but answers every question fully, even illustrating her points on repurposed blue paper. I've found the staff businesslike but not particularly friendly. The NYEE offices are dated but seem clean. Overall, I would recommend.
    New York, NY |
    Dangerous and unprofessional. Avoid at all costs.
    Have you seen Dr. Emily Waisbren, MD?
    Are you Dr. Waisbren?

Dr. Waisbren says...

Dr. Waisbren received her undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude and was elected Phi Beta Kappa.  She completed medical school at Tufts University School of Medicine, and a Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship at Harvard Medical School.

She completed her ophthalmology residency at Baylor College of Medicine and subsequently pursued a cornea and refractive surgery fellowship at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary under the direction of Drs. John Seedor and David Ritterband.

Dr. Waisbren has published numerous articles, book chapters, and teaching videos.  She has been invited to speak nationally and internationally on her research topics. She is dedicated to the well being of her patients and understands the role that vision can play in everyday life. Dr Waisbren is an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the Cornea Society, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), and the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).

Dr. Waisbren's Care Philosophy

Dry eye

Routine eye examinations

Glasses

Contacts

Dr. Waisbren's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
    •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Waisbren has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Waisbren's Board Certifications

New York Eye & Ear Infirmary

Completed in 2015

University Of Wisconsin / Madison

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Waisbren does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Waisbren and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology