Rheumatology  |
Dr. Emily Pineda, MD
Dr. Emily Pineda, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. She is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

5414 Fredericksburg Rd Ste 150

San Antonio, TX 78229

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Pineda

See how frequently Dr. Pineda performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Pain
Bone Disorders
Arthritis

Dr. Pineda's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

• Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dry Eyes
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polyarteritis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis

• Arthrocentesis
  • IV Therapy
  • Injection of Tendon
  • Joint Injection
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist and Forearm Tenotomy

• University Of Santo Tomas
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Brown University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Pineda has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pineda does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pineda and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pineda's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pineda to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Pineda's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Pineda and her staff have made a tremendous difference in my life. I do not know where I would be if she had not accurately diagnosed and treated me. She takes a holistic approach to care that empowers patients, and she is a fantastic listener! Thank you!!!
in San Antonio, TX |
Being referred to Dr. Pineda is one of the best things that has happened to me. I was pleasantly surprised to find that she takes such a holistic look at the issues at hand with my health. A year and a half after starting treatment with her I am definitely healthier, sleeping better, and in less pain. Thank you, Dr Pineda!
San Antonio |
A patient of Dr. Pineda’s for well over a year for arthritis in both knees. She failed to mention at any point that I had no cartilage and three spurs in one knee. After one visit at another doctor, he was able to point out what she could not find for over a year.
in Jourdanton, Texas |
Dr. Pineda has been my "GO TO" doctor now for 4-5 years and I cannot say anything but praise for her. She has helped me thru very difficult times in my life, health wise, and every time I have seen her she takes all the time needed to help me and always has a smile on her face and in her voice. Her staff is first rate and are always helpful and they too smile even when not so happy people are around! Dr. Pineda took the lead for me when she suggested PPT therapy for me and its helping. LOVE HER!
in san antonio, tx |
Excellent in every respect: Medically: professionally : personally in ability to listen to and relate to patient.With her for seven years. Complete 5 star rating!
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Pineda is is the consummate professional and provider who listens to her patients and get to the root cause of what's wrong. I love that she is open minded and willing to try other safe approaches to care especially from a Functional Medical perspective. I am a Nurse Practitioner myself and have sent Dr. Pineda other healthcare professionals as patients since I trust her and her staff that much. I've had a very hard time getting other providers to listen to me and prescribe what I wanted.
San Antonio, TX |
I've had wonderful care from Dr. Pineda. I've seen her for 1 1/2 years and I feel so much healthier. She takes the time to listen to me so she can prescribe the best medicines.
in San Antonio, TX |
Billed for a no-show for an appointment I'd cancelled more than a week in advance. Virtually impossible to get through to!! After calling many times to get my first appointment scheduled, I later decided to cancel after finding another highly recommended rheum who could see me sooner (a long drive away, but well worth it - for one, they pick up their phones!). I called to cancel and was put on hold & disconnected after a lengthy wait. After multiple attempts, I finally was able to leave a
in San Antonio, TX |
I would not recommend this doctor due to staff incompetence and poor office management. This doctor prescribed a drug - methotrexate. After four weeks, I started to experience serious side effects, breathlessness, chest pain, heart pounding. After almost passing out and getting seriously ill one evening, I could not get any support or responses until 8 days! Also, cannot get medications refilled, which can be dangerous as they say not to stop suddenly!
in San Antonio, TX |
This is for the staff at her office; I never had the opportunity to actually see the doctor. Horribly unprofessional. Two weeks to get a return call from the 'new patient coordinator' and then told the next appointment isn't for 2 months. No care or concern for patients. No help in accessing care. Recommended calling their office every 2 days to see if I could get 'lucky' and get an appointment (presuming anyone would actually answer the phone).
San Antonio, TX |
After going to her for 4 years, I still feel terrible, have not got a confirmed diagnosis. She confused me with what is happpening to me-she refered me to numerous other doctors to check for other things. She forgot to call in prescriptions more than once, I had to call and inquire about it. Finding another Dr. so I can feel better!!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Pineda is very nice and seems to work to help you find relief for your health needs. She doesn't spend much time with you and often refers you to her nurse practitioner. Her staff is in need some major training with customer service. When lab and imaging results are sent to her office they are frequently misplaced resulting in repeated phone calls back and forth. Not a well organized facility.
in San Antonio, TX |
She is very dedicated to her patients, wonderful bedside manner.
in San Antonio, Texas |
I have been seeing Dr. Pineda and Dr. Saki for several years now. Both are extremely careing and compassionate. I wouldn't even consider going to any other Doctors. I would and have recommended them people to the South Texas Arthritis Center.
in San Antonio, TX |
I would recommend her to others. She stays up to date on Medical treatments (new) to help her patients. Has a very delightful bedside manner and is honest in what she is able to treat and/or not treat so long as her recommendations are followed.
Have you seen Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Are you Dr. Pineda?