Dr. Emil Chynn, MD

Dr. Emil Chynn, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Emil Chynn, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

102 E 25th St

New York, NY 10010

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Chynn

Dry Eyes
Floaters

Dr. Chynn's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Ophthalmology
    Accredited by: American Board of Ophthalmology*

• Dry Eyes
  • Floaters

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Saint Vincent's Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Mass Eye & Ear Inf-Harvard Med Sch
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Emory University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Chynn has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Chynn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chynn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chynn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chynn to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Chynn's Performance
in Flushing, NY |
I chose Park Ave Lasek based on recommendations from coworkers and friends who had gotten Lasek done through him and they had nothing but good things to say. Ultimately what matters is the long term health of your eyes (you only have two after all and seeing is kind of important) both in regards to vision and lack of side effects. Towards that goal you want the most competent and experienced doctor you can find and Dr. Chynn fits the bill.
Bronx, NY |
It’s a good office! Can’t wait for my surgery on Thursday!
bronx, ny |
Really nice customer service. They help you every step of the way.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Chynn was the best decision I've ever made. I went to almost every LASIK center in NYC, but none of them could treat me vision because I had both a high prescription AND thin cornea, so they all said it would be unsafe to get LASIK. One day, a coworker who also had an extreme Rx (-15.00, which was significantly worse than my -10.00) said he got his eyes fixed with LASEK by Dr. Chynn. I googled his office and noted his very high ratings. In addition, he graduated from Dartmouth, Columbia, H
in New York, NY |
I chose Park Avenue LASEK since they are the ONLY ones who offered a completely NON-cutting procedure with an extremely successful track record. The fact that Dr Chynn helped invent LASEK when he was at Harvard comforted me and sealed the deal. The procedure itself was completely pain-free and now I’m seeing better than I’ve ever seen before even with contacts. In fact, I’m now seeing better than 20/20 thanks to everyone at Park Avenue LASEK.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Chynn is my primary eye doctor. My vision was not that good since I was a 15 years old. In 2010 I had a LASEK surgery, and it helped a lot. Now I see very well. Since then I do regular checkups with Dr. Chynn. Every time it is fast and nice experience, don’t need to wait. Every time I need to do a checkup or have a question about my eyes I stop by Dr Chynn practice - and always have the best advice. I would recommend anyone thinking about laser vision correction to see Dr. Chynn
in Jersey City, NJ |
Dr. Chynn is the best trained Doctor for refractive surgery. He completed his MD from Columbia Medical School and did his residency at Harvard's Massachusetts Eyes and Ears. He hold the US Record for correction for the highest Rx and has been experienced with Lasik/Lasek for more than 20 years. I have a severe astigmatism and been rejected by many doctors. The only other Doctor who accepted me, Dr. Bonanni could only cure me to 15/20 and 18/20. But, Dr. Chynn guaranteed me for 20/20.
Astoria, NY |
Dr Chynn did my LASEK surgery in Autumn 2016 and the change to my vision is nothing less than miraculous! My office is near his and not only can I now see the individual leaves on the trees, but the smallest detail on the highly decorative Flatiron building.
Have you seen Dr. Emil Chynn, MD?
Are you Dr. Chynn?

See our Ophthalmology Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital

Visit Dr. Chynn

Dr. Chynn accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO