Dr. Elizabeth Tan-Chiu, MD

Dr. Elizabeth Tan-Chiu, MD

Hematology  |
Female

Dr. Elizabeth Tan-Chiu, MD is a hematology doctor who practices in Plantation, FL. She has been practicing for 31 years.

Florida Cancer Care

201 NW 82nd Ave Ste 102

Plantation, FL 33324

• AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Florida Health Administrators
  • Neighborhood Health Plan
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Tan-Chiu

See how frequently Dr. Tan-Chiu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Cancer
Breast Cancer
high

Dr. Tan-Chiu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Tan-Chiu "Compassionate Care. One patient at a time! As a cancer specialist, Dr. Tan-Chiu has devoted her entire medical career to Breast and Ovarian Cancer providing compassionate patient care and innovative research by making significant contributions to new and better therapies."

• Hematology

• Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Esophageal Diseases

• University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - Hematology and Oncology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

• Patients' Choice Award, 2009
  • Castle Connolly Medical "Patients' Choice Award", 2008

Dr. Tan-Chiu has no media or publications listed.

• French Creole
  • Chinese
  • French
  • Gujarati
  • Hindi
  • Tagalog
  • Turkish
  • Urdu

Dr. Tan-Chiu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tan-Chiu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tan-Chiu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tan-Chiu to family and friends
Dr. Tan-Chiu's Performance
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in late 2016. We had a cousin in Florida who had also had breast cancer so we asked for a recommendation and immediately she said you have to get Dr Tan-Chiu.She was able to get an appointment for Dec 28th just after the Christmas rush. I was traumatised by my diagnosis but was put at ease as I met Dr. Tan Chiu.She spent a long time with my family and I explaining in words and terms we could understand. She also had a surgeon who would be able to do surgery.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I'm quite sure I wouldn't be a healthy 17 year breast cancer survivor without the outstanding care I've received since my initial diagnosis from this incredibly brilliant & truly caring oncologist! She & her wonderful staff have many state-of-the-art clinical trials to offer to patients, which can make all the difference to Metastatic patients like me. If you go to her for a 2nd opinion, I think you'll want to stay :)
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been with Dr Tan Chiu since 2005. She is the most kind, caring and knowledgeable doctors I have known. I had breast cancer 2 times and she steered me through my mastectomy in 2005 until now and continuing on through the years to come. On June 22, 2017 I will celebrate 12 years cancer free. If you need a wonderful oncologist run don't walk to see her.
Coral Springs, FL |
Dr. Tan-Chiu is wonderful! She helped me through breast and kidney cancer. She is very thorough, competent and clearly explains treatment. I also like that she is involved in research. She is realistic and has a sunny personality, which I very much appreciate!
Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr.Tan-Chiu is one of the finest doctors I have ever seen.she is compassionate,caring and extremely knowledgeable. The research that she is involved in today and in the past makes her and the practice a valuable resource. She consistently will spend time with you, she will review records and options with you at each visit. You never feel rushed, no question is pushed aside. Truly a spectacular doctor.
in Fort Lauderdale, Florida |
Doctor Tan-Chiu, is so excellent, through, patience, listen and also on point.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Tan-Chiu gave my life back to me. She is exceptionally knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. Her office staff follows in her footsteps.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My breast cancer had rapidly spread to stage 4. That was when I was referred to the best medical oncologist, Dr. Elizabeth Tan-Chiu. She exhibited patience and compassion. She explained in great detail the nature of my cancer. Her treatment protocol is confidently administered by her excellent nurses Cathy and Judy; also the staff is very professional. Her undivided attention is consoling and her kind words calmed my anxiety. I am alive today because God sent an angel in Dr. Tan-Chiu.
in Parkland, FL |
Amazing doctor who kept my Stage 4 wife alive, happy, and with a high quality of life for 13 years. This was due to her compassion, cutting edge knowledge and empathy. Always has time to thoroughly explain the situation, and the ways ahead and fully takes into account the patient's needs and lifestyle when prescribing medication. Great partnering doctor and staff, especially Cathy, the chemo nurse.
in DELRAY Beach, Fl |
My name is A. Moore , and I came to Dr. Tan-Chin on Oct. 10, 2011 after being diagnosed with breast cancer , after multiple consultations with different Doctors I was afraid due to my condition and the spreading of my tumor , but after sitting and discussing the possibilities of treatment I was so at ease I decided to be treated there with Dr. Tan-Chin and in our conversation I felt so relax and confidence because of her compassionate for all patient, the staff is awesome too very professiona
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I am a 4 stage metastatic breast cancer patient and I have been a patient of Dr Elizabeth Tan Chiu for many years. Her level of expertise is exceptional and she is a very compassionate person. You cannot ask anything more. She is a doctor you can talk to. Also her stuff is great, especially her assistant Dr Carcas and the chemio nurse, Kathy, very dedicated persons and knowledgeable. I feel comfortable with everybody even during hard times. They are there to help you.
in Fort Myers, Fl |
Dr Tan-Chiu made me aware of my condition like no other Dr ! She spent so much more time with me , informing me , educating me and over all making me aware of what to expect . Dr. Tan-Chiu really made me feel like I was a person and not a number or pay check , thank you for all you have done. Anyone with the unfortunate diagnois of cancer would be thankful to have her and her team on your side.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I first went to Dr. Tan Chiu with breast cancer. She was compassionate and knowledgeable without being arrogant or intimidating. After a mastectomy I am now 4 years cancer free. I would 100% recommend Dr. Tan Chiu. She's explains everything, without rushing and always makes me feel comfortable and at ease when I leave.
Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Tan-Chiu, MD?
Are you Dr. Tan-Chiu?

Visit Dr. Tan-Chiu

Dr. Tan-Chiu accepts 18 insurance carriers
    Choice PPO
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • EmblemHealth
    GHI
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Florida Health Administrators