Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 44

Dr. Gurshumov

Emil Gurshumov Medical PC

3049 Brighton 6th St Brooklyn, NY 11235

Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Brooklyn, NY. He specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery and obstetrics & gynecology.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Female Pelvic Medicine And Reconstructive Surgeons in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Gurshumov accepts

Dr. Gurshumov accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Community Health Choice
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
GHI PPO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
Health Net
Staywell (Wellcare)
Wellcare of Georgia

No malpractice claims found for New York

Gynecologic Surgery

Gynecologic surgery treats conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids through procedures such as hysterectomy, tumor removal, and myomectomy.

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Colpopexy
high
high

Dr. Gurshumov performs Colpopexy more than 79% of their peers

Dr. Gurshumov performs this procedure more than 79% of their peers

Dr. Gurshumov performs Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy) more than 78% of their peers

Dr. Gurshumov performs this procedure more than 78% of their peers

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Cystoscopy
  • da Vinci® Gynecologic Procedure
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gurshumov

Dr. Gurshumov?
Dr. Gurshumov's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD
The office is very clean, the receptionists are very polite both over the phone and in the office, and I was seen fairly quickly. At first I was nervous and worried, but Dr. Gurshumov put me at ease right away. He is direct, humorous, trustworthy, and he explains everything clearly and thoroughly. I even found out that I had been misdiagnosed years ago. I will definitely be going back and I highly recommend Dr. Gurshumov.
Angel F. – Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
The best Doctor ever, I was in agony for years went to endless Doctors who done nothing for me,my first visit with Doctor Gurshumov he done an in office procedure and I walked out pain free couldn't believe it, he is the nicest,gentlest Professional Doctor and I would certainly highly recommend him. Thank you so much Dr Gurshumov .
C Iliev – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
???????, ?????? ? ?????? ????. ???????? ????????. ????? ???????? ????????. ?????? ?. ???????? ???????????????? ?????? ? ?????? ????????????? ???????. ???? ??????????.
??????? – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Dr. Gurshumov provides attentive and comprehensive services. From the first time I visited his practice, he explained clearly what needed to be done to address my condition. I realized that he's a professional that can be trusted. All tests and subsequent surgical procedure had been performed without any complications.
Arevat – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
My grandmother had a hysterectomy with Dr Gurshumov. He was kind, knowledgeable and reassuring. For a difficult procedure for an aged person, he was a pleasure to deal with. Wonderful bedside manner. He calls when he says he will and treated us with the utmost respect.
Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Very knowledgeable physician with amazing bedside manner. I have never felt rushed or uncomfortable in anyway with him. He thoroughly explains all of my available treatment options and answers all of my questions. I'm very grateful that I found him.
Oct 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
The first time I met Dr. Emil Gurshumov he was charming, yet professional. He put me at ease right away in a volatile situation; I understood that I would need surgery. He was caring, very attentive and knowledgeable. I had surgery performed by him, everything went according to plan with no complications. Recovery period was short practically without medication. He was also good at aftercare, he came to see me a few times between surgeries that and the next day. Even in the end of his grueling shift, he came to see how my recovery was going.
Raisa Rapoport – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
The doctor was very attentive and a great surgeon. The clinic was wonderful, clean and very friendly. All staff were very pleasant. The recovery was just as the doctor explained. Best medical experience to date! Thank you Dr Gurshumov and your entire team
Tatyana Vinas – Aug 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Dr.Gurshumov is one of the most caring and kind doctor I have ever met. My 16 years old daughter needed to have a small surgery and I am very thankful that I met Dr. Gurshumov. He is very professional, attentive and have a great sense of humor. He made my daughter feel comfortable and willing to have her procedure done. I am also very thankful for the South Nassau Community Hospital for excellent care. The facility is very clean and the staff was friendly and ready to help.
Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Dr.Gurshumov is the most caring and kind doctor I have ever met. I have been put off my surgery for 2 years and finally decided to make it . I`m very thankful for Dr. Gurshumov for his high professionalism, attention and sense of humor . Also I`m very thankful for the South Nassau Community Hospital for excellent care, all the premises are clean and stuff is very professional and nice.
