Dr. Emilio Justo, MD

Dr. Emilio Justo, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Emilio M. Justo, M.D. is the Founder and Medical Director of a unique institute that today offers the top of the line technology for the most pressing vision and cosmetic needs. Dr. Justo first opened the Arizona Eye Institute & Cosmetic Laser Center in 1989. Today, he performs bladeless refractive cataract surgery using the LenSx femtosecond laser - which offers the growing number of patients with cataracts a safer and more precise vision correction. He is proud to be one of a few surgeons in Arizona who use the newest laser technology. Upper eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is also performed by Dr. Justo. Arizona Eye Institute staff works hard to help patients whose insurance often covers the medically-necessary upper lid outpatient surgery performed under local anesthesia. While the procedure regains a patient's natural eyelid structure, the surgery also can significantly improve the patient's peripheral (side) vision and help decrease heaviness and eye fatigue. Dr. Justo's story begins with birthplace near Havana, Cuba. His parents wanted a better life for their son, and were fortunate to flee Fidel Castro's communist Cuba when he was only 3 years old. The young man did not take the new opportunity before him for granted. Relocated to Indiana, and at times raised by grandparents, he watched as his father worked two jobs and his mother study at Indiana University. Dr. Justo worked as hard as his parents, and at only 17, he graduated Valedictorian of his high school. At only 23, he graduated from the prestigious Integrated Pre-medical/Medical Program at University of Michigan, with both his B.S. and M.D. degrees. At 27 he moved to Arizona and joined an established ophthalmologist in Sun City. Just months later, the ophthalmologist suffered serious health issues, and Dr. Justo took over the practice. It would grow and expand to the three locations today in Wickenburg, Sun City and Sun City West - drawing patients from all over Arizona, as well as nationally and even internationally. The institute offers everything from annual eye exams and eyewear, to more serious vision care. Dr. Justo's Nursing Director is also a Certified Aesthetic Laser Nurse who also provides a variety of aesthetic services including Botox and Dysport, soft-tissue fillers, microdermabrasion, sclerotherapy for spider veins, and Obagi skin care peels and products. Permanent make up is also a popular option at the institute performed by a Certified Permanent Cosmetic Professional.

Arizona Eye Institute & Cosmetic Laser Center

19052 N R H Johnson Blvd

Sun City West, AZ 85375

• Admar
  • Ameriben
  • American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Banner Health
  • CHAMPVA
  • Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program (CMDP)
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Justo

Over the years, many people have asked me my secret for creating beautiful results and achieving excellent vision for my patients. The answer is simple: I listen carefully and attentively. By doing so, I am able to create an individualized rapport and bond with each patient that is uniquely unsurpassed, and I also make sure to relieve any concerns by answering all of your questions. The best part of my life's work is seeing the outstanding positive benefits that either visual rehabilitation through modern cataract surgery may achieve, or the increased self-confidence and self-esteem resulting from facial or body cosmetic surgery. It's this type of human contact and positive feedback that keeps me practicing..and smiling!

Video

Dr. Justo's Experience

Dr. Justo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Diabetes-Like Blepharitis
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Dilatation
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Wrinkle Removal
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Laser Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Calcutta / B.S. Medical College
  • St Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Washington Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Justo has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Fellow
  • American Society of Lipo-Suction Surgery, Member
  • Arizona Medical Association, Member
  • Arizona Ophthalmological Society, Member
  • Arizona Society of Cosmetic Surgery, Member
  • Clinical Assistant Professor University of Arizona Phoenix Medical School, Assistant Professor
  • Midwestern University Glendale College of Osteopathic Medicine and College of Optometry, Assistant Professor
  • National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomate
  • Phoenix Ophthalmological Society, Member

