Dr. Ellis J. Schwartzenburg, MD

Dr. Ellis J. Schwartzenburg, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Drs. Schwartzenburg, Lafranca, Guidry, and Chapman 500 Rue De La Vie St Ste 210, Baton Rouge, LA 70817 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Schwartzenburg specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology and practices in Baton Rouge, LA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Schwartzenburg? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Schwartzenburg's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Schwartzenburg's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schwartzenburg

Dr. Schwartzenburg accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schwartzenburg has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Schwartzenburg's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwartzenburg to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Schwartzenburg
Dr. Schwartzenburg's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (98)
in Denham Springs, LA |
This is one of the finest physicians I have ever been to. I have been a patient since 2008 and recently had surgery performed by Dr. Schwartzenburg. Knowing of his outstanding reputation I was not very anxious about the surgery. He stayed with me every step of the way. My hospital stay was one of the smoothest I have known. After the surgery I am better than ever. Dr. Schwartzenburg truly practices the art of medicine as it was meant to be. I wish all physicians were like him!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
He's been my physician for 25 years. Caring, patient, calm demeanor, gentle but most importantly, intelligent, professional and thorough. He always takes time to explain things in depth. Truly one of a kind.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Schwartzenburg to anyone. He has a very warm and kind personality, so it's very easy to talk to him about what's going on. He has many years of experience, he is very professional, and makes his patients his first priority.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg has been my doctor for over 30 years. He and his staff are courteous and always make you feel comfortable in what is usually an uncomfortable situation. I have recommended him numerous times over the years and will continue to do so. They are the best in town!!! Not quite sure what I will do when he and Kim retire... Love you guys!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I consider Dr. Ellis to be a family member!! By far the best doctor I've ever had to see. He always makes me feel like I am his only patient during my visit, never rushes me and takes time to answer all of my questions.
in White Castle, LA |
Dr. Schwartzenburg and his staff are absolutely wonderful! He has the best bedside manner and most gentle demeanor. I never feel rushed when he is with me. The office staff is friendly and the waiting room is very comfortable. His nurse(s) are always friendly and helpful and respond quickly with calls anytime I have a question or concern. Very Highly Recommended!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I have seen Dr. Ellis Scwartzenburg for over 20 years. He has treated me throughout infertility issues, miscarriages and 3 pregnancies with complications. He is a very kind and compassionate doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
in Greenwell Springs, LA |
Dr. Ellis delivered 2 of my children. He was always so attentive and caring. Recently, I needed to undergo a total hysterectomy. Dr. Ellis went above and beyond to take care of me. Due to other health issues, I had a minor post-op complication. My phone calls to his office were returned promptly and his nurses are absolutely amazing! You can tell that he truly cares. I can't say enough positive things about him. I work in the medical field and have never met a more compassionate physician.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Ellis is a wonderful physician - very caring and he truly has the best bedside manner. He has been my OBGYN for over 20 years and I have always been more than pleased with his level of care. His staff is incredible as well!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr Ellis and Kim his nurse are very personable. They definitely make my annual check-ups as comfortable as possible. He has been my doctor and she has been my nurse for almost 30 years. They make a VERY VERY GOOD TEAM!
in Denham Springs, LA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Schwartzenburg. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor I've ever met. He and his staff were by my side through a very high risk pregnancy and made a scary situation much easier to get through. All of his patients love him and he loves his patients and babies!
in Donaldsonville, LA |
I have been having Dr. Ellis as my OB/GYN for 32 years. He delivered two of my three children and also delivered our 1st. grandchild. He also performed my Hysterectomy. I have the utmost trust in him. My experience has been wonderful through out the years at all of his offices. If you are looking for a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor, he is the best. His staff have all been there to answer any questions when needed. I would highly recommend Dr. Ellis Schwartznburg as a gynecologist.
in Denham Springs, Louisiana |
Dr. Ellis has been my doctor for 20 years. He is the best in his field and so is his staff. He is very caring, listens to you, and easy to talk to about anything going on with you. He delivered my twins 17 years ago and I highly recommend him to any one I know who is looking for a great obstetrician/gynecologist!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I have been seeing Dr. Ellis for over 30 years. I wouldn't want to see another doctor. He is a very caring doctor. He always takes the time to listen to what you have to say.
in Denham Springs |
Dr. Ellis has been my physician over 17 years. He and his staff are considerate of my time, personable, and caring. I always recommend Dr. Ellis to friends that are seeking an obstetrician.
in Addis, LA |
HE IS A VERY UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENT DOCTOR
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Great physician, I have been with this office over 30 years. 4 star absolutely staff and physicians. My entire female family tree has been seen in this office
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Schwartzenburg is one of the best in his field. He has a kind and patient manner, and whether it is good news or bad (and I have experienced both with him!) ... he always is consistently professional and patient. He takes the time to listen and take concerns seriously. I will be with him until he retires, which hopefully won't be very soon!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr Ellis has been my doctor for almost 30 years. He has delivered both of my grown children. I would hate to have to go to another doctor because Dr Ellis makes me feel so comfortable and you can discuss any personal issues with him without embarrassment.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Schwartzenburg is an excellent physician and person. I would recommend him to anyone and have complete trust in his practice.
in Baton Rouge LA |
Dr Ellis has always been very kind & professional. He always takes time to thoroughly address all of my medical needs.
Have you seen Dr. Ellis J. Schwartzenburg, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwartzenburg?

Compare Dr. Schwartzenburg

• Endometriosis
  • Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
  • Female Infertility
  • Genital Warts
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Inflammatory Pelvic Pain
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders

• Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Birth Control
  • Colposcopy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Nexplanon® Etonogestrel Implant
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans

Completed in 1984

McNeese State Universty

Graduated in 1976

• Best Doctor Award, 2009, 2010
    • Member of the Board of Directors of Woman's Hospital in Baton Rouge, Past Chairman of the Board, 2001-2010

Dr. Schwartzenburg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schwartzenburg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwartzenburg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Schwartzenburg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Schwartzenburg

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Schwartzenburg's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes