Dermatology  |
Dr. Elliott Rustad, MD
Elliott L. Rustad, MD, FAAD is a Board Certified Dermatologist serving the Lincoln area for more than 45 years. Dr. Rustad is experienced in Pediatric Dermatology, Psoriasis Treatment and Skin Cancer. He is a professional member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery and the American Medical Association. PRACTICE EHR EMA PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION American Academy of Dermatology American Society for Dermatologic Surgery American Medical Association Nebraska Medical Association Lancaster County Medical Society Metro Omaha Medical Society FORMS OF PAYMENT We accept cash, checks, and all Credit Cards. We offer financing through CareCredit. INSURANCES ACCEPTED Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross / Blue Shield, Champus, Cigna, Coventry, Humana, Medicare, Midlands Choice, Railroad Medicare, TriCare, United Healthcare OFFICE HOURS Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Saturday: 9:00 AM – noon (every other Saturday)

1919 S 40th St Ste 330

Lincoln, NE 68506

• Medico
  • Principal Life
  • Thrivent Financial

Learn about Dr. Rustad

Our mission is to utilize extensive training and experience to provide patients with superior dermatological care that is both effective and economical. We strive to provide the best care possible and constantly consider cost effectiveness. Care at Rustad Dermatology includes the latest dermatologic techniques and is generally concerned for your entire health and well being.

Dr. Rustad's Experience

Dr. Rustad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• University Of Minnesota Medical School-M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated 1960
  • General Practice-Santa Clara County Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Dermatology-University Of Minnesota

Dr. Rustad has no media or publications listed.

• German
  • Norwegian

Dr. Rustad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rustad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rustad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rustad to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Rustad's Performance
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr Rustad is an EXCELLENT dermatologist. He has taken care of me on several occasions and I've been 100% completely satisfied. He has treated the back of my hand a growth, removed skin tags and age spots from the backs of both hands. His demeanor is terrific and he's very easy to talk with. I had a fungal growth on my groin area and he knew how to get rid of it prior to my big rectal cancer surgery.
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr. Rustad did a great job, he treated me for psoriasis. He prescribed exactly what I needed to clear it up, He's a great dermatologist.
Lincoln, NE |
I've been coming to Dr. Rustad for many years now. He has a great sense of humor and really knows his stuff.
Kearney, NE |
I would highly recommend coming to Rustad Dermatology, as my experience here has been very positive, and I have had wonderful results. Everyone in the clinic is very kind and creating a positive environment. I struggled with acne, and the results have been wonderful! My acne is gone with very little to no scars on my face. I would highly recommend making an appointment to see such rewarding results.
in Kearney, NE |
We highly recommend Dr. Rustad. Our exprerience coming here has been very positive.
in Stromsburg, NE |
Dr Rustad has been awesome!!! My son was so worried how his face looked. The treatment plan he has for Anthony has worked so well. We tried everything and nothing worked. We really enjoy coming in to see him and his staff they are all so nice. We highly recommend Dr Rustad!!!!
Omaha, NE |
My visit was a total waste!!! I was prescribed a medication that I've used previously and it didn't work. I pleaded with Dr. Rustad to not prescribe the medication, but he insisted! I'm not picking up the medication, and I'm never seeing him again!
in Lincoln, NE |
Been seeing vast improvements over the last several months concerning a few cases of alopecia and hair loss. Each appointment has been accommodating and convenient; in and out efficiently. Dr. Rustad is very knowledgeable about the subject and is willing to help in any way.
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr. Rustad did a great job of treating my acne! Within a month I saw a major change, and within a few months my acne was totally resolved. I had tried OTC treatments but nothing worked until I started coming to Dr. Rustad.
in Lincoln, NE |
I have been going to Dr. Rustad for about 4 months because I was having very painful acne. My parents set up an appointment for me because I was tired of being embarrassed about my face and I started coming to Dr. Rustad! Now, I am super happy with the results and I have absolutely no scarring and my acne is just about completely gone! Dr. Rustad is an awesome doctor and he WILL get your acne taken care of every time you go to see him. His methods rock and actually work!
Lincoln, NE |
Had a very pleasant visit with Dr. Rustad .He apologized for the long wait the first time i saw him and offered to take care of my cyst the first time i saw him so i did not need to make another appt ..He was efficient and caring and was good about carrying on a nice conversation to help me feel comfortable during my procedure..He also personally sent me a thank you card for my business!.
in Lincoln, NE |
im very happy with the help that he give me and im very much better now and the ladies in doctor offices are very nice we recomend dr.rustand
in Hastings, NE |
I am 32 years old and started getting horrible acne around 27-28 years old. I tried everything you could possibly imagine! The most expensive face washes on the market, the new trends on social media/YouTube, the top of the line, so-called " clinique clarisonic brushes" and every home remedy known to man! I couldn't take it anymore and neither could my pocket book. So I called Dr. Rustad's office and the nurses got me in the next day in the Hastings office! Literally within a week my face cleare
in Lincoln, NE |
We are extremely happy with this office and all of their staff. They got us in the same day and knew what the problem was with our 3 year old son within just minutes of seeing Dr. Rustad. After seeing multiple other physicians, P.A.'s, and Nurses with no results, we were amazed with how fast his skin cleared and is doing so much better. Thank you very much! 3 years of skin problems now solved!
in Lincoln, NE |
I got in very quick, Dr. Rustad made sure to help get my acne under control and I have seen nothing but great progress. I never imagined to see such fast progress. I would highly suggest anyone with any skin problems to come visit him. The staff is always smiling and friendly. It really makes for a great drs. visit.
Lincoln, NE |
I came in to have a mole checked and was able to have it removed in the same appointment. Dr. Rustad was courteous, professional, and caring.
in Lincoln, NE |
I was able to get my daughter in the same day I called, and the treatment was quick and efficient. Friendly office staff, experienced doctor. Kid-friendly. Loved it!
Lincoln, NE |
Before coming to Dr. Rustad's practice, I went to half a dozen other dermatologists. All wanted to put me on very intense medications with a lot of side effects and little hope of long-term acne relief. I found Dr. Rustad, however, and my acne began clearing up immediately. A year later, I feel much more confident, feel less inclined to constantly cover my face with makeup, and I feel no pain from face acne anymore. Besides being treated quickly and effectively, I really enjoyed the staff here.
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr. Rustad is very knowledgeable and educated! After seeing two other doctors for my skin condition, he knew instantly what it was. After waiting weeks for answers, I finally got relief with the proper medications. I did see his son prior and the wait times were Terrible!! I have never had to wait more than 5-10 mins to be seen by Elliott Rustad. I like to describe Dr. Rustad as "old school". He's very blunt and will tell you like it is. I don't have a problem with this. I must have thick skin!
in Lincoln, Ne |
I've been a patient of Dr Rustad for over 10 years, he is a great Dr. I truly trust his opinion as it's never sugar coated. Today we took our 3 year old son in who had a cut on his face, & once again his advise was much appreciated. Thank you
in Lincoln, NE |
Rustad made very inappropriate inquiries about my personal life. He wasn't trying to be rude but it was very uncomfortable and offensive. I also felt he didn't spend enough time actually examining the spots I went in for. I do not recommend Rustad dermatology.
in Lincoln, NE |
I highly recommend this doctor for treating hard to resolve skin issues. I have had a horrible life interrupting skin rash (fungus) for most of the last 25 years. I have went to over 10 doctors and dermatologists to try to find a relief. He was able to prescribe a topical combination that brought me complete relief and I have been 100% clear for over two weeks now. I have to say that his "bedside manor" is pretty straight forward, but this doctor has my loyalty for life.
in Omaha, NE |
The office is completely disorganized. The check-in area is right in front of the exit door. I was hit hard by someone exiting the back office. There was no attempt to prevent it from happening again. We waited almost an hour for the doctor and were escorted to a room that was not cleaned. The assistant cleaned the room as we stood there. All that hassle for a less than 5 minute appoint for lab results. The results should of been mailed, instead of wasting our time and collecting more money.
in Lincoln, NE |
I have had the worst experience ever with Dr. Rustad. The other day, I went in to see him because a medication he had prescribed stopped working after a few weeks. He saw me for about 5 minutes, wrote some things down on a piece of paper for me to give to the front desk which were supposed to be my new prescriptions. Turns out he prescribed the EXACT SAME thing. He is also very rude and ill-mannered. I would seriously give 0 stars if possible. Doctor has absolutely zero concern for his patients.
in Lincoln ne |
I arrived early to my appointment and waited for 45 minutes after my scheduled time to be taken back. Dr. Rustad was the rudest Doctor/person I have ever met in my life! He talked to me very disrespectful and gave little information about my situation. He seemed so rushed and like I was a bother to him. I regret paying my copay to see him. I would NOT recommend anyone to go here.
in Lincoln, NE |
Knowledgeable, friendly, experienced. Have seen him for years for my psoriasis. He avoids internal treatments and focuses on external, topical treatments. It's a philosophy I agree with. You do have to wait often, and that's the main reason I see for the negative complaints about him. That's a drawback, but his doctoring is excellent. Try scheduling first thing in the morning, and you go right in.
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr. Rustad is the most trained dermatologist around. He really knows his stuff and how to treat it. i had a rash on my arms and had went to 3 other doctors before with no luck, but Dr. Rustad knew exactly what it was and how to treat it he. within a week i was cleared! He has been a wonderful doctor to my family over the years.
Lincoln, NE |
if I could give negative stars for this poor excuse for Dr. I would. He's rude, and yelled at my 85 grandmother when she came in for her checkup. He called her names and told her she was not a nice person and abused the courtesy of having his cellphone number. He told her he was no longer answering her calls and told her to go to the emergency room, but in the same breath said he didn't want her to go to the emergency room because they didn't know his procedures. what a huge jerk.
in Lincoln, NE |
In a hurry. Left a skin cancer untreated for five years, while assuring me that it wasn't cancer and freezing and scraping it to no avail. Usually understaffed and over booked, so you can wait long after your allotted time to even get in the room and then you wait some more and then he comes in and is out as fast as he can get. Wouldn't recommend this person to anyone again.
in Lincoln, NE |
I showed up 15 minutes early for my appt, and didn't see the Dr. until 30 mins AFTER my appointment time. My prescription was not sent to my pharmacy until the next day. I wasn't asked any questions about my condition; I was given a script and sent out the door. If my script does not fix the problem, I definitely will not be coming back and will not be referring to anyone else.
Have you seen Dr. Elliott Rustad, MD?
Are you Dr. Rustad?