Dr. Emily Pineda, MD

Rheumatology ·  Female · Age 53

Dr. Pineda

Dr. Emily Pineda, MD is a rheumatology specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 21 years. She graduated from University Of Santo Tomas in 1991 and specializes in rheumatology and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Pineda accepts

Dr. Pineda accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Pineda's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Pineda's Top Procedures and Conditions

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Dr. Pineda treats Rheumatoid Arthritis more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Pineda treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Rheumatoid Arthritis of Hand and Wrist

• Hammer Toe
  • Injection of Tendon
  • IV Therapy
  • Joint Injection
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Limb Swelling
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polyarteritis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

4.1

Dr. Pineda?
Dr. Pineda's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Emily Pineda, MD
Have been a patient starting 2006. She is a good Dr. the staff however is at times rude. Joann leaves messages that I have saved stating the I need to return her call or " I can't see you " I guess I failed to notice she had gone to medical school and was now seeing patients. They also kept my I'd and insurance cards and never called me to say they had forgot to return them. For three days I tore the house up looking for myID they kept it and never called me. When I called they were rude
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr Pineda is a wonderful doctor . She's very knowledgable in her field and cares about her patients well being. She has a gentle hand when having to perform injections to her patients whom are already suffering. I have been under her medical care since the early 1990's. She has been able to successfully guide me with my medical care and continues to open my knowledge regarding my health condition. Kudos to her and her friendly staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Emily Pineda failed to monitor medications she prescribed. I ended up having a serve reaction which landed me into a treatment center to get my body chemical adjusted. Her failure to monitor closely caused a very serious condition called serotonin syndrome. This can be very deadly. I would never recommend her.......
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Pineda’s office treats you like a probationer if you are on pain management. When you need your prescription filled you will be called in to “sign a document” and then get surprised into taking a urine drug test. That test costs $800. It was not covered by my insurance although I still got an insurance discount, $100 out of pocket! Her staff and the lab technician will lie to you about what they are testing for, then you will have to sign a Narcotic Agreement waiving your rights.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr Pineda's office staff are excellent. They are prompt in submitting refillls to pharmacy, in very short wait times in waiting room for appointment as well as knowledgeable of insurance requirements. Dr Pineda and PAs are knowledgeable and so helpful in helping me manage my disease with medicines as well as advice for non-rx solutions for pain and disease management.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Pineda and her staff have made a tremendous difference in my life. I do not know where I would be if she had not accurately diagnosed and treated me. She takes a holistic approach to care that empowers patients, and she is a fantastic listener! Thank you!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Being referred to Dr. Pineda is one of the best things that has happened to me. I was pleasantly surprised to find that she takes such a holistic look at the issues at hand with my health. A year and a half after starting treatment with her I am definitely healthier, sleeping better, and in less pain. Thank you, Dr Pineda!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
A patient of Dr. Pineda’s for well over a year for arthritis in both knees. She failed to mention at any point that I had no cartilage and three spurs in one knee. After one visit at another doctor, he was able to point out what she could not find for over a year.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Pineda has been my "GO TO" doctor now for 4-5 years and I cannot say anything but praise for her. She has helped me thru very difficult times in my life, health wise, and every time I have seen her she takes all the time needed to help me and always has a smile on her face and in her voice. Her staff is first rate and are always helpful and they too smile even when not so happy people are around! Dr. Pineda took the lead for me when she suggested PPT therapy for me and its helping. LOVE HER!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Excellent in every respect: Medically: professionally : personally in ability to listen to and relate to patient.With her for seven years. Complete 5 star rating!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr. Pineda is is the consummate professional and provider who listens to her patients and get to the root cause of what's wrong. I love that she is open minded and willing to try other safe approaches to care especially from a Functional Medical perspective. I am a Nurse Practitioner myself and have sent Dr. Pineda other healthcare professionals as patients since I trust her and her staff that much. I've had a very hard time getting other providers to listen to me and prescribe what I wanted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
I've had wonderful care from Dr. Pineda. I've seen her for 1 1/2 years and I feel so much healthier. She takes the time to listen to me so she can prescribe the best medicines.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Billed for a no-show for an appointment I'd cancelled more than a week in advance. Virtually impossible to get through to!! After calling many times to get my first appointment scheduled, I later decided to cancel after finding another highly recommended rheum who could see me sooner (a long drive away, but well worth it - for one, they pick up their phones!). I called to cancel and was put on hold & disconnected after a lengthy wait. After multiple attempts, I finally was able to leave a
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
This is for the staff at her office; I never had the opportunity to actually see the doctor. Horribly unprofessional. Two weeks to get a return call from the 'new patient coordinator' and then told the next appointment isn't for 2 months. No care or concern for patients. No help in accessing care. Recommended calling their office every 2 days to see if I could get 'lucky' and get an appointment (presuming anyone would actually answer the phone).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
After going to her for 4 years, I still feel terrible, have not got a confirmed diagnosis. She confused me with what is happpening to me-she refered me to numerous other doctors to check for other things. She forgot to call in prescriptions more than once, I had to call and inquire about it. Finding another Dr. so I can feel better!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
Dr Pineda is very nice and seems to work to help you find relief for your health needs. She doesn't spend much time with you and often refers you to her nurse practitioner. Her staff is in need some major training with customer service. When lab and imaging results are sent to her office they are frequently misplaced resulting in repeated phone calls back and forth. Not a well organized facility.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
She is very dedicated to her patients, wonderful bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Pineda and Dr. Saki for several years now. Both are extremely careing and compassionate. I wouldn't even consider going to any other Doctors. I would and have recommended them people to the South Texas Arthritis Center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?
I would recommend her to others. She stays up to date on Medical treatments (new) to help her patients. Has a very delightful bedside manner and is honest in what she is able to treat and/or not treat so long as her recommendations are followed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Pineda, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pineda?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pineda treats patients.