Dr. Emily Pineda, MD

Rheumatology •  Female • Age 55

Telehealth services available

South Texas Arthritis Care Ctr

5414 Fredericksburg Rd Ste 150 San Antonio, TX 78229

Dr. Emily Pineda, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in San Antonio, TX and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Pineda has more experience with Osteoporosis, Arthritis and Arthropathy, and Autoimmune Diseases than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Univ Santo Tomas medical school in 1991. She is affiliated with Peterson Regional Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pineda to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Pineda

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Pineda treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Pineda treats other conditions, please contact the office at (210) 615-9800.

Osteoporosis

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis specialists.

Dr. Pineda typically treats 89% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteopenia
Osteoporosis

Arthritis and Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis and Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Pineda typically treats 72% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Psoriatic Arthritis
Osteoarthritis

Autoimmune Diseases

Autoimmune disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, and celiac disease in which the immune system attacks healthy cells.Compare with other Autoimmune Diseases specialists.

Dr. Pineda typically treats 81% more often than similar doctors

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Vasculitis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Pineda accepts

Dr. Pineda accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Pineda's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pineda

4.1

Dr. Pineda?
I went to this doctor for 5 years. Knowledgeable doctor, when you see her but the office is run poorly. I went 18 months with out seeing doctor and had to fight to see her that day. I have been conflicted on whether to write a review But as a healthcare professional myself I do not feel that any patient should go to this office. Every time I went to the office, I had a problem that stressed me and made My pain worse. If this is the only doctor in San Antonio you can see due to your insurance you should go to a different city.
Paige – Oct 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
I am so thankful that we moved to San Antonio. Dr Pineda changed my life. She is thorough and treats the whole patient not just the disease. the lab tech is always rude, but everyone else is kind.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sep 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Pineda is absolutely the best doctor I have ever been to. She is professional, easy to talk to. She actually listens hears what I have to say. She is so kind and gentle. I think she is absolutely marvelous. And her office staff are exceptional. Friends, helpful, kind, works with your schedule, understands what my needs are. Greet me always with a smile. I just think Dr. Pineda and her staff are outstanding!
  • Long wait times
L. Cordes – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
I saw Dr. Pineda for a few visits, then moved to a different state for a few years. Now that I'm moving back to San Antonio, I tried to schedule an appointment. I did with the receptionist and then got a call the next day stating that Dr. Pineda cancelled my appointment and is refusing to see me. I asked the receptionist why is this happening and she said because I transferred my records to another provider. What is that?! So because I moved to a different area and came back a few years later, you won't see me? What is expected of a person if they move? Fly back to see only her? That is THE WORST THING I've ever seen a doctor do. She clearly isn't looking out for her patients, only her paycheck and that is not a doctor I would want to see anyways.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr Pineda is very attentive to my medical needs. Phone calls are returned in a timely manner, notification via text/email/phone when prescriptions are sent to the pharmacy. Lab work is routinely requested and Dr Pineda will call with results and medical plan of action. I highly recommend Dr Pineda and her Nurse Practitioner Jing Li.
Jill Foster – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
The staff can make or break a doctors appointment. Joanne is amazing! She truly cares about every person that walks in the door. She has gone out of her way to help me. She’s a blessing to the practice.
DK – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Emily Pineda has to be one of the most caring and smartest physicians I have been to. From the front desk to everyone you come into contact with at this practice, everything is top notch! I would highly recommend Dr. Pineda to anyone. I was in so much pain before I came to her and she has made me feel so much better. If you need her, her office is there for you!! Fabulous practice.
LOUIS COOPER – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
I haven't seen Dr. Pineda since 2012. She is an amazing Doctor but I moved away from San Antonio
Brenda – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