Alina – Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
I'm very thankful to Dr.Gurshumov for helping me to have my normal life back.I'm grateful for excellent performance of my surgery, a very high professionalism, kindness,attention and patience. Dr.'s Gurshumov wonderful personality and sense of humor helped me to stop nervous and fell comfortable before and after surgery. I'm thankful to all staff who took care of me during the surgery and recovery. Thank you so much to all. L.Yermak Brooklyn ,August 1st, 2019
Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
I am very grateful for the great attention, care, and professionalism from Dr. Emil Gurshumov. He’s very patient and explained all the realities that someone can face during a procedure with a sense of positivity. There was never any pressure to make an immediate decision - any question or problem was addressed with adequate attention. He was always polite, nice, and understanding. He makes sure that a person is fully aware of what comes before and after a surgery and creates the most comfortable environment and ensures proper medical attention. Dr. Gurshumov is one of the most well-advised, professional, and careful doctors that I could have asked for. I am happy that I got to be his patient and have been his patient for close to 7 years. I would definitely recommend him for anyone who is looking for a trustworthy doctor willing to help.
Yana – Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Dr. Gurshumov changed my life. I lived through years of discomfort due to gynecological problems, which eventually lead to urological problems. I tried to get help from many doctors, most of whom did not offer any real help and sometimes even made things worse. After finding Dr. Gurshumov, he performed a reconstructive surgery on me and I will be forever grateful. I am feeling much more youthful and am enjoying a life without discomfort.
Lubov Boytsova – Jun 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
This is the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time. I would love to have them around if I ever get sick again.
Elena B. – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Very professional and great bedside manner towards patients. Pleasant communication and excellent care.
Nataliia in Brooklyn, NY – Jun 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Dr. Gurshumov is an outstanding doctor! Each time we visited his office in regards to my mother (who is his patient), he was attentive, caring and made her and I feel very comfortable. He is also incredibly knowledgeable! My mother was due for surgery and she was quite nervous. He made sure every test was done prior to the surgery for safety reasons, he explained everything thoroughly (and believe me we asked A LOT of questions) and the surgery was done successfully! We are very blessed to have been referred to such an amazing doctor! He changed my mom’s life for the better! Thank you Doc! - Ardiana N. & Kimet H.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
I gave birth in the year of 2004. It turned out very hard for me. I used to struggle before I found Dr. Gurshumov. Last year he did me surgery with Da Vinci robot. It was a very large work. I’m very thankful I had opportunity to find such amazing doctor.
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Dr. Emil has a very excellent team, office staff is amazing, the hospital were I had the surgery was great, nurses were helpful.He is very professional, educated and Doctor has great personality. I would definitely recommend this Doctor to everyone. Natalia Z. In Brooklyn
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
Dr. Emil Gurshumov is professional, careful and very polite. It's very comfortable to discuss all problems with such kind of doctor. It was very hard for me to make a decision about surgery but doctor's attitude and assurance helped me to make right decision. So the surgery was done. Dr. Emil Gurshumov and the team were excellent. I definitely recommend Dr. Emil Gurshumov . He is great. IL Brooklyn, NY 11235
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?
The doctor and the staff are very professional and very plesant. They all work very hard to please their patients and do eveything in timely manner. The best doctor and staff I have met.
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emil Gurshumov, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gurshumov?

UroGynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery is a sub-specialty in Obstetrics and Gynecology. To practice in this sub-specialty doctor required to complete Ob/Gyn residency and fellowship in UroGynecology and Reconstructive Pel...

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology

Mt. Sinai School Of Medicine Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery At Atlantic Health
New York Downtown Hospital

Emil Gurshumov Medical PC

Executive Medical Care3049 Brighton 6th St Brooklyn, NY 11235
    • Mon: closed
    • Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gurshumov treats patients.

South Nassau Communities Hospital

Oceanside, NY

65% Patient experience rating, 4% lower than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)

Wyckoff Heights Medical Center