Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Schwartzenburg

Drs. Schwartzenburg, Lafranca, Guidry, and Chapman

500 Rue De La Vie St Ste 210 Baton Rouge, LA 70817

Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Baton Rouge, LA and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans in 1980 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology and gynecologic surgery.

Dr. Schwartzenburg accepts

Dr. Schwartzenburg accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access PPO
Coventry Health Care
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Health Net
Medicare Advantage PFFS
HealthSmart
Meritain Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Louisiana

Check Dr. Schwartzenburg's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Schwartzenburg's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cervicitis

Dr. Schwartzenburg treats Cervicitis more than 76% of his peers

Dr. Schwartzenburg treats this condition more than 76% of his peers

Dr. Schwartzenburg performs Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy) more than 71% of his peers

Dr. Schwartzenburg performs this procedure more than 71% of his peers

• Laparoscopic Salpingectomy
  • Oophorectomy
  • Supracervical Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Schwartzenburg treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 71% of his peers

Dr. Schwartzenburg treats this condition more than 71% of his peers

• Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Colposcopy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Gynecological Examination
  • Hepatitis B Virus Screening
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Inflammatory Pelvic Pain
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Laser Laparoscopy
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic

1981
1980
1976

• Best Doctor Award, 2009, 2010
  • Member of the Board of Directors of Woman's Hospital in Baton Rouge, Past Chairman of the Board, 2001-2010

Dr. Schwartzenburg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schwartzenburg

Dr. Schwartzenburg?
Dr. Schwartzenburg's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Schwartzenburg was my surgeon for a robotic hysterectomy. He was wonderful with me and my family. Kept us all in the know. He also had a great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg is a very professional and personal doctor. He takes the time to explain everything and makes sure you are comfortable. Also his staff is very friendly and always answers your calls and also returns your messages. High recommend!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
I came to Dr. Ellis knowing he's mostly retired, and I left wishing that wasn't the case. What made my experience so great is not only did he hear me, he listened, and was invested in finding a solution. I could tell he spent time outside of the office considering what was best for me, and he made me an active participant in my treatment plan. Dr. Ellis is knowledgeable, skilled, and compassionate. I will miss having such a phenomenal doctor when I no longer need treatment or he fully retires.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis’s bedside manner and skill was excellent throughout my recent procedure. I can’t recommend him highly enough. Throughout the process of diagnosis to treatment, I felt assured that my concerns were appreciated and his medical plan was top notch. Truly, one of the kindest doctors that I know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr Ellis, I doubt you remember me but I will never forget you. Due to your patience and good nature, I went through two successful pregnancies, having baby boys both times. At the birth of my second child, a C-section, you and Dr Clifford found I had ovarian cancer. Dr Giles Fort and you operated a month after the birth, a complete hysterectomy for me. Today, I am the proud mother of an attorney and an architect. I love you, always will.
Debbie, I certainly do remember you. After all...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis performed a supracervical hysterectomy on me, July 12,2018. He listened to me, and answered all of my questions. I requested an abdominal incision and that I be allowed to keep my cervix. He did an AMAZING job! Ladies, if you're looking for a gyn surgeon, Dr. Ellis is still around and doing GREAT work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis is still working part-time. I felt very confident with my decision to have Dr. Ellis perform my surgery. He took the time to answer all my questions without 1 foot out of the door to the exam room.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis is amazing. Even though he is retired, he is still performing surgeries and I was happy to find out he would be performing my hysterectomy. Before the surgery he took the time to explain the procedure in detail and answered all of the questions I had. He has great bedside manner and called me in the hospital many times to check on me and also once I got home. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Even though Dr. Schwartzenburg is retired from regular practice, I found out he is still available for performing surgeries, therefore, when it was my time for a hysterectomy, I didn't hesitate on who I would call.. He is an amazing doctor, both in his knowledge of his field, but also in his ability to explain it to the patient. His bedside manner is top notch. He treats everyone like he would his own family members. He checked on me several times during recovery and showed he really cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr.Schwartzenburg is the best! His bedside manner is excellent, and he is very attentive to his patients. I highly recommend him!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis is a very gentle, caring, and knowledgeable doctor. He listens and fully explains his diagnosis and any options a patient might have. He recently performed surgery on me and was very friendly and up-beat when he came in to see me prior to surgery. He had thoroughly planned for a cancer specialist to assist with surgery if needed. I never felt rushed to leave the hospital after my procedure. I was fully functional and doing well when I left on the same day as surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis recently performed a robotic assisted hysterectomy on me. He is always courteous and has a wonder bedside manner. From pre-op to post-op, he was very easy to talk to and answered all of my questions thoroughly and made sure I understood everything that was going to happen. He followed up with me after the surgery with phone calls to check on me and my status. Dr. Ellis is the 3rd Schwartzenburg that I've had the privilege of "working" with and I've never been disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Schwartzenburg for several years and have always received the highest level of care. He is semi-retired now, but I was greatly relieved to find that he still does surgery consults and surgeries. He performed a cystocele/rectocele surgery for me in March 2017. The knowledge, skill, care, and compassion shown to me (and my husband) during the whole process was above and beyond any I have ever experienced. I cannot stress this fact enough! I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
There will never be a greater Doctor to me than him! He's irreplaceable!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis performed robotic assist hysterectomy on me in January 2017 and everything went great! I had no complications from the surgery and my incisions are healing very nicely. I highly recommend him for surgery, he is very personable and is an expert at what he does. I love how he took the time to discuss the best options for the issues I had and just knowing I was in the best hands for surgery. Thank you Dr. Ellis for helping me to feel great again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis has been my doctor for 30 years and is an incredible doctor with an amazing bedside manner. I was elated to learn that, although he retired from his primary practice, he is continuing to perform certain surgeries. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Schwartzenburg for 20 years and hands down he is the best doctor ever. He treats every patient like family while delivering professional, excellent care. He delivered my son in 2003 and still asks about him 13 years later. I recently had a hysterectomy before the holidays and Dr. Schwartzenburg called himself to check on me himself before Christmas to make sure everything was going well. I trust his judgment as he has never steered me wrong. I recommend him to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg is a wonderful doctor, and such a genuine, kind man. He has been my doctor for over 27 years. He delivered my three children as well as performing surgeries that I required. I have never felt like I was just a number. Dr. Ellis has always spent plenty of time with me to explain things or answer questions. He is very easy to talk to, and very knowledgeable. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Ellis. His nursing staff is wonderful as well. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
No matter what I'm going in for Dr. Ellis and Kim are always caring and helpful. I am so glad Dr. Ellis is still seeing his existing patients for surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
I have been a patent of Dr. Ellis over thirty years. He has the best bedside manners than any doctor I have ever visited. He is a caring and compassionate dr. He has been that way every since I became a life long patient.. I often joke about us growing up as Dr. And patient together. He make sure everything you need is taken care of. He doesn't rush in and out, he listens to your concerns and discuss them with you, more importantly , he takes care of it. I will miss him as my gyn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schwartzenburg?