Dr. Emil Ganjian, MD

Dr. Emil Ganjian, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male | 48 years old

35 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Ganjian specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat and practices in Mineola, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Ganjian? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Ganjian's Experience

See how Dr. Ganjian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ganjian

Dr. Ganjian accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ganjian has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ganjian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ganjian to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Ganjian's Performance
in Oakdale, NY |
Dr. Ganjian is the rare doctor who has the highest level of technical skill combined with a gentle caring bedside manner. My nasal polyps were extensive, I couldn't breathe, always sick. He comforted my fears about surgery and made me feel confident enough to have rhinoplasty done, which I had always wanted. The result is beautiful and elegant, and so natural that no one knows I had it done. He delivered on everything. The follow-up care I received was outstanding. So grateful to Dr. Ganjian.
New Hyde Park, NY |
Concerns addressed to Dr. G prior to surgery (slight stuffy nose, pain up one side of my nose & one eye, and interrupted sleep from coughing). Post surgery: chronic pain in both eyes, collapsed nasal valves that are severely obstructing my breathing, a septum that has deviated to the reverse side, mucus that is mostly green, smells like aged cheese, & does not drain on its own without me pulling it out, vertigo (didn't have this prior to surgery), and chronic migraines. Do the math!!!
in Uniondale, NY |
I went to see Dr Ganjian at 4:30. At 5:30 I asked at the desk how much longer it would be. I was told there were patients in the exam rooms waiting and then 3 more before me. I decided to leave but was asked if I wanted to reschedule??? Why would I want to waste any more time sitting there? I recommend seeing a doctor who has respect for his patients and their time...this is not the place! There is no reason to wait hours at an EMT office!!!
in Port Washington, NY |
Dr Ganjian has taken care of me and my family for many years. He performed sinus/septal surgery on me 3 years ago and made a huge difference in my life. I went from not breathing from my nose &experiencing many infections a year to breathing great &not having any sinus infections in years. He's an excellent surgeon. He's also taken care of my wife &children. We've nothing but praise for him. He's always available for us,has great bedside manners & is very caring and patient. Highly recommended.
in Roslyn, NY |
Dr. Ganjian has taken excellent care of me and my family for the past 5 years. For years I had very poor breathing from my nose. I had 3 previous surgeries elsewhere . Every time I was told that my septum is still deviated and my glands are large. Needless to say all of those surgeries failed. Dr. G correctly diagnosed me with what is called Nasal valve stenosis and operated on me 4 years ago. Results where miraculous!I was breathing great by the next week.He is amazing. Highly recommended.
in garden city, NY |
I had suffered from horrible sinus infections for many years, had 2 previous unsuccessful surgeries, one locally and one by a "famous" NYC doctor. I couldn't breathe, had frequent infections, and a very fake looking nose. I was most impressed by Dr. G's approach, honesty, thoroughness and care. He operated on me 1 year ago, fixed my nose& sinuses. I can breathe, no infections in a year and have a beautiful nose. His work & bed side manner is amazing. Highly recommended without any reservations.
New York, NY |
Awful surgery and post op experience. Nasal collapse and obstruction. Mucus that smells awful, pools in my nostrils, and won't drain unless I shove a tissue up my nose to pick it out. I'm now relying heavily on steroid nasal sprays to get slight relief. I didn't need to rely on sprays prior. I told the doctor about my chronic, debilitating head pain resulting from surgery at post op appts. His excuse in his words, "There are no nerves in the nose that would cause that kind of pain". Unreal!
Massapequa, NY |
Unethical and unprofessional office practices. Pre-op I wanted to cancel and I was told by Sylvana that I couldn't because she had submitted the paperwork. Not possible. I didn't sign anything at that point and isn't it the patient's right to cancel at anytime? During another appointment another staff person told me that Dr. Ganjian would not see me when I arrived unless I signed the paperwork even though none of the contents were discussed prior. He is not the only gig in town. Find another.
Wantagh, NY |
I have never waited as long for anything in my life. Almost a 3 hour wait time at one point with only one other patient next to me, and when i get in my appointment takes 10 minutes, I really am baffled. His scheduler, Sylvinia calls me and yells at me for rescheduling my surgery because I couldnt wait 3 hours for an appointment with them cause I had to pick up my kids. When I called to reschedule, she punished me by saying they were all booked for the whole year.
Mineola, NY |
Longest wait time i've ever experienced. Every time without fail the wait is over an hour. Doctor was very impatient and couldnt wait to get rid of me the one time i actually got to see a doctor without walking out because i didnt feel like waiting and hour and a half for a 3 minute doctor visit.
in Garden City, NY |
Doctor made time for me on short notice. Listened and was very professional and caring. I felt in good hands. Thanks.
Have you seen Dr. Emil Ganjian, MD?
Are you Dr. Ganjian?

Compare Dr. Ganjian

Dr. Ganjian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Ganjian has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ganjian's Board Certifications

• Cough
  • Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • ENT Cancer
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Salivary Gland Cancer
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

Completed in 1999

Tulane University Hospital and Clinics

Completed in 2000

• Farsi

Dr. Ganjian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ganjian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy