Dr. Elliot Melendez, MD

Dr. Elliot Melendez, MD

Pediatric Critical Care Medicine | Male

"The patient and family always come first"- We must ensure as we undertake our mission of improving the health of children and their families that they always remain in the center of the conversation, and we prioritize our service towards that goal.

Why I entered Medicine: "Medicine is a field where relationships are created with strangers at times of highest stress- what other field allows someone the privilege of learning the most personal details of strangers, and participate in both happiness and grief- and sometimes never see those people again- it is the brief and strong relationships that drive me daily"

I bridge two divisions based on my dual training in both pediatric critical care and emergency medicine, spending 20% of my effort on clinical care in these two areas. I spend 15% of my time performing quality and safety. In 2009, I was appointed the associate director of quality and safety for the MCC. Currently, I supervise several quality initiatives to improve the care of children in the fields of sepsis and nosocomial infection prevention. I spend 10% of my time in didactic or bedside teaching, and mentoring of fellows and residents. These academic endeavors have led to a record of teaching awards, including the faculty teaching award, awarded by the graduating resident class among all BCH faculty. I spend 55% of my time in clinical investigation, specifically in the field of severe sepsis and shock. This work has led to participation in two national collaboratives on sepsis quality improvement. My work in the field of severe sepsis and shock have resulted in several funding sources to sturdy the predictive nature of biomarkers in severe sepsis and how these biomarkers are associated with patient outcomes.

Dr. Melendez's Experience

See how Dr. Melendez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Melendez

Dr. Melendez accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Melendez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Melendez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Melendez to family and friends
based on 1 survey
Dr. Melendez's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Elliot Melendez, MD?
Are you Dr. Melendez?

Compare Dr. Melendez

Dr. Melendez says...

These academic endeavors have led to a record of teaching awards, including the faculty teaching award, awarded by the graduating resident class among all BCH faculty. I spend 55% of my time in clinical investigation, specifically in the field of severe sepsis and shock. This work has led to participation in two national collaboratives on sepsis quality improvement. My work in the field of severe sepsis and shock have resulted in several funding sources to sturdy the predictive  nature of biomarkers in severe sepsis and how these biomarkers are associated with patient outcomes.

Dr. Melendez's Care Philosophy

Dr. Melendez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
      •  Board certified in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine and Pediatric Emergency Medicine

Dr. Melendez has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Melendez's Board Certifications

Boston Children's Hospital, Pediatric Emergency Medicine

Completed in 2006

Massachusetts General Hospital, Pediatric Critical Care

Completed in 2006

Dr. Melendez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Melendez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Critical Care Medicine