Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD

RheumatologyFemaleAge 72

Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Tulsa, OK and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Zanetakis has more experience with Osteoporosis & Screening and Arthritis & Arthropathy than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine medical school in 1982. She is affiliated with Ascension St. John Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Zanetakis to book an appointment.

The Oklahoma Center for Arthritis Therapy & Research, Inc

1430 TERRACE DR Tulsa, OK 74104
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital
    Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Frequently Treated by Dr. Zanetakis

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Zanetakis treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Zanetakis treats other conditions, please contact the office at (918) 748-8024.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Zanetakis is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Arthritis & Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis & Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Zanetakis is experienced in the area of Arthritis & Arthropathy. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Joint Fluid Test
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Zanetakis accepts

Dr. Zanetakis accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
Standard Network PPO
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
HealthSmart
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medical Mutual of Ohio

Dr. Zanetakis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zanetakis

1.9

Dr. Zanetakis

I recently moved back to Oklahoma after 17 years. What a mistake this was for my health! Zanetakis is the only RA doc I could get into, after trying to see one for 7 months! UNACCEPTABLE OKLAHOMA. When I get into her office the staff were amazing. Her nurse Tish, not so much. Then the monster in doctor wear came in. She had not looked at my records of past treatments ( which I am finding common with doctor here), she was ill mannered, and when I told her what the last treatment I had taken that worked had to be given at the hospital because of my sensitivity to meds, she yelled “ our hospital doesn’t do that”! While waving her dismissive little hand in my face. ( she didn’t wait to hear the cancer center did it through hematology). I tried to tell her I have an extensive history of blood issues when taking these meds, etc. I have had RA for 28 years. It had ruined my life.the last thing anyone with one of these immune system diseases need is a doctor like this.
Jodi – May 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
I was a little apprehensive seeing all the ratings but as soon as I got there I was greeted by a very pleasant gentleman took my temp he was very friendly the front desk staff were very friendly as well we even joked a little the wait time was only 10 mins and the nurse was very professional and nice I felt extremely comfortable I get white coat when I see doctors but she agreed with me and was not dismissing at all it wasn’t long until I saw the Dr she was very pleasant she listened to my worries and answered my questions just waiting to hear back from my labs the lab tech was amazing she was so friendly and very comforting as well I didn’t even feel anything while she was taking my blood I had a great experience at the doctors office from start to finish! Very professional!
Loved – Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
I can confirm what other people have said about her being extremely dismissive. I waited in her office for *5 hours * before I got to see the doctor, only for her to see me for 10 minutes, not ask me any questions other than “does this run in your family”, say nothing is wrong with me, then send me off. I have had a lot of health problem since I was young, so I have seen many different doctors (cardiologist, geneticist, you name it), and this is *by far* the worst experience I’ve ever had. That is really saying something. I also told her that, in addition to my concerns about having lupus, that I have ehlers danlos syndrome, and she didn’t even know what it was. Rheumatologist are suppose to treat this syndrome. But because she didn’t know what it was, she said nothing was wrong with me and there was nothing they could do. Had I not had the experience and patient advocacy that I have now, I would have taken that at face value and given up on everything and doctors all together.
Gracie – Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
My experience was horrible. She didn’t believe my doctor and dismissed his thoughts on my illness. Was one of the many that she had her mind made up before she walked in. I did not fit in her box so I was dismissed. My thumbnail must have fallen off because I smashed it and I guess I was to dumb to notice. Do not waste your time or money!
Jennifer M – Feb 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
She saw my daughter recently. I have an autoimmune disease and a hematologist worked up my daughters labs because they thought she had leukemia. He told her he felt she should see a rheumatologist because he felt it was autoimmune. Dr Z was the only one on her insurance. She was very bland and dismissive of my daughter and out family history. My daughter and I felt they paid no attention to her and was in tears before we even left the office. There are few Rheumatologist’s in OK & we are stuck with her. Several of her labs were abnormal but again it was dismissed as nothing just like my disease was for years making ipdaily life and earning a living very difficult. The dismissive nature of the two appts made my daughter feel she wasted her time and then was upset in the process unnecessarily. I had hoped the dr seemed cold only because she is foreign but she is very uncaring. I’m going with my daughter to her appt next with her hematologist and we hope he can help her
Hacked Off Mother – Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
This is probably the worst Dr my husband has ever seen!! She has no bedside manner, does not listen to her patient, has no answers, just wants more x-Rays, bloodwork and more return visits. This lady is a joke. This is why its so easy to get a fast appt to see her. Don’t waste your time or money!!! We should of read the reviews!!!
Sandra Chalakee – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
Probably the smartest rheumatoid doc in tulsa. My best friend also sees her. I think she is nice too but I don't have to have a doctor hold my hand. Has helped me deal with multiple problems. I have never had to ask for a emergency appointment but she is there when I need her. So I give that three stars cause I don't know.
Marie in Tulsa, Oklahoma – Feb 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
Absolutely the most apathetic unmotivated "doctor " I have ever met. Waited months to see a rheumatologist, any rheumatologist and I got her. Drove 5 hours round trip, twice. Here's a heads up "doctor." A large percentage of people suffering from autoimmune diseases have totally normal lab results. When you observe swelling and enlarged lymph nodes, your patients deserve more than a shrug from you. Doing nothing for your patient? That is doing harm! Shame on you! AVOID HER AT ALL COSTS.
Jul 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
She is a horrible doctor who doesn't even take the time to update a patient's office visit notes. My notes have been the same for a year. even though my titer count has doubled. She's just collecting a paycheck!
Tamara F in Sand Springs, OK – May 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?
Dr. Z has to be one of the worst physicians that we have ever encountered in our history book of doctors. She has absolutely HORRIBLE bedside manner and no compassion for her patients. The last time we were there with my mother, my mom was showing her how bad her thumb was swollen due to the arthritis. The skin is starting to break and it's causing her so much pain. Dr. Zs response was ya that's what happens when you have arthritis. That's it. Horrible horrible attitude!
Collinsville, OK – Apr 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Zanetakis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zanetakis?
Provider explaining information to patient