Dr. Elliott L. Rustad, MD

Dr. Elliott L. Rustad, MD

Dermatology | Male | 82 years old

Our mission is to utilize extensive training and experience to provide patients with superior dermatological care that is both effective and economical. We strive to provide the best care possible and constantly consider cost effectiveness. Care at Rustad Dermatology includes the latest dermatologic techniques and is generally concerned for your entire health and well being.Read more

Personal Bio

Elliott L. Rustad, MD, FAAD is a Board Certified Dermatologist serving the Lincoln area for more than 45 years. Dr....Read more

Dr. Rustad's Experience

See how Dr. Rustad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rustad

Dr. Rustad accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Rustad has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Rustad
Dr. Rustad's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (44)
in Lincoln, Ne |
I've been a patient of Dr Rustad for over 10 years, he is a great Dr. I truly trust his opinion as it's never sugar coated. Today we took our 3 year old son in who had a cut on his face, & once again his advise was much appreciated. Thank you
in Lincoln, NE |
Rustad made very inappropriate inquiries about my personal life. He wasn't trying to be rude but it was very uncomfortable and offensive. I also felt he didn't spend enough time actually examining the spots I went in for. I do not recommend Rustad dermatology.
in Lincoln, NE |
I highly recommend this doctor for treating hard to resolve skin issues. I have had a horrible life interrupting skin rash (fungus) for most of the last 25 years. I have went to over 10 doctors and dermatologists to try to find a relief. He was able to prescribe a topical combination that brought me complete relief and I have been 100% clear for over two weeks now. I have to say that his "bedside manor" is pretty straight forward, but this doctor has my loyalty for life.
in Lincoln, NE |
I have been going to another dermatologist here in Lincoln for years with no cure to my problem. After seeing Dr. Rustad one time, he knew exactly what I had and treated it. Before I returned for my 2 week check, my skin was clear. No more itch, no more rash. I can finally sleep at night again. Will definitely recommend him!!
in Omaha, NE |
The office is completely disorganized. The check-in area is right in front of the exit door. I was hit hard by someone exiting the back office. There was no attempt to prevent it from happening again. We waited almost an hour for the doctor and were escorted to a room that was not cleaned. The assistant cleaned the room as we stood there. All that hassle for a less than 5 minute appoint for lab results. The results should of been mailed, instead of wasting our time and collecting more money.
in Lincoln, NE |
I have had the worst experience ever with Dr. Rustad. The other day, I went in to see him because a medication he had prescribed stopped working after a few weeks. He saw me for about 5 minutes, wrote some things down on a piece of paper for me to give to the front desk which were supposed to be my new prescriptions. Turns out he prescribed the EXACT SAME thing. He is also very rude and ill-mannered. I would seriously give 0 stars if possible. Doctor has absolutely zero concern for his patients.
in Lincoln ne |
I arrived early to my appointment and waited for 45 minutes after my scheduled time to be taken back. Dr. Rustad was the rudest Doctor/person I have ever met in my life! He talked to me very disrespectful and gave little information about my situation. He seemed so rushed and like I was a bother to him. I regret paying my copay to see him. I would NOT recommend anyone to go here.
in Lincoln, NE |
Knowledgeable, friendly, experienced. Have seen him for years for my psoriasis. He avoids internal treatments and focuses on external, topical treatments. It's a philosophy I agree with. You do have to wait often, and that's the main reason I see for the negative complaints about him. That's a drawback, but his doctoring is excellent. Try scheduling first thing in the morning, and you go right in.
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr. Rustad is the most trained dermatologist around. He really knows his stuff and how to treat it. i had a rash on my arms and had went to 3 other doctors before with no luck, but Dr. Rustad knew exactly what it was and how to treat it he. within a week i was cleared! He has been a wonderful doctor to my family over the years.
Lincoln, NE |
if I could give negative stars for this poor excuse for Dr. I would. He's rude, and yelled at my 85 grandmother when she came in for her checkup. He called her names and told her she was not a nice person and abused the courtesy of having his cellphone number. He told her he was no longer answering her calls and told her to go to the emergency room, but in the same breath said he didn't want her to go to the emergency room because they didn't know his procedures. what a huge jerk.
in Lincoln, NE |
In a hurry. Left a skin cancer untreated for five years, while assuring me that it wasn't cancer and freezing and scraping it to no avail. Usually understaffed and over booked, so you can wait long after your allotted time to even get in the room and then you wait some more and then he comes in and is out as fast as he can get. Wouldn't recommend this person to anyone again.
in Lincoln, NE |
I showed up 15 minutes early for my appt, and didn't see the Dr. until 30 mins AFTER my appointment time. My prescription was not sent to my pharmacy until the next day. I wasn't asked any questions about my condition; I was given a script and sent out the door. If my script does not fix the problem, I definitely will not be coming back and will not be referring to anyone else.
Have you seen Dr. Elliott L. Rustad, MD?
Are you Dr. Rustad?

Compare Dr. Rustad

Dr. Rustad says...

Elliott L. Rustad, MD, FAAD is a Board Certified Dermatologist serving the Lincoln area for more than 45 years. Dr. Rustad is experienced in Pediatric Dermatology, Psoriasis Treatment and Skin Cancer. He is a professional member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery and the American Medical Association.

PRACTICE EHR

• Nebraska Medical Association
  • Lancaster County Medical Society
  • Metro Omaha Medical Society

FORMS OF PAYMENT

• We accept cash, checks, and all Credit Cards. We offer financing through CareCredit.

INSURANCES ACCEPTED

• Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross / Blue Shield, Champus, Cigna, Co-Opportunity Health, Coventry, Humana, Medicare, Midlands Choice, Railroad Medicare, TriCare, United Healthcare

OFFICE HOURS

• Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
  • Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (urgent care)
  • Saturday: 9:00 AM – noon

• Urgent Care for Skin
  • Surgical Dermatology
  • Mole Removal
  • Skin Biopsy

Dr. Rustad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Nebraska not available

Dr. Rustad has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rustad's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid
  • Ulcer
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts
  • Wrinkles

University of Minnesota Medical School - M.D.

Graduated in 1960

General Practice - Santa Clara County Hospital
    Dermatology - University of Minnesota

• German
  • Norwegian

Dr. Rustad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rustad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology