Dr. Emily Kean, MD

Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery •  Female • Age 46

Dr. Kean

Adult Pediatric Urology & Urogynecology, PC

3434 W Broadway Ste 102 Council Bluffs, IA 51501

Dr. Emily Kean, MD is an urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery specialist in Council Bluffs, IA. She graduated from University of Nebraska / College of Medicine and specializes in urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery and female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Good patient care Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Kean accepts

Dr. Kean accepts the following insurance:

Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Alliance Select

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Iowa

Check Dr. Kean's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysterectomy, Robotic-Assisted
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Operative Hysteroscopy

4.5

Dr. Kean?
Dr. Kean's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Emily Kean, MD
She is amazing, she went above & beyond. I would recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
Dr. Kean performed a hysterectomy and pelvic floor repair for me on July 8, 2019. During the pre-surgery visits, she was able to reassure me about any doubts I had, often before I even expressed them verbally. The surgery and subsequent recovery went exactly as she described it to me. After an overnight stay in the hospital, I was able to go home using ibuprofen to relieve any discomfort. I was back to walking my dogs before a week was up. I am so happy I decided to travel from Sioux City to Omaha to become her patient; it was worth it to have such a competent and compassionate physician to perform my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
Dr. Emily Kean explains everything in detail and is very understanding of her patients conditions. She explained my options and when I decided on surgery I was scheduled promptly and and very happy with the results. I was recommended to Dr. Kean and I highly recommend her
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
Dr. Kean is very knowledgeable and explained everything so I could understand it. She is professional at all times, yet friendly and easy to ask questions or share concerns with. I have had excellent results from the surgery she performed on me. She told me ahead of time what to expect with surgery, recovery and post-recovery. She is on time with appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
Dr. Kean is amazing! I was able to schedule an office visit and get in quickly. My surgery was scheduled at my convenience. The staff are so warm and friendly from the minute you walk in the door. You truly feel like a valued patient. If you need any female pelvic/reconstructive surgery or evaluation of your options, please see Dr. Kean. You won't be disappointed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
Catheterization without any warning was shocking & how my visit started. Her response to my questions about my symptomatic bladder prolapse was “how do you think that makes me feel”. She didn’t care that it was uncomfortable for me to sit. Her treatment plan was to numb my mind with anti-anxiety or depression medicine & to numb my external genitalia with specially compounded numbing cream. Thank goodness I didn’t follow her plan. A great pelvic floor PT has helped me improve greatly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
18 years of suffering & 8 doctors later plus 3 punch biopsies & multiple allergy testing I was diagnosed with lichen planus. Many drugs & creams were tried but none helped. then by some miracle I came across Dr. Kean. She listened & then she did try a cream that helped with the burning & itching. But it was still there. then she did a procedure with cortisone injections directly to the area & it worked! I am now applying cortisone cream 2 times a day so far its working. I will cont.to trust her
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
Want someone you can trust and feel comfortable with? Well…Emily Kean is that Doctor. She is professional, friendly and know what she is knowledgeable. A huge plus is that she listens to what you are experiencing and considers what you are stating. I had an eroding sling that had gone through my vaginal wall. She handled the procedure to remove when “my” doctor was going to leave in and keep me on medication to handle the infections. I had done this for a year and I am sooooooo much better for g
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
Very caring and smart. Helped me when I was in great pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?
As a healthcare provider, I knew of Dr. Kean professionally before seeing her as a patient, and she is very highly regarded. When I needed to consult a surgeon for my own pelvic issues, she was my first choice. She was willing to work with me to help me put off surgery for as long as I could. When I finally decided to go ahead with the procedure, she and the staff at Methodist were amazing. My recovery was extremely quick, uncomplicated and the results were excellent. I highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emily Kean, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kean?

• Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
  • Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

University of Nebraska / College of Medicine

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kean treats patients.

64% Patient experience rating, 5% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020)

73% Patient experience rating, 4% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020)

82% Patient experience rating, 13% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)