Dr. Justo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Justo to family and friends
Dr. Justo's Performance
in Sun City West, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Justo's for over a decade now and after seeing results and having a first hand experience with the results my friends have experienced with Dr. Justo, I could not recommend any other Physician should you want to have cataract surgery or any cosmetic procedures he offers. Dr. Justo has the most up to date cataract surgical equipment and takes the time to get the patient first rate results. All the technicians and front office staff are very friendly and helpful. One o
in Sun City |
Dr. Justo and his staff exceeded my expectations during my recent appointment. I would highly recommend their office for anyone needing professional eye care.
Phoenix, AZ |
I want to thank Dr. Emilio Justo and his incredible staff for helping both myself and my husband qualify for insurance to cover our eyelid surgeries. We always thought that it was just cosmetic and we were getting old and had to live with the loose skin. But Dr. Justo explained that a big part of the vision loss we both were experiencing, was due to our baggy eyelids. We both look much younger, but we look natural - many people can't tell at first what we had done!
in Surprise, AZ |
I am extremely pleased with the results of my eyelid surgery by Dr. Justo. The staff was very friendly and informative. It is amazing to be able to put my mascara on without having to hold my lids up and out of the way. Thank you Dr. Justo and staff! Professionalism is excellent. I also Love the results of my permanent eyeliner and eyebrows from Stephanie. She is an artist with her work. It looks so natural. She made me feel at ease and the process very simple. Thank you Arizona Eye Institute!
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Justo and his team are great! He did an incredible job on my eyelid surgery, so I referred my mother. She looks like my sister now! I am always greeted by great, friendly and welcoming staff. Dr. Justo's results are so natural, and he and his staff will help you get your surgery covered by insurance, if they can. If you are thinking about having eyelid surgery, this is the place to come!
in Sun City, Az |
I never thought I'd see a doctor who takes the time to answer all of my questions. They usually are right or the door. While another provider was trying to talk me into cataract surgery, Dr. Justo told me it was too soon. He is a doctor who won't oversell or do anything unnecessary. He did educate me that my eyelids could get done, using insurance while I had no idea was possible. So now my real vision issue, my baggy eyelids, are gone and I love how I look. I'd recommend. Dr. Justo!!
in Peoria, AZ |
I have been going to Dr. Justo for years. I trust him completely and he answers all of my questions very honestly. I have used a lot of his services and am completely satisfied. He's the best!!!
in Surprise, AZ |
Love going to Dr. Justo. Every time i go to see him it's like seeing a good friend. Roxanne, Sherri, Jennifer and Kim. Are great. The whole staff are wonderful. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I have never been to such a clean Drs office.
in Sun City, AZ |
I had eye lift surgery about 3 years ago with Dr. Justo that was, a still is, the worst experience of my life. My left is fine, but the right eye didn't heal well, and has caused me nothing but misery since. Dr. Justo had a "don't care attitude", as soon as it was evident that there was a problem. I had to insist on being seen because my eye was such a mess. They put me on eye drops and said it would take time. A subsequent doctor says that I have extreme scarring and dry eye in that eye,
Ms. Hill, I am very sorry to read your review, as I take great pride in transforming the quality of people's lives. It is my passion, and I consider each and every patient a friend, and listen very closely to your needs, to ensure the very best results in every thing I do. As you know I will not violate your privacy by answering any specific details in a public forum, but I do want you to know that I truly do care you and every patient, and every result. Regards, Emilio M. Justo, M.D.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Since having such great success with my eyelid surgery with Dr. Emilio Justo, I continue to go to Arizona Eye Institute to maintain the beautiful results! I have had Restylane filler done by Roxanne, the Director of Nursing, for the past two years. I can’t say enough about the wonderful results! It looks so natural, no one even knows I had anything done. I wouldn’t trust anyone else! It is so completely natural. It’s amazing, I only wish I would have found Arizona Eye Institute sooner.
in Mesa, AZ |
Very thorough and his bedside manner is impeccable! My grandfather had eye lid surgery with dr. Justo and he was very nice and his staff was excellent. I'd recommend having this eyelid surgery to anyone who has extra skin drooping over there eyes it was a miracle for my grandpa! Thank you Dr. Justo!!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Last week I went to have an eye exam with Dr.Justo at Arizona eye institute and I have never had such an awesome experience and thorough exam for that matter.i would recommend my family and my friends to Dr Justo for their eye examination... They will definitely be impressed...
in Mesa, AZ |
I have great faith in Dr. Justo & his experienced staff who have been caring for me for the past 12 yrs,. Working with such a knowledgeable staff I have been able to maintain a more youthful appearance than my actual chronological age. I basically started with some Botox & facial fillers. Then started using Obagi Skincare Line with great results. Throughout the years I have had permanent makeup applied to brows & eyeliner. And my liposuction results are incredible! He does it all!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I recently saw Dr.Justo at Arizona Eye Institute for some concerns with my vision. I was nervous about the appointment, but felt at ease the moment I walked into the gorgeous facility thanks to the warm greeting by his staff. Things only got better from there. Dr.Justo greeted me like family and that continued into his exam. He really listened to my concerns.He was very thorough and made sure I understood the results of the exam. I will definitely recommend Dr.Justo to my family and friends.
Phoenix, AZ |
My mother has always been a big part of my life, I take her health very seriously. When she was diagnosed with cataracts, I wanted to go only to the best. I did my research and I kept hearing Dr justo and Arizona Eye Institute. I was amazed at how much time Dr justo spent explaining the procedure to my mom answer me. The staff was so professional and kind. After sugery my mom was ecstatic to be able to see without glasses. She still uses readers for small text. Great experience.
in Surprise, AZ |
As someone with fair skin, it was important for me to find an office to help me maintain healthy skin. A friend told me about Dr. Emilio M. Justo, M.D., and his practice, the Arizona Eye Institute. I scheduled an appointment for a free skin care consultation with Roxanne Dorty, their director of nursing. I have learned a lot and would strongly recommend this practice. They offer so much and have a knowledgeable and welcoming staff.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I rely on my eyeglasses to see, and I have grown tired of getting glasses that don't fit right, break right away or that have a variety of "extras" that I don't even understand. I heard about Dr. Emilio M. Justo, and the Arizona Eye Institute and gave them a chance for my eye exam - my prescription is pretty strong so it is important to me to get a full medical eye exam that they offer. Dr. Justo and his staff gave me more information about my vision and long-term vision care than I ever have
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had a wonderful experience at Arizona Eye Institute for my last eye exam. All of the staff were professional, efficient, and friendly. Dr. Justo was extremely personable and took the necessary time to discuss the health of my eyes. I never felt rushed. You can tell he truly enjoys working with each patient, which makes for a pleasant and stress-free experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Justo and this practice.
in Glendale |
Absolutely wonderful service! Dr Justo and his staff treat you like family. They are always kind. I refer everyone I know to this doctor and can't say enough nice things!!
in Sun City West, AZ |
I needed cataract surgery and wanted an experienced surgeon who used the Lensx laser. I was impressed that Dr. Justo was one of only a few surgeons in the valley to offer this technology. I liked when I met with Dr Justo he took his time answering all my questions. Thanks to the advanced laser technology and experienced surgical skill I ended up with better vision than I ever imagined. Thank you Dr. Justo for caring so much and offering all the best technology to your patients. Love my new eyes!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I recently visited the Arizona Eye Institute for my eye exam. Dr. Justo and his staff were amazing!! I felt welcomed and at ease from the second I stepped foot in the door. Dr. Justo, was the most caring and professional ophthalmologist I have ever encountered, he took his time with me and explained my condition in a way that was easy to understand. I'm already looking forward to my next appointment!
in El Mirage, AZ |
As a busy mom, I don't have a lot of time to spend on my skin care.  And my skin has let me know it!  So I finally broke down and tried so many different products on the market, and they are all just hype.  Some of them even made my skin break out!   Then I heard through a friend about the Obagi skin care system that Dr. Emilio Justo offers exclusively at the Arizona Eye Institute. His nursing director Roxanne Dorty helps you learn how to use these products as well.
in Surprise, AZ |
I was so impressed with the entire office when I recently saw Dr. Justo for an eye exam. The care I received was unbeatable!! Every part of the process was exceptional as the staff and Dr. Justo are knowledgeable and caring.
in Sun City West, AZ |
Have referred many friends to Dr. Just to have both cataract surgery and cosmetic procedures. He is a wonderful and compassionate consummate professional with many years of experience.
in Surprise, AZ |
Getting ready to see Dr. Justo for my yearly eye exam! I've been a patient of Dr. Justo now for 12 years! He is very knowledgeable, patient and very thorough! When you see Dr. Justo he always greets you with a warm smile and a hug! From the moment you check in to the moment you leave, you are treated by kind, compassionate staff that clearly enjoy what they do! They have a lot to offer! I've been to both locations and get the same high quality care each time! See you soon!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Professionalism is excellent. Love the results of my permanent eyeliner and eyebrows from Stephanie. She is an artist with her work. It looks so natural. She made me feel at ease and the process very simple. Highly recommend if your considering permanent make up Stephanie is the only way to go.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Justo & Nursing director Roxanne Dorty are like family to me. After hearing rave reviews from friends who enjoyed their level of skill, I chose to transfer my business to Arizona Eye Institute for vision exam, as well as my Botox treatments. They really go into detail in educating me about my eyes, in a way no one else has ever before. Roxanne is so skilled with the Botox & the results make me look younger & more confident. People think my daughter is my sister! Highly recommend to all
in Buckeye, AZ |
Every beauty and vision clinic says they treat you like you are the most important person in the world, but I was amazed when I came to the Arizona Eye Institute & Cosmetic Laser Center to try Dysport for the first time - it really is true. Roxanne takes her time to educate you, empower you and help you decide what is best for your current and future skin needs. I am thrilled to learn the medical director and surgeon, Dr. Emilio Justo, will also be available for any future vision or cosmetics.
in Glendale, AZ |
Super happy with my recent dilated eye examination by Dr. Justo! Very thorough and I absolutely love my new reading glasses I was able to order from the optical! Lisa the optician helped me pick out the most gorgeous frame for them! I will definitely be back!
in Buckeye, AZ |
Since having such great success with my eyelid surgery with Dr. Emilio Justo, I continue to go to Arizona Eye Institute to maintain the beautiful results! I have had Restylane filler done by Roxanne, the Director of Nursing, for the past two years. I can’t say enough about the wonderful results! It looks so natural, no one even knows I had anything done. So if you want to look even better than you do and don’t want anyone to know, this is the place! I wouldn’t trust anyone else!
in Surprise, AZ |
From start to finish and follow up, my experience was excellent.
Have you seen Dr. Emilio Justo, MD?

Visit Dr. Justo

Dr. Justo accepts 37 insurance carriers
  • Admar
    Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
    Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
  • Ameriben
  • American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
    Health Net Access
    Mercy Care Plan
  • Banner Health
    Blue Cross
  • CHAMPVA
  • Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program (CMDP)
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • EyeMed Vision Care
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • POMCO Group
  • Priority Health
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Uniform Medical Plan Classic
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)
  • Wells Fargo Insurance