Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD
Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Baton Rouge, LA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Schwartzenburg is affiliated with Woman's Hospital.

500 Rue De La Vie St Ste 210

Baton Rouge, LA 70817

• CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Schwartzenburg

Dr. Schwartzenburg's Experience

Dr. Schwartzenburg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Endometriosis
  • Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
  • Female Infertility
  • Genital Warts
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Inflammatory Pelvic Pain
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders

• Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Birth Control
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• McNeese State Universty
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Christus St Joseph Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984

• Best Doctor Award, 2009, 2010
  • Member of the Board of Directors of Woman's Hospital in Baton Rouge, Past Chairman of the Board, 2001-2010

Dr. Schwartzenburg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schwartzenburg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwartzenburg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schwartzenburg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwartzenburg to family and friends
Dr. Schwartzenburg's Performance
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Ellis is a very gentle, caring, and knowledgeable doctor. He listens and fully explains his diagnosis and any options a patient might have. He recently performed surgery on me and was very friendly and up-beat when he came in to see me prior to surgery. He had thoroughly planned for a cancer specialist to assist with surgery if needed. I never felt rushed to leave the hospital after my procedure. I was fully functional and doing well when I left on the same day as surgery.
Albany, LA |
Dr. Ellis recently performed a robotic assisted hysterectomy on me. He is always courteous and has a wonder bedside manner. From pre-op to post-op, he was very easy to talk to and answered all of my questions thoroughly and made sure I understood everything that was going to happen. He followed up with me after the surgery with phone calls to check on me and my status. Dr. Ellis is the 3rd Schwartzenburg that I've had the privilege of "working" with and I've never been disappointed.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Schwartzenburg for several years and have always received the highest level of care. He is semi-retired now, but I was greatly relieved to find that he still does surgery consults and surgeries. He performed a cystocele/rectocele surgery for me in March 2017. The knowledge, skill, care, and compassion shown to me (and my husband) during the whole process was above and beyond any I have ever experienced. I cannot stress this fact enough! I would highly recommend him.
in Baton Rouge LA |
There will never be a greater Doctor to me than him! He's irreplaceable!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Ellis performed robotic assist hysterectomy on me in January 2017 and everything went great! I had no complications from the surgery and my incisions are healing very nicely. I highly recommend him for surgery, he is very personable and is an expert at what he does. I love how he took the time to discuss the best options for the issues I had and just knowing I was in the best hands for surgery. Thank you Dr. Ellis for helping me to feel great again!
Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Ellis has been my doctor for 30 years and is an incredible doctor with an amazing bedside manner. I was elated to learn that, although he retired from his primary practice, he is continuing to perform certain surgeries. I highly recommend him.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I have been going to Dr. Schwartzenburg for 20 years and hands down he is the best doctor ever. He treats every patient like family while delivering professional, excellent care. He delivered my son in 2003 and still asks about him 13 years later. I recently had a hysterectomy before the holidays and Dr. Schwartzenburg called himself to check on me himself before Christmas to make sure everything was going well. I trust his judgment as he has never steered me wrong. I recommend him to everyone.
in Ponchatoula, LA |
Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg is a wonderful doctor, and such a genuine, kind man. He has been my doctor for over 27 years. He delivered my three children as well as performing surgeries that I required. I have never felt like I was just a number. Dr. Ellis has always spent plenty of time with me to explain things or answer questions. He is very easy to talk to, and very knowledgeable. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Ellis. His nursing staff is wonderful as well. I would highly recommend him.
in Walker, LA |
No matter what I'm going in for Dr. Ellis and Kim are always caring and helpful. I am so glad Dr. Ellis is still seeing his existing patients for surgery.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I have been a patent of Dr. Ellis over thirty years. He has the best bedside manners than any doctor I have ever visited. He is a caring and compassionate dr. He has been that way every since I became a life long patient.. I often joke about us growing up as Dr. And patient together. He make sure everything you need is taken care of. He doesn't rush in and out, he listens to your concerns and discuss them with you, more importantly , he takes care of it. I will miss him as my gyn.
in Denham Springs, LA |
This is one of the finest physicians I have ever been to. I have been a patient since 2008 and recently had surgery performed by Dr. Schwartzenburg. Knowing of his outstanding reputation I was not very anxious about the surgery. He stayed with me every step of the way. My hospital stay was one of the smoothest I have known. After the surgery I am better than ever. Dr. Schwartzenburg truly practices the art of medicine as it was meant to be. I wish all physicians were like him!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
