Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD

AnesthesiologyFemaleAge 62

Anesthesiology

Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD is an Anesthesiology Specialist in San Antonio, TX and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio in 1991. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD

Consultants In Pain Medicine

23103 W Interstate 10 Ste 105 San Antonio, TX 78257

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews

Get better prescription prices

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Duncan treats your condition or procedure

• Spondylosis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Duncan accepts

Dr. Duncan accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Preferred PPO

Dr. Duncan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Duncan

3.5

Does not respond to patient's phone calls. Staff does not follow through with Dr. instructions.
Aug 03, 2022
Dr. Ellen Duncan & Mr.Taylor
I have been going to Dr. Duncan for about 6 years . Dr. Duncan and staff are wonderful, they are caring , compassionate and excellent bed side care . I cannot say enough kind words to this caring staff. My back pain has being doing so much better , i have a life now. Love you all.
Ignacio Jr Nieto – Aug 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
Dr. Ellen Duncan is an excellent doctor! I would recommend her to my family and friends. She is thoughtful and kind.I trust her judgement.
May 18, 2022
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I love Dr. Ellen Duncan & Taylor. I have used them since moving to Texas like 4 years ago. They both are so good & carrying about your health. I have always been able to get in and out in a timely manner.
Kay Friend – Mar 16, 2022
This review made our day! Thank you so much for...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
My Mother is seeing Dr Duncan with Saitic nerve pain due to a bulging disk. She has received 2 shots so far in her back that have helped some but not to the level that the Dr. says they are going to. And up until today I would have probably rated a 3 ish but today was unacceptable in my opinion. My Mom lives about 50 mins away from her office on E Sonterra Blvd and we had a 2:30 appt for her 3rd injection. My Mom has to ride flat of her back in the back of an SUV on some cushions to make the trip due to pain. We got stuck in a bit of traffic where it was reduced to 1 lane. My Mom called the office but was put on hold, and we arrived 12 minutes late but was still on hold when we walked through the door as it took a few minutes to get her out of the back, so she hung up and went ahead an checked in. Shortly after Dr Duncan came and told my Mom that she was behind and still had 3 patients ahead of her and asked if she could come back tomorrow. My Mom told the nurses that she had to get a
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Justin Shaw – Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I have had chronic Back and Sciatic pain for many years. After 2 surgeries and no relief. Dr Duncan has helped me manage the pain. In addition to being an excellent doctor, I appreciate that she is an educator, a rule follower and communicates concisely. Her knowledge, compassion, and my reduced pain gives me confidence in my decision to work with Dr Duncan. I would highly recommend her.
Ronald P Kurmis – Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
Excellent care for my father- and took the time to talk to me on the phone in regards to his care.
Nicole Tomko – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I had extreme low back pain shooting down my leg. I felt severe pain with every movement. She took the time to explain my MRI and my condition and treatment that I would need to help me improve. She was very knowledgeable and used the best analogy to help me understand my condition. She recommended conservative treatment before any type of surgery which I preferred by far. Dr. Duncan accommodated me promptly with an appointment for my first injection within a couple of days. After 2 injections I was at least 80% improved and continue to stay improved. The front office staff is very friendly as well as her back office team. I would highly recommend Dr Duncan and am grateful to have her as my pain management doctor.
Socorro – Feb 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
Worst doctor ever! Run! She didn’t want to treat me, even though I was post surgery and transferred legitimately to her from another doctor due to insurance.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
FedAgent2 – Jun 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
Dr. Ellen Duncan is amazing! She has been treating my pancreas pain due to a long term chronic condition and pain in my lower back, neck and shoulder due to injuries suffered in my youth that have now come to haunt me. She takes her time in explaining and educating me on the triggers to said pain. She never stops researching and tries to help her patients have a happy quality of life by managing the pain. I don’t know what my husband and I will do if she ever retires! She continues to provided exceptional health care to me and my husband and is an advocate for her patients!
Cindy – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
Dr Duncan has always been both personable and professional. She understands the pain cycles I go through and has treated me accordingly. I went to another doctor first who was rather dismissive and made me feel like he was doing me a favour to even see me. I would absolutely recommend Dr Duncan.
San Antonio – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I love, love, love Dr. Duncan and her staff!!! I have been treated above and beyond in scheduling, staff, and all the medical professionals. I started seeing Dr. Duncan over 10 years ago for sciatica. It was very severe, but after the 3rd injection in my back, my back pain was relieved until recently when I had to see her for arthritis pain in my knee and back. She injected my knee, and so far no pain in my knee. I just had my 1st injection for lower back arthritis pain. I’ll go back in 2 weeks for the 2nd. I am thoroughly please with everyone from the receptionists, nurses, nurse practitioners, and Dr. Ellen Duncan.
Irene Perez in San Antonio , TX – May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I complained about a staff member and on next visit was treated even worse for voicing an opinion. Verrrrrrrry strange set up in this office and verrrrry strange medical assistants. Rude, unfriendly, couldn't care less attitude. Ellen Duncan needs a definite attitude adjustment. Would NEVER recommend this place to ANYONE, EVER...!! Wish I had read all her reviews FIRST, would have never gone there!! Wild goose chase to IH10 office where she is not located, it's strictly a pill mill.
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
Dr Duncan told my husband to leave me in the waiting room because I said something negative about her front desk clerk, gigi who never looked up or acknowledged us after 5 minutes, just personal conversation on the phone. finally gave my husband an appointment for pain block three and a half weeks out. Seriously?? This doc has an ego bigger than the building she is sitting in. Go elsewhere!!
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I have been going to Dr. for almost 10 years and at first her and her staff were great. After the last couple years or so things are the same. Scheduling for the at her Hardy Oak location is the worst. Wait time is unbelievable and usually after normal working hours. Information is not always relayed from office accurately to patients lately. I use to trust Dr Ducan without any doubt, but as of late I dont. I’m currently looking for new pain management doctor.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
San Antonio, TX – Mar 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Duncan for years and she has always taken the time to discuss what issues I have! Without her I would be sitting on the side line watching life pass me by!!
Audrey Hahn in San Antonio, TX – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Ellen Duncan for almost 5 years now. She has been a very reliable doctor and has given me great care. I’ve been to a lot of different doctors and have learned a lot about patient doctor interactions. My team of doctors are very valuable to me. Dr. Duncan is down to earth, has a ton of knowledge and expertise, and is honest with you. 5 years of a personal experience with a doctor should speak for itself.
Jeff S. in San Antonio, TX – Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
My review is not about Dr Duncan she was a very good doctor. My review is about her staff specifically Susan , she lied and stated my insurance would not cover a needed procedure when i conferenced my insurance company and Susan she then lied and stated that she did not say this. She said that the office misplaced my medical records. She then stated she needed another copy i printed my history yet again and took it to the office. She at this time said she needed it in order of procedure a
Khalil in San antonio – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
Love Dr. Duncan, I’ve been seeing her over 10 years and I always appreciate her honesty and medical explanations. Yes there is a wait time sometimes but that’s because when you do get seen, she takes the time to listen and answer all of your questions. You get what you wait for! I wish all doctors had her sincere approach.
Marco Arenas in Canyon Lake, TX – May 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?
I've been under the care of good Dr. Duncan for five years. Her staff and associates log a full and constant day. Since day one she has been straight forward, honest and caring. I love that she does not small talk, gets right to my problem/concern and always offers honest evals/options and then it is MY decision on treatment...with her added opinion if I want it. She's a winner in my book.
Sal in San Antonio – Jan 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Duncan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Duncan?