Clinical Neuropsychology  |
Dr. Emily Caster, PSY.D
Emily Caster, Psy.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in neuropsychological assessment. Dr. Caster completed her undergraduate degree at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana. Her doctoral degree was obtained from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. She completed her pre-doctoral internship at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans, School of Medicine. Her post-doctoral work included a two-year fellowship in neuropsychology in a multidisciplinary training environment in Northern Virginia (private practice setting and inpatient hospital setting), and included didactic training at Walter Reed Army Medical Center (WRAMC: 2-year Neuropsychology Fellowship Seminar). Dr. Caster was the NFL Neuropsychology Consultant to the Washington Redskins for two years from 2012 to December 2014. She has also worked as the Palo Alto Division Neuropsychologist for the Polytrauma Network Site at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. She is a contributing editor for the Scholastic Peer Review Journal – Violence and Gender, a MaryAnn Leibert Publication. Dr. Caster is the former Director of Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology at the VHC Physician Group and former Director of Education for Graduate Students – Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology. Her new practice includes individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and assessment services. Dr. Caster approaches neuropsychological evaluation with a flexible diagnostic procedure instead of an exhaustive multi-day process. "I start off by seeking to first understand the patient's chief complaint and how it may be affecting a person's quality of life, ability to perform cognitively, and interact socially. By focusing the testing battery on the primary areas of concern and expanding outward; an optimal balance is struck between problem-focused and comprehensive that maximally benefits patient care. My approach is more fine-turned and it improves the recommendation capacity because its concentrated on the exact concerns of the patient and his or her loved ones." Dr. Caster has a very hands-on approach to neuropsychological evaluations and guides her patients though each step of the process – whether it be testing, feedback, ongoing care, or repeat assessments. In addition to specializing in neuropsychology Dr. Caster dedicates time in her schedule for individual and group psychotherapy. Dr. Caster seeks to remain accessible to individuals in need of mental health services, saying, "I believe that mental health is incredibly important and should be treated as such." "I see patients who come to me at different junctures in their lives with various presenting problems," says Dr. Caster. "My philosophy is to meet my patients where they are are, and then help them get to where they want to be."

510 N Washington St Ste 300

Falls Church, VA 22046

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Caster

Nuance Neuropsychology LLC is a specialty practice emphasizing in neuropsychological evaluation and treatment planning. Conditions for which individuals are often referred include: Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder; Multiple Sclerosis; Cognitive Difficulties; Dementia; Traumatic Brain Injury; Learning Disorders, and many other issues. We also offer individual psychotherapy for adults presenting with myriad clinical conditions such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, self-esteem, relationship difficulties, adjustment problems, and myriad other reasons. The practice offers income-based sliding scale fees so that mental health and diagnostic evaluations can be affordable to individuals with varying financial resources. Nuance Neuropsychology LLC is committed to respect, confidentiality, ethical conduct, and quality care.

• Clinical Neuropsychology
  • Bariatric Surgery
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Neuropsychology
  • Other
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. Caster does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Cognitive Disorders
  • Concussion
  • Dementia
  • Impaired Cognition
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Parkinson's Disease

• Individual Adult Psychotherapy
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Psychological Counseling
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychological Testing

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Tulane University Of Louisiana
  • Neuropsychology Associates Of Fairfax
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Fellowship In Clinical Neuropsychology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Caster has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Caster has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Caster does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caster and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Caster's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caster to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Caster's Performance
Burnsville, NC |
Dr. Caster is a great neuropsychologist, but also a really caring person. I had been told by my pcp that there was no way to tell what was causing my memory problems and I was really worried. I called Dr Castors office and got seen really quickly. After being tested, she had me back to discuss all of my results in detail. She let me know my diagnosis and what to plan for and created a treatment plan. She walked me through the whole process. Dr castor is one of a kind.
Falls Church, VA |
Very Friendly and knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable speaking with her and she has helped me so much. Her office is very soothing and comfortable, I look forward to my appointments with her. Her schedule is very flexible and she has early morning or evening appointments which is great for my busy schedule.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr Caster was amazing and just when I thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel, she turned my life around... and I had felt like there was no hope of me moving forward. I would strongly recommend Dr. Caster, because not only did I feel that I wasn't alone... she was incredibly empathetic... I didn't feel like I was just another patient. She didn't rush me or act like she didn't have time for me.
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Caster is amazing. She really understood that I needed help and bent over backwards to connect me with the services I needed. She helped my family understand what was going on with me and gave me a report along with all of the information I needed to help explain my memory problems. I love Dr. Caster!
in Arlington, VA |
I first saw Dr. Caster when I was a complete mess and just really needed help. She changed her schedule to see me, and facilitated every connection I needed to make after my neuropsychological assessment. She is incredibly compassionate, encouraging, and thoughtful... I truly believe that she cares about every patient... not like all providers. I love Dr. Caster.
in Vienna, VA |
Dr. Caster is one of the best medical providers I have ever seen. She is compassionate and truly cares about her patients. She goes above and beyond the call of service and is extremely flexible when it comes to scheduling appointments. She is dedicated and passionate and will help you through whatever you're going through. I also love the VHC group - the staff are friendly, accommodating, and personable. I cannot recommend Dr. Caster or VHC enough!
Have you seen Dr. Emily Caster, PSY.D?
Are you Dr. Caster?