He's been my physician for 25 years. Caring, patient, calm demeanor, gentle but most importantly, intelligent, professional and thorough. He always takes time to explain things in depth. Truly one of a kind.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Schwartzenburg to anyone. He has a very warm and kind personality, so it's very easy to talk to him about what's going on. He has many years of experience, he is very professional, and makes his patients his first priority.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg has been my doctor for over 30 years. He and his staff are courteous and always make you feel comfortable in what is usually an uncomfortable situation. I have recommended him numerous times over the years and will continue to do so. They are the best in town!!! Not quite sure what I will do when he and Kim retire... Love you guys!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I consider Dr. Ellis to be a family member!! By far the best doctor I've ever had to see. He always makes me feel like I am his only patient during my visit, never rushes me and takes time to answer all of my questions.
in White Castle, LA |
Dr. Schwartzenburg and his staff are absolutely wonderful! He has the best bedside manner and most gentle demeanor. I never feel rushed when he is with me. The office staff is friendly and the waiting room is very comfortable. His nurse(s) are always friendly and helpful and respond quickly with calls anytime I have a question or concern. Very Highly Recommended!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I have seen Dr. Ellis Scwartzenburg for over 20 years. He has treated me throughout infertility issues, miscarriages and 3 pregnancies with complications. He is a very kind and compassionate doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
in Greenwell Springs, LA |
Dr. Ellis delivered 2 of my children. He was always so attentive and caring. Recently, I needed to undergo a total hysterectomy. Dr. Ellis went above and beyond to take care of me. Due to other health issues, I had a minor post-op complication. My phone calls to his office were returned promptly and his nurses are absolutely amazing! You can tell that he truly cares. I can't say enough positive things about him. I work in the medical field and have never met a more compassionate physician.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Ellis is a wonderful physician - very caring and he truly has the best bedside manner. He has been my OBGYN for over 20 years and I have always been more than pleased with his level of care. His staff is incredible as well!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr Ellis and Kim his nurse are very personable. They definitely make my annual check-ups as comfortable as possible. He has been my doctor and she has been my nurse for almost 30 years. They make a VERY VERY GOOD TEAM!
in Denham Springs, LA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Schwartzenburg. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor I've ever met. He and his staff were by my side through a very high risk pregnancy and made a scary situation much easier to get through. All of his patients love him and he loves his patients and babies!
in Donaldsonville, LA |
I have been having Dr. Ellis as my OB/GYN for 32 years. He delivered two of my three children and also delivered our 1st. grandchild. He also performed my Hysterectomy. I have the utmost trust in him. My experience has been wonderful through out the years at all of his offices. If you are looking for a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor, he is the best. His staff have all been there to answer any questions when needed. I would highly recommend Dr. Ellis Schwartznburg as a gynecologist.
in Denham Springs, Louisiana |
Dr. Ellis has been my doctor for 20 years. He is the best in his field and so is his staff. He is very caring, listens to you, and easy to talk to about anything going on with you. He delivered my twins 17 years ago and I highly recommend him to any one I know who is looking for a great obstetrician/gynecologist!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I have been seeing Dr. Ellis for over 30 years. I wouldn't want to see another doctor. He is a very caring doctor. He always takes the time to listen to what you have to say.
in Denham Springs |
Dr. Ellis has been my physician over 17 years. He and his staff are considerate of my time, personable, and caring. I always recommend Dr. Ellis to friends that are seeking an obstetrician.
in Addis, LA |
HE IS A VERY UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENT DOCTOR
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Great physician, I have been with this office over 30 years. 4 star absolutely staff and physicians. My entire female family tree has been seen in this office
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Schwartzenburg is one of the best in his field. He has a kind and patient manner, and whether it is good news or bad (and I have experienced both with him!) ... he always is consistently professional and patient. He takes the time to listen and take concerns seriously. I will be with him until he retires, which hopefully won't be very soon!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr Ellis has been my doctor for almost 30 years. He has delivered both of my grown children. I would hate to have to go to another doctor because Dr Ellis makes me feel so comfortable and you can discuss any personal issues with him without embarrassment.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Schwartzenburg is an excellent physician and person. I would recommend him to anyone and have complete trust in his practice.
in Baton Rouge LA |
Dr Ellis has always been very kind & professional. He always takes time to thoroughly address all of my medical needs.
Have you seen Dr. Ellis Schwartzenburg, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwartzenburg?

See our Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist at Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge

Visit Dr. Schwartzenburg

Preferred Plan PPO
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA