Dermatology  |
Dr. Elyse Rafal, MD
Elyse Suzanne Rafal, MD, PC is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology and Medical Director of the DermResearchCenter of New York, Inc. An active participant in her field with over 65 publications, book chapters, abstracts and presentations to her name, Dr. Rafal has conducted research on over 70 grant-funded projects since 1989 and has served as a consultant for a dozen organizations including laboratories and cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies. Dr. Rafal graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA. She attended Harvard School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA, then transferred with advanced standing to the SUNY-Health Science Center at Brooklyn (formerly Downstate Medical Center), where she achieved her medical doctorate with Honors and Distinction in Research. She completed her post-graduate training with an Internship in Internal Medicine at Montefiore Hospital Medical Center in the Bronx, NY, and a Residency in Dermatology at the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, MI. Following graduation Dr. Rafal was appointed to several academic positions in the Dermatology department at the State University of New York at Stony Brook Medical School, and remains an assistant professor and attending physician at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Medical College of Cornell University. She was also an instructor in Dermatology and History at the University of Pennsylvania. Throughout her career Dr. Rafal has received many honors and awards, including the Beiersdorf Travel Award in Dermatology from the University of Michigan Department of Dermatology (1990), the Basic Science Research Award from the Michigan Dermatological Society (1991), the Upjohn Resident Research Award in Recognition for Outstanding Dermatology Research from the University of Michigan Department of Dermatology (1992), the British Association of Dermatology Fellowship awarded by the American Academy of Dermatology (1996), and Keynote Speaker for the Society of Cosmetic Chemists Annual Scientific Meeting (1999). Dr. Rafal's professional memberships include: American Medical Association - Member, 1987 - Present American Academy of Dermatology Committee on Curriculum Development, Resident Representative 1989-1991 Member, 1989 - Present The Society for Investigative Dermatology, Member, 1989 - Present Suffolk County Dermatology Society, Member, 1993 - Present

Elyse Rafal MD

• MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Rafal

Dr. Rafal's Experience

Dr. Rafal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Hidradenitis
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Resurfacing
  • Venous Sclerotherapy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Harvard School Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Suny-Health Science Center At Brooklyn (Formerly Downstate Medical Center)
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Montefiore Medical Center-Moses Division
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Of Michigan Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Rafal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rafal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rafal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rafal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rafal to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Rafal's Performance
in Cold Spring Harbor |
Excellent injector, I would highly recommend her.
Selden, NY |
Dr. Elyse Rafal is amazing.  I had a mysterious rash under one arm.  My doctor did not know what it was and sent me to Dr. Rafal.  Dr. Rafal's super nice staff got me an appointment right away. Dr. Rafal looked at the rash, diagnosed it and called in a prescription. The doctor actually didn't rush me along, she was very attentive. The doctor and her staff were so friendly and knowledgeable I decided to schedule underarm Laser Hair removal treatments.
in Miller Place, NY |
great doc, and staff came for fillers on my lips , will come back
in Stony Brook, NY |
i came to Dr. Rafal for the first time, I have never addressed any moles or anything on my body, she performed a TBSE, she is very professional and smart, she caught a basal cell on my nose, so glad i came in !
in Coram, NY |
Dr. Rafal and her staff were amazing ! Thank you so much! I was searching for a cosmetic doctor , and could not have asked for better! Dr. Rafal was very knowlegdeable and talented! very pleased!
in Holbrook NY |
Dr. Rafal is a wonderful dermatologist. She is attentive and takes time to discuss all options and medications available to treat your skin. Her office staff and nurses are great. Very professional. Dr.Rafal was recommended by a friend and I would totally recommend her as well. Look no further.. you will be in good hands
Thank you so much for kind review! That means so much to me you took time out of your day to write such a nice compliment about me and my staff ! much appreciation Elyse S. Rafal MD
in NY |
Excellent Doctor ! Very knowledgeable , Great staff!
So very nice of you to review our practice! it is a pleasure !
in port jefferson ny |
very caring
Thank you for your review !
in Stony Brook, NY |
Dr. Rafal spent a lot of time with me during my visit. I was very upset regarding a mole and she stayed with me until I was assured everything would be ok. She even called me herself once the biopsy results were in to let me know everything was ok.
Heather , thank you for your review! much appreciated!
in Blue point NY |
She is professional and only wants the best for each patient she sees! She takes her time and makes sure her work is the perfect effect both she and her patient are seeking. Her nursing staff are warm and make the visit feel like "family". I love her skin care products and now that I've experienced what they can do, I would never buy anything else. She is a blessing!
Jane , Thank you for the review, I really appreciate all your kind words and hope it helps other patients. I'm so lucky to have you as a patient!
in Selden NY |
Dr. Rafal is one thorough doctor. Her staff is extremely caring and helpful. Dr. Rafal was a life saver.
Paula, Thank you for your comment that is so kind and greatly appreciated! please call the office and let them know you wrote such a kind review on health grades, I want to offer you a special gift!
in Suffolk ny |
Wait for hours then rushed out..
Mary, I am so sorry your experience with me felt so rushed , please feel free to contact me at my office and we will ensure to make it right. I do not want any patient to feel rushed. Telephone 631.689.0300
Stony Brook, NY |
Terrible
I'm so sorry you were disappointed with our care , we are trying to work on answering all reviews new and old! If there is anything we can do please call my office, and ask to speak to a nurse directly to rectify any concerns, so we can move fwd and offer all our pts the best care possible! Thank you for taking your time to review us! Elyse S. Rafal MD
Have you seen Dr. Elyse Rafal, MD?

Visit Dr. Rafal