Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD
Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. He is 42 years old. Dr. Gurshumov is affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel, South Nassau Communities Hospital and Wyckoff Heights Medical Center.

3049 Brighton 6th St Ste 1

• inHealth
  • INTotal Health
  • Locals (any local)

Learn about Dr. Gurshumov

See how frequently Dr. Gurshumov performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Atrophic Vaginitis
Ovarian Cysts
Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Dr. Gurshumov's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gurshumov "UroGynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery is a sub-specialty in Obstetrics and Gynecology. To practice in this sub-specialty doctor required to complete Ob/Gyn residency and fellowship in UroGynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery (aka Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery).

Urogynecology involves the diagnosis and treatment of urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence and female pelvic floor disorders, which includes treatment of pelvic organ prolapse (urinary bladder prolapse, uterine prolapse, prolapse of rectum through vagina etc).

Dr. Gurshumov provides variety of non-surgical and surgical treatment. He has advanced and unique skills in treating disorders of urinary system (biofeedback, medical treatment, neuromodulation, treatment with Botox® injection into the bladder). If surgery is necessary, every procedure tailored to each patient and minimally invasive approach chosen. Pelvic reconstructive surgery performed either vaginally or laparoscopically and also utilizing DaVinci surgical system. Dr. Gurshumov is one of few in United States who performs robotic sacrocolpopexy and advanced robotic surgery.

Ask yourself three questions:

1. Do you leak urine in any occasions even if it is a drop?
  2. Do you feel bulge in vaginal area?
  3. Do you lose stool beyond your control?

If you answered "Yes" to any of this questions, talk to you doctor.

Appointments - 212.401.4022 // 718.934.0322"

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Nassau University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • New York Downtown Hospital
  • Mt. Sinai School Of Medicine Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery At Atlantic Health
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Azerbaijani
  • Georgian
  • Moldavian
  • Russian
  • Turkish
  • Ukrainian

