Dr. Elizabeth Mitchell, MD

Dr. Elizabeth Mitchell, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Elizabeth Mitchell, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Madison, MS. She is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Mitchell is affiliated with Merit Health River Oaks and Mississippi Baptist Medical Center.

Eye Group

501 Baptist Dr Ste 220

Madison, MS 39110

• Ambetter

Learn about Dr. Mitchell

Dr. Mitchell's Experience

Dr. Mitchell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• University Of Mississippi
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Med College Of Ga Hospital and Cli
  • University Of Ms School Of Med

Dr. Mitchell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mitchell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitchell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mitchell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitchell to family and friends
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
in Utica ms |
Great treated with professional and friendly Dr. Mithchell was great with time and information for me
in Jackson, MS |
Ease of speaking and understanding what would be done. Staff was friendly and well trained in customer service. Did not have to wait long in reception for a scheduled appointment. Answered any and all questions, without judgement.
in Clinton, MS |
She was straightforward about my choices in lenses with cataract surgery and presented them without pressure. Her staff were skilled and courteous. An outstanding professional - my vision has improved dramatically.
in Jackson, MS |
I would recommend Dr. Mitchell for the following reason -Very personable, friendly and engaging -Listens to her patients -Explains thoroughly her diagnosis found and treatment options. -explains the advantages and disadvantages of each treatment options -Very open
in Brandon, MS |
Dr. Mitchell is not only highly competent and professional, she is warm and caring. She explains your existing eye conditions/options/treatments so they can be readily understood, and her concern for your eye health is genuine and sincere.
Jackson, MS |
Dr. m addressed concerns with expertise and compassion. Made surgery experience as easy as possible. Great " bedside manner".
in Florence, MS |
We are very happy with Dr. Mitchell as our eye doctor. We would not change unless we had no choice.
in Starkville ms |
I really like Dr Mitchell and would rec her. But since I had my cataract surgery I have not been able to see as well as I did before. I've tried computer glasses contacts and reading glasses. I just can't get the right combination. I hate not being able to see. Nothing seemed to help so I'm really frustrated.
in Sallis, MS |
She is just wonderful. Such a caring doctor. I told all my friends when they need an eye problem she is the doctor to see.
in Clinton, MS |
She was great. My kind of doctor.
in Madison, MS |
I am always pleased with the services and experience with Dr. Mitchell. She is great at her handling of patients and presents a caring and friendly atmosphere. Thank you for your service--may Peace stay with you.
in Madison, MS |
Dr. Mitchell spent quality time with me as the patient. Her evaluation of my situation was thorough; and, her opinion on the three options of medical treatment available to me was most appreciated. I felt she was genuine, concerned, and definitely interested in me as a person first and client second. I highly recommend her!
in Clinton, MS |
Dr. Mitchell saved my life. It is easy to like a doctor who saves your life, and she has always been very positive in her dealings with patients. My wife and I like her very much in our dealings as patients, and we consider her our friend. She found, what turned out to be a melanoma inside my right eye. On referral to optical optomologists, the problem has been resolved. The cancer has been in remission for over five years. We highly recommend Dr. Mitchell for her thoroughness.
in Kosciusko Ms |
Dr. Mitchell was very sweet knowledgeable woman. Gave me my options and let me make my choice. I was referred by Dr. Tara Dew from Thomas Eye Vision, Kosciusko, Ms. With high recommendations. Thanks to both doctors:)
Ridgeland, MS |
Would recommend Dr. Mitchell. She is very thorough and spends time explaining problems and treatments as well as referring to appropriate specialists. Seems genuinely concerned about her patient's welfare.
in Florence, MS |
She and her staff are so wonderful. They really take the time to listen to and address my eye problems and concerns. Dr. Mitchell has a wonderful personality, and goes above and beyond to make sure that her patients leave her office happy and satisfied with the service they receive. I would highly recommend Dr. Mitchell to ALL of your family and friends for all of your eye care needs.
in Jackson, MS |
My vision was made worse by Dr. Mitchell. When I brought important facts, that she should have told me, to her attention she was arrogant about it and told me that my situation only happens to about 10% of patients so why would she want to scare all of her patients. Had I been given all the information to make a more informed decision I NEVER would have had cataract surgery. Her arrogance has left me with very little peripheral vision in my eye and a lifelong struggle to see normally.
Brandon, MS |
DR. Mitchell was recommended by a friend some years ago and I have been very satisfied. I have had a number of eye issues over the years including surgery and I have a very high level of confidence in Dr. Mitchell and her staff, as well as her partners.
in Raymond, MS |
I call her 'my doctor' and have friends that use her now because of my suggestion and how well I am doing after cataract surgeries. Her professional manner is excellent, mixed with a sincere gentleness and thorough medical knowledge. Her staff is top-notched too. Leslie H. Ellington Raymond, MS
in Vicksburg, MS |
Dr. Mitchell is very thorough with the examination and she listens to the patients concerns. She explains everything and is reassuring.
Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Mitchell, MD?
Are you Dr. Mitchell?