Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD
Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Duncan is affiliated with Northeast Methodist Hospital and Baptist Medical Center.

18707 Hardy Oak Blvd Ste 105

San Antonio, TX 78258

(210) 615-1901

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Duncan

I believe in a personal evaluation and customized care plan for each and every patient in the hopes of improving their quality of life on a daily basis.

Dr. Duncan's Experience

Dr. Duncan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Duncan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Duncan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duncan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Duncan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duncan to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Duncan's Performance
in Spring Branch, TX |
I had an appointment at 2 pm. Was taken back to an office at 2:13 pm. At about 3:10 pm, a nurse came in to write down my information. By 3:30 pm I had still not been seen by Dr. Duncan. I walked out, went to the reception area, was very upset, and Dr. Duncan walked out of her office and told me that she does not tolerate yelling in her hallways. She told the staff to give me a refund. Asked her why I waited so long. She said she had other patients. Then she told me to leave.
in Floresville, TX |
I have been a patient for 10+ years. Staff is great, nurses are great and Dr Duncan spends as much time as I need to answer all questions and explain diagnosis and treatment plan. I have recommended her to family, friends and co-workers. Excellent feedback from them as well.
in Boerne, TX |
The initial visit with Dr Duncan - she was 2.5 hrs late but I was confident that she could help with my cervical pain. The second visit I received an injection that gave me high blood pressure/rapid heart rate/headaches. I called and asked for consultation 3 times and was told each time I would get a call back. No call came- 6 days later I had to go to the hospital for help. Called her again for office visit and was told there are no openings in the near future. She must be overbooked.
in Universal city, Texas |
Afier going to numerous doctors for nerve pain and even the surgeon that took a floating piece of bone from his spinal cord, Duncan was the only one that informed him he needed a new surgery to fix his problem. He took her advice (used a surgeon she recommended) and has been great since that time!
in San Antonio, TX |
I've been HER patient for many years and I would not change it for any reason. I love the fact she KNOWS & can relate to what you are going through, she herself has back issues. She is funny, has good bedside manners, sympathetic, empathtic & listens. She has ALWAYS told me if I am hurting that bad "come in as soon as you can, I'll see you ". People don't know her STAFF & HER, work through lunch AND LATE INTO THE EVENING, YES, AFTER CLOSING. I don't know what I would do without her! Choose her!
in San Antonio, TXs |
I love Dr Duncan. She was very informative and very honest in what she felt was the right way to progress with my condition. Initially I was unhappy but after her talking to me about it, I agreed that she was correct (after all, she IS the doctor :) ). I recently had the 1st of the pain injection procedure and the experience was great. Everyone was awesome and Dr Duncan again was informative and put my mind at ease.
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr. Duncan has had back problems herself and she is very empathetic. She will do what she can to help her patients. But if there is nothing else she can do she will tell you so and recommend whoever she thinks will be able to help you. Excellent staff. I have been to a lot of dr.'s and Dr. Duncan and her staff are the BEST!!
in Spring Branch, TX |
Dr. Duncan has a very direct approach which I find refreshing. She's had 3 back surgeries herself and is very compassionate, empathetic and driven to set her patients up for success. Because of both her extensive training and expertise she is not a push-over. If medical evidence supports pain management treatment she will be the best physician and advocate you could ever want. However, if you’re coming solely for pain medicine she is “NOT” your doctor. She is the real deal all the way around.
in San Antonio, TX |
dr.ellen duncan is a very caring dr.she takes time to listen to u.you dont feel rash.very loving dr.i highly recommend dr. duncan to anyone suffering from pain. all her staff very friendliy i and courteousness. dr. duncan is exallent dr. i love her the way she speaks with me and she makes me feel good. mrs gerlinde el asmar
San Antonio, Texas |
Dr is very kind compassionate and caring about her patients and works long hours to help each with pain relief.
in Marion, TX |
Dr. Duncan is a very caring, knowledgeable and professional doctor. I have met people in her waiting room who have traveled all over South Central Texas to see her! I have been going to her for years. She is the very best pain doctor I have ever seen and I have seen a handful! I almost hate to tell you how wonderful she is in fear that the demand for others to see her will make it extremely difficult for me to get in! Oh well, we all deserve the very best treatment!
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Duncan for several years. She genuinely cares about her patients. There are times when she does run a bit behind on schedule, & I don't mind it one bit, because she is taking her time to listen and talk to her patients. She has never rushed me or anyone else. Very few doctors take their time to listen to their patients and not rush them. She's worth the wait. She is not just a wonderful doctor, she is an amazing, lively, kind, and loving person. I love her and her staff.
in Selma, TX |
Dr Duncan is an outstanding doctor with an awesome bedside manner. She has the ability to make you feel at ease. Her knowledge and explanation help to understand diagnoses. I would highly recommend her to friends, family and acquaintances.
Dr. Duncan listens well and takes time to look wholistically at the patient. She explains treatment options with clarity and detail that respects the intelligence of the patient. Her nursing background serves her patients well in the quality of care she provides.
in Floresville, TX |
Dr Duncan is a fantastic Doctor. Her staff is always very pleasant and caring. Yes, there is a wait time when having an appointment with Dr. Duncan but once she is speaking to you her full attention is on you and your well being! Dr. Duncan has compassion for her patients but truly understands my trials with having had multiple back surgeries as she has been thru back surgery herself! I would highly recommend Dr Duncan to anyone suffering with pain issues.
in San Antonio, TX |
I've been treated by Dr. Duncan for just over one year due to a severe back injury. I was taken back, in a very good way from my very first visit. She listened, took her time and treated me with a level of respect that is rare. Dr. helped me determine a terminal solution to the problem and connected me with the right back surgeon. Dr. Duncan was my anestesiologist during surgery and managed post surgical pain. Wait times are long but worth it. She feels more like a friend than a provider.
in Bulverde, TX |
Dr. Duncan spent a great deal of time with me reviewing and explaining to me my films. She provided clear explanations as to why my previous procedures did not solve my pain and she directed me to another doctor that would be more able to solve my problems. Her hours of operation fit my schedule very well. I would recommend her to anyone. I waited a long time to see her, but it was worth it, especially if she gave everyone the same amount of time that she gave to me.
Have you seen Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
Are you Dr. Duncan?