Dr. Gurshumov does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gurshumov and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gurshumov's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gurshumov to family and friends
Dr. Gurshumov's Performance
in Brooklyn |
Dr. Emil Gurshumov is a very good specialist, attentive and responsible. I had a great experience, all process went very easy, I didn't even start worrying everything was done already. Would recommend him to everyone. Thank you Dr. Gurshumov for your care.
in NY,NY |
Strongly recommend
Brooklyn, NY |
Very reliable doctor. Knows what he is doing, not wasting time and not trying to do not necessary stuff just to charge the insurance. I had very good experience with Dr. Gurshumov.
in Queens, NY |
I was in the hospital I enjoyed everything. Everyone took care of me very well . Everyone who have helped me where all very kind, and highly attentive. And the most important thing was that I thank God that was able to meet Dr. Gurshumov . I had a serious problems with bladder that had caused leaked of urine and a feeling of bulge in the vaginal area. After my surgery I couldn't even imagine that i can feel normal like I did before in the past . I feel and wonderful after the operation.
in Brooklyn, NY |
My surgery was perfomed in May 5, 2017 by Dr. Gurshumov. I had this problem last 3 years. He answered all my questions and explained every detail. He performed surgery successfully, without side effects. He is professional, attentive, knowledgeable and very patient doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Gurshumov to my family, my friends and anyone who needs a specialist.
in Queens |
Dr. Gurshumov is a highly skilled surgeon, has excellent bed side manners and a great team of professionals that work alongside with him. My surgery (total hysterectomy, laparoscopic) went smoothly and without any complications. Doctor Gurshumov positive attitude, attentiveness, knowledge and experience were there, starting with consultation, preparation and testing, and ending with follow-up appointments. I highly recommend Dr. Gurshumov to every female who needs urogynecological surgery.
in Staten Island, NY |
My mom’s surgery was performed in March 3, 2017 by Dr.Gurshumov. He is very competent, professional, excellent doctor. He explained very well all details regarding surgery, provided clear pre and post surgery instructions. He was available to answer any questions and concerns over the phone,during the appointment visit, right before surgery which is very important for patient and family. The staff in Nassau Community hospital was exceptional also. I would highly recommend Dr. Emil Gurshumov.
New York, NY |
Came to this doctor for a 3rd opinion on a surgery and happy that I did. He took his time to explain the surgery and post-op body stress/condition I'd be in. Pre op, I was advised to write down any questions that I may have for the next visit, which doctors these days rarely do. Surgery went as planned and doctor talked to my family and stopped by to check up on me. Hospital was clean and has the nicest staff that tended to any needs that I needed. They really went out of their way for me.
Jamaica, NY |
Dr. Emil Gurshumov is an excellent doctor. He is very professional & knowledgeable of his specialty. He display remarkable bedside manner and is always available to answer any and all questions and concerns. He makes his patients feel very comfortable before and after surgery with his kind personality and sense of humor.  He considers all aspects of his patient's surgerical needs and advices accordingly. He puts his patient's care first and only chooses the best hospitals to do surgeries.
in Brooklyn, NY |
This was the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time. I would love to have them around if I ever get sick again. The Doctor had been busy but still took the time to make me feel like I was the only patient there. The lady that took my initial information was terrific, she too made me feel like I was the first patient of the day. I loved visiting and if I need their service again I know I will be welcomed.”
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. I am very grateful to you operation. February 10, 2017 I had an operation. Team doctors with a doctor E.Gurshumov worked very well. Thank you doctor for your attention to women's issues. Good luck to you in your work. And satisfied customers. Nadezhda Orlova 57 years Brooklyn NY 2 March 2017
in Brooklyn, NY |
The best experience ever. kind, caring, professional doctor. I had a surgery done by this doctor. extremely speedy recovery. Minimal pain. I dd not even need to take any pain medication. The staff and office and hospital was exceptional. Wonderful overall experience. Highly recommend this doctor.
in Brooklyn, NY |
The doctor was very attentive, patient, and professional. I was well taken care of and due to my age I was surprised how patient the doctor was and answered all of my questions. I felt very comfortbale during my visit.
in Staten Island NY |
Dr. Gurshumov is real profeshional in his field. When i met him he sugest a surgery for my case but he did not insist for it. He told me to go for 2 and 3 opinion, which i did. He provide the surgery for me at Nassau Community hospital. All the staff was very helpfull. I will recommend him to to my friends and family. Thank you dr. Gurshumov for everything you did for me. Sima
in QUEENS NY |
Extremely please with the surrounding neighborhood, staff and DR. Keep up the good work.....thumps up to ur stuff
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Gurshumov is an outstanding surgeon. Professional in every way. He provided valuable guidance and support pre and post surgery. The hospital staff and setting was wonderful as well. Highly recommend Dr. Gurshumov for this very specialized area of medicine.
Brooklyn, NY |
He's very knowledgeable , compassionate , to his patients .
in Brooklyn, NY |
Had surgery with excellent results. Dr. Gurshumov was very professional. Absolutely no complications. Most importantly he was available to answer all my questions before and after surgery. Hi Guly recommend him.
in Astoria, NY |
Dr. Gurshumov is excellent! He explains everything and answered all my questions. He gives detailed information for you to understand completely. I had surgery by him & had a wonderful experience in the hospital as well. HIs staff and the hospital staff were great. I would highly recommend Dr. Gurshumov to anyone needing a specialist with his expertise.
in New York |
I had a hysterectomy done this year at the age of 32 . And Dr.Gurshumov always kept me informed and treated me as a individual and always provided all medical treatment and suggestions . He answered all my questions and even filled out all necessary paperwork promptly for my employer . I had it done at South Nassau and the team there treated me very well and they were professional and had great bedside manner .
in Queens, NY |
Excellent
in Brooklyn, NY |
excellent subject matter knowledge, calm, thoroughly listens to patient, very detailed, performed surgery successfully, without side effects, pain practically went away within first day, continued to monitor after and followed up for next few weeks and month
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Gurshumov performed my surgery. He is professional, caring doctor, has exceptional bedside manner, responds to phone calls, office personnel is very accommodating. I highly recommend him.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I recently underwent a hysterectomy performed by the amazingly talented, caring, knowledgeable and best of the best, Dr. Emil Gurshumov. He is definitely one of the best doctors/surgeons out there who takes his profession so seriously and makes it all about his patients. I was very nervous about this procedure but he made me feel so at ease explaining every detail of the surgery and the aftermath. My small incisions are barely visible and most importantly, my recovery was quick and easy. Best
in Brooklyn, NY |
Excellent care, caring and highly skilled doctor. I will definitely recommend Dr. Gurshumov to family and friends, and any person who is straggling with pain and looking for answers, solution and piece mind.
in Brooklyn,NY |
Dr. Gurshumov was professional, knowledgeable and kind. He had at great plan of care and made me feel comfortable and aware. His staff is respectful and time efficient as well. Highly recommend him as a medical professional.
in Brooklyn, NY |
He is a very knowledgeable and kind doctor. My mother had to undergo a surgery, Dr. Gurshumov was very supportive and explained everything slowly and clearly.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Gurshumov is a professional, knowledgable Urogynecologist with an excellent bedside manner. He gave me his utmost care and attention; be it in the way in which he conducted our initial patient-doctor talk or how he examined me. I particularly appreciate how thorough, gentle, and reassuring Dr. Gurshumov is during his exam. I trust Dr. Gurshumov completely and recommend him highly.
in Brooklyn, NY |
An extremely professional and knowledgeable doctor! He was able to answer all my questions, which, given the nature of his work, were quite embarrassing to ask. He made the appointment easy and fun. Wonderful sense of humor too. I waited in total for 15 minutes, was surrounded by kind and polite staff, in a clean, state-of-the-art office. All in all, I couldn't be happier.
in New York, NY |
I highly recommend Dr Gurshumov--he is very attentive, spends lots of time with you and answers all of your questions. He is caring towards his patients.
in New York, NY |
After getting a referral from a friend to see Dr. Gurshumov I was very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. I never felt rushed while discussing all aspects of my procedure. Would not hesitate to recommend him to one of my friends.
Have you seen Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Are you Dr. Gurshumov?