Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery  |
Dr. Sarah Ashford, MD
I am a board-certified Thyroid and Head and Neck Surgeon originally from Aiken, South Carolina. I became a head and neck surgeon because of my love for the beautiful and complex anatomy in the head and neck and because this field uniquely deals with all of the senses - sound, taste, sight, smell, and touch. I received my medical doctorate from the University of South Carolina, having graduated magna cum laude as a junior member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. During residency at the University of Mississippi, I participated in two humanitarian surgical trips to Kenya where I cultivated my love of thyroid disease as well as salivary gland disorders. Following residency, I further specialized in the surgical management of thyroid disease and both benign and malignant disorders of the head and neck by completing a fellowship in Endocrine Oncology and Head and Neck Surgery at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida. I seek every opportunity to stay current and connected with the other experts in my field. I am a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, where I serve on two committees regarding thyroid surgery and head and neck surgery, as well as a member of the American Head and Neck Society, American Thyroid Association, American College of Surgeons, and American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. Through my involvement in multiple professional societies, humanitarian work, and throughout my extensive training, I've been privileged to work with world-renowned specialists in my field. I am excited to build my practice with my husband in his hometown of Athens, Georgia, where I am establishing the Ashford Thyroid Center for comprehensive care in thyroid and parathyroid conditions. I am well-trained and credentialed with the use of point-of-care ultrasound in the head and neck to diagnose, work-up, and treat a variety of disorders in the head and neck including thyroid nodules. As a passionate and thoroughly trained clinician and surgeon, I am able to deliver the best care and provide the most current treatment options to my patients. Outside of the office, I enjoy gardening, DIY projects, arts and crafts, working out, listening to various Podcasts, traveling, and training for my private pilot's license. I love spending time with my husband, our two dogs, and our families.

1000 Hawthorne Ave Ste T

Athens, GA 30606

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Ashford

I absolutely love my field of work!  My passion translates into the ability to compassionately and expertly treat patients.  I enjoy getting to know my patients and having the opportunity to take the time answering questions and discussing their health.

Dr. Ashford's Experience

Dr. Ashford's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology

• Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Endocrine Surgery
  • Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
  • Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery
  • Otolaryngic Allergy
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology

• Facial Palsy
  • Follicular Thyroid Cancer
  • Foreign Body in Nose
  • Foreign Body in Throat
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gland Cancer
  • Tonsillitis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Biopsy
  • Earwax Removal
  • Endoscopic Laser Laryngeal Cancer Surgery
  • Esophageal Dilatation
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision
  • Maxillary (Upper Jaw ) Osteotomy
  • Nasal Airway Surgery
  • Nasal Disorder Endoscopy
  • Nasal Packing for Epitaxis
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Lesion Removal
  • Skin Procedures
  • Soft Tissue Mass Biopsy
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Surgical Biopsy
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
  • Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration
  • Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP)
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Presbyterian College
  • University Of Mississippi Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Moffitt Cancer Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Ashford has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ashford does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ashford and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ashford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ashford to family and friends
Dr. Ashford's Performance
in Winder, GA |
Dr. Ashford is a very caring MD and a great surgeon with a spectacular surgical team. I am currently having some thyroid issues that would otherwise be scary, but the time was taken to explain to me in great detail the plan and prognosis for my issue. I am beyond grateful for this entire office and staff, there is no one better to meet your ENT needs.
Flowery Branch, GA |
Dr Sarah Ashford was able to open my sinuses & help rid me of the chronic sinusitis & infections I've had for half my life. Kind, caring, listening, & answering questions proved I chose the right Doc. She didn't evade any question I had, & in our discussion of my treatment I realized her expertise, knew I had found the best physician, young, smart, dedicated, with the most current care available. Her staff was awesome as well. Don't waste your time going to any other Physician group. She's TOPS
in Flowery Branch, GA |
Dr Beth Ashford & team provided excellent care for me, finding the root cause of my chronic sinusitis & correcting it with FESS, an outpatient surgical procedure. Pain low, only required pain med for the day after surgery. And I can SMELL, and TASTE! They are young, know the latest treatments & meds for their patients, & are the most compassionate clinical people I've encountered since moving to Georgia. I recommend them over anyone else, in any other state as well. Thank God for Doctor Beth!
Athens, GA |
Outstanding Doctor and exceptional care.
in Athens GA |
After such a bad experience our daughter has had with her previous ENT, we are so HAPPY and GLAD we found Dr. Beth; she has always made time for us and all of our questions and concerns. We have seen a GREAT improvement in our daughter!!
in Athens GA |
Dr. Beth Ashford is the most compassionate caring doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I went to her because of an abnormal parathyroid which I had no idea what that was or it's function to my well being. She explained it in length and was in no hurry to let me leave without me being totally comfortable with her diagnosis. She did my surgery to remove one of my parathyroid glands and the experience was one of peace from beginning to end. Totally recommend her!!!
in Bogart, GA |
Great personality from doctor and all of staff. Very knowledgeable doctor I was very comfortable from the moment I entered the practice. Clean and light environment. Being a young male ND not going to any doctor much at all especially a specialist, Dr. Ashford and her staff made my visit hassle free and very pleasant. I would recommend her to any and all!
in Lavonia, GA |
Very impressed with the doctors and staff at the Ashford Clinic. Everyone was very caring and professional. My only request from the doctor was to have a picture of my thyroid sent after it was removed. When I was able to check my phone, the picture had already been sent! I am thankful to each of them for making me feel so comfortable during my time at the clinic.
in Athens, GA |
Dr. Ashford is very patient and attentive. She listens to your concerns and takes a very logical, level-headed approach to getting to the bottom of your problem. One of the best doctors I have ever been to.
St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Beth Ashford was very informative for the reason of my visit. I felt very comfortable with her and her knowledge of Thyroid/Parathyroid issues. She took time to explain the function of the thyroid and parathyroid and answered any and all questions I had. She immediately began steps to diagnose my problem on my first visit! Their staff is truly amazing. Very polite and it was wonderful for them to even know my names as I walked in the door. I would definitely recommend Ashford Clinic!
in Monroe, GA |
Really liked Dr. Ashford and feel like she is going to get to the root cause of my ear infections.
Augusta, GA |
My overall experience was satisfactory. The only problem I had was the wait time especially with this being my first visit, but I understand that things come up that causes a delay. The staff was friendly and I would recommend them to anyone.
in Athens, GA |
She is extremely knowledgeable about her specialities, and she couldn't be more patient friendly and genuine. She projects a throwback to the doctors of old along mixed with a mastery of the latest procedures. He has been a God-send after years of dealing 'supposed' ENT experts that did more harm than good. I could not be happier or more satisfied with her and her talents.
in Cleveland,GA. |
Very help I would recommend.
in Athens, GA |
Dr. Sarah Ashford truly cares about her patients and seeks to provide the best care possible. After receiving an unexpected and potentially life changing diagnosis, Dr. Ashford could sense my concern and reworked her schedule in order to biopsy a lesion in my throat within 2 days. Thankfully the lesion turned out to be benign! Dr. Ashford's sense of urgency saved my family from having to worry for weeks. Thanks Dr. Ashford!
Have you seen Dr. Sarah Ashford, MD?
Are you Dr. Ashford?

Otolaryngic Skull Base Surgery
Sleep Medicine Otolaryngology
Hair Transplant Surgery
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
Thyroid Disorders