I am new to the San Antonio area, and I needed to get in to see a rheumatologist quickly. Not surprisingly, every rheumatologist in the area had a significant wait time to see a new patient. When I spoke with Joanne at Dr. Pineda's office, she was amazing. She took all of my information and told me that I could call her personally each day to see if there had been a cancellation. And she was so amazingly sweet and friendly every time I called! By doing so, my appointment moved from April 15 to February 20. Once I got to the office, I was utterly blown away by every person I encountered, from the front office staff to the nurse practitioner to Dr. Pineda to Alexandra, the phlebotomist. They were extremely thorough and took a great deal of time to listen to my symptoms and concerns, perform an exam and describe in detail the next steps. And Alexandra, who had to draw what appeared to be 1,000 vials of blood, did so without me even knowing when she started and finished. She was amazing. I
Denise – Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Have been a patient for over two years. Dr.Pineda has been very attentive to my needs and through her treatment has improved my quality of life.
Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Have been a patient starting 2006. She is a good Dr. the staff however is at times rude. Joann leaves messages that I have saved stating the I need to return her call or " I can't see you " I guess I failed to notice she had gone to medical school and was now seeing patients. They also kept my I'd and insurance cards and never called me to say they had forgot to return them. For three days I tore the house up looking for myID they kept it and never called me. When I called they were rude
San Antonio , TX – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr Pineda is a wonderful doctor . She's very knowledgable in her field and cares about her patients well being. She has a gentle hand when having to perform injections to her patients whom are already suffering. I have been under her medical care since the early 1990's. She has been able to successfully guide me with my medical care and continues to open my knowledge regarding my health condition. Kudos to her and her friendly staff.
Justine Martinez in San Antonio – Jun 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Emily Pineda failed to monitor medications she prescribed. I ended up having a serve reaction which landed me into a treatment center to get my body chemical adjusted. Her failure to monitor closely caused a very serious condition called serotonin syndrome. This can be very deadly. I would never recommend her.......
Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Pineda’s office treats you like a probationer if you are on pain management. When you need your prescription filled you will be called in to “sign a document” and then get surprised into taking a urine drug test. That test costs $800. It was not covered by my insurance although I still got an insurance discount, $100 out of pocket! Her staff and the lab technician will lie to you about what they are testing for, then you will have to sign a Narcotic Agreement waiving your rights.
Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr Pineda's office staff are excellent. They are prompt in submitting refillls to pharmacy, in very short wait times in waiting room for appointment as well as knowledgeable of insurance requirements. Dr Pineda and PAs are knowledgeable and so helpful in helping me manage my disease with medicines as well as advice for non-rx solutions for pain and disease management.
Karen in San Antonio TX – Feb 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Pineda and her staff have made a tremendous difference in my life. I do not know where I would be if she had not accurately diagnosed and treated me. She takes a holistic approach to care that empowers patients, and she is a fantastic listener! Thank you!!!
Ted in San Antonio, TX – Nov 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Being referred to Dr. Pineda is one of the best things that has happened to me. I was pleasantly surprised to find that she takes such a holistic look at the issues at hand with my health. A year and a half after starting treatment with her I am definitely healthier, sleeping better, and in less pain. Thank you, Dr Pineda!
Leah M in San Antonio, TX – Nov 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
A patient of Dr. Pineda’s for well over a year for arthritis in both knees. She failed to mention at any point that I had no cartilage and three spurs in one knee. After one visit at another doctor, he was able to point out what she could not find for over a year.
San Antonio – Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Pineda has been my "GO TO" doctor now for 4-5 years and I cannot say anything but praise for her. She has helped me thru very difficult times in my life, health wise, and every time I have seen her she takes all the time needed to help me and always has a smile on her face and in her voice. Her staff is first rate and are always helpful and they too smile even when not so happy people are around! Dr. Pineda took the lead for me when she suggested PPT therapy for me and its helping. LOVE HER!
Bob Orr in Jourdanton, Texas – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Excellent in every respect: Medically: professionally : personally in ability to listen to and relate to patient.With her for seven years. Complete 5 star rating!
Mary in san antonio, tx – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pineda?

• Rheumatology