Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Emily Ceisler, MD
Dr. Emily Ceisler, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in New York, NY. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Ceisler is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center .

Upper West Side

• Fidelis Care
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Ceisler

Dr. Ceisler's Experience

Dr. Ceisler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Paralytic Strabismus
  • Pigment Dispersion Syndrome
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Strabismus

• Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Iridectomy
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Brigham and Women's Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Mass Eye and Ear Infirm
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Manhattan Eye and Ear Infirm
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Ceisler has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Ceisler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ceisler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ceisler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ceisler to family and friends
Dr. Ceisler's Performance
New York, NY |
Top doc! I have known Dr. Ceisler for many years and I have always found her to be incredibly patient, knowledgeable and accessible. She always takes plenty of time to explain what is happening and I have never felt rushed in her office. She's also very responsive to emails when I have needed help. The office staff are professional and accommodating and always find a way to get us in to see the doctor when needed. I would highly recommend Dr Ceisler and the whole office. Five Stars for sure!
Manchester Center, VT |
Dr Ceisler is amazing. My children have seen her for years. I trust her a thousand percent. She is brilliant, patient and her bedside manner is second to none. We adore her and feel lucky to have her as our doctor.
Westport, CT |
Dr. Emily Ceisler and her staff were extremely professional, knowledgeable and thorough in my strabismus diagnosis and surgery. She took the time to fully explain my situation and expectations for surgery. The surgery itself went smoothly and she was available post op for any questions and concerns that I had. Her office staff is extremely efficient and kind. I would recommend Dr. Ceisler and anyone in this practice.
Washington, DC |
I have three children and have known Dr. Ceisler for many years. I can't say enough about her. She is super smart, thorough and conscientious. She combines these skills with a wonderful, sensitive and calming way with patients of all ages and their parents. Definitely one of the best doctors I have ever met.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Ceisler is the best pediatric ophthalmologist in NY. We are grateful to have her recommended by our pediatrician. Both of our children see her for care. Professional staff all around. Highly recommend her.
Connecticut |
Dr Ceisler is amazing and competent. She is a top expert in the field of pediatric ophthalmology and is renowned throughout New York and CT. As a general ophthalmologist in CT ( and a parent as well) --she is my "go to" pediatric ophthalmologist and strabismus specialist that I refer my own patients. She always takes time to explain everything to her patients and their families. She is a gifted surgeon. My patients always come back to me raving about her care and I can vouch for her results fi
New York, NY |
Dr. Ceisler is truly the best. Both my sons are patients and she has always been thorough, kind, caring and incredibly smart! We have met several other top NYC pediatric ophthalmologists and can attest to the fact that she is truly in her own league and an exceptional doctor. We all look forward to our visits with her and have recommended her to all our friends with children!
Dr. Ceisler is a knowledgeable, thorough, compassionate doctor. She explains the information in a way that is easy to understand. She is also always available to answers any questions I have.
Norwalk, CT |
Dr. Ceisler is a kind, brilliant and amazing ophthalmologist. My daughter developed a fairly large hemangioma under her eye shortly after she was born. The pediatrician and specialists were concerned that it might be affecting her vision. They suggested I take her to a pediatric ophthalmologist and recommended Dr. Ceisler. I also asked around - and nearly everyone I asked recommended her too. And everyone was right! Dr. Ceisler took my 1 year old and somehow worked magic. My child was ner
in New York, NY |
Both of my children, since they were little, have been Dr Ceisler's patients. Dr Ceisler is a highly professional, knowledgable and caring doctor who is wonderful with children and parents alike. She explains everything clearly and really puts her young patients at ease . Her front office is also very kind and the waiting room is spacious and full of fun things to occupy the kids. I have recommended Dr Ceisler countless times to friends and family. She is the best!
Dr. Ceisler is so knowledgeable and warm that she immediately puts both kids and parents at ease. I highly recommend her!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Ceisler has taken care of my now adult children since they were babies. I was a nervous young mother and she was always so kind and patient with me. She was incredible with my children, always making sure their exams were fun at every age and stage of their development. Her office staff is also very kind and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Ceisler!
New York, NY |
Dr. Ceisler is the absolute best doctor! She is so wonderful with my children and she is equally bright, thoughtful and detail oriented. She and her staff are great with follow-up. We are lucky to have her as our children's doctor!
in New York, NY |
Dr Ceisler is warm, approachable and can make any kid feel at ease. She takes all questions seriously and it is clear she is highly competent. She greets kids with a smile on her face and they love the quacking duck. We would trust her with most serious of ophthalmic issues. There is no question she is a fantastic doctor.
New York, NY |
Fantastic doctor! Has been taking care of my kids' eyes for 7+ years. Great with very young kids and older kids alike.
East Northport, NY |
If your child has an eye problem, you need Dr. Ceisler. As a doctor: knowledgeable, professional, skilled, and intelligent. As a person caring for your child: warm, relaxed, approachable and inclusive. My son was a person to her, not just an eye. A traumatic eye injury completely blinded him in his left eye. Dr. Ceisler was recommended to us and once we met her we knew we would not trust his vision to anyone else. After surgery he is doing great, vision back and healing well.
in Naftalovich |
I highly recommend Dr. Ceisler and the staff at Pediatric Opthamologist Consultants. Dr. Ceisler was extremely personable and caring. She fixed my severe strabismus that developed in my eyes at the age of 50. In addition, I have a high myopia and fixing my eyes was a big challenge. I enjoyed the most professional care and treatment from the moment that I walked to Dr. Ceisler’s office. Dr. Ceisler gave me back the quality of life that I have lost for a couple of years. I’m thankful.
New York, NY |
Dr. Ceisler has guided our daughter's medical care over several years. Her expertise and professional advice have been integral to our daughter's treatment. She's always been very warm, caring, reachable and responsive..We trust her!
in Weston, CT |
Excellent.
Have you seen Dr. Emily Ceisler, MD?
Are you Dr. Ceisler?