Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD

Colorectal SurgeryFemaleAge 58

Dr. McConnell

Elizabeth J Mcconnell MD

20325 N 51st Ave Ste 102 Glendale, AZ 85308

Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Glendale, AZ and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of Utah School Of Medicine medical school in 1992. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Abrazo Arrowhead Campus and Abrazo Central Campus. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. McConnell to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD with other Colorectal Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. McConnell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McConnell

3.8

Dr. McConnell?
  • Explained conditions well (43)
  • Office environment (43)
  • Listened & answered questions (42)
  • Appointment was rushed (12)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (12)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (12)
She was running an hour and a half behind and keeps family waiting in the heat for 3 hours. Husband had Covid shot and she still made him get a test. She is terrified of Covid and only cares about money not people Awful doctor.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
We are fortunate to have a talented surgeon with Dr. McConnell's skills here in Arizona. I had a poorly executed procedure for prolapsed Hemorrhoids performed in 2004. That caused a restriction and scarring from the circular stapler. A subsequent prolapse caused by the restriction was resolved in 08 by laser surgery. A new prolapse and fissure caused by the restriction occurred recently. Dr. McConnell rapidly diagnosed, explained the problems and corrected the fissure, prolapses, scar relaxation and dual sphincterotomy. Incredibly considering the amount of correction performed there was minimal post surgical discomfort. In fact I only used two non narcotic pain pills. At the four week mark things were pretty back to normal. Back to tennis, hiking three miles a day etc. My only regret is that I wish I had gone to see her earlier.
RG – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell is competent and busy. She will be honest with your situation. She is busy, and justifiably so, but she will always get back with you and take care of you.
Dave T – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Never ever. Run don't let her out her hands on you. The worst experience ever from beginning to lifelong misery
Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
I too had an hour long wait, with two male patients who had arrived after I did seen first, and then when I threatened to leave her staff located her, she rushed in to do a post-op exam, and then rushed out. Her typed paper on post-op care was rift with errors, typos and bad grammar, plus incorrect words. And this is a medical professional who should have proof-read what was being typed by her staff. She did not remove the "tag" I had originally asked her to remove, however, went internally to remove interior hemorrhoids (I guess). Two years later and I'm still with my exterior "tag", and having hemorrhoid issues.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Ferris W – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell is excellent,, I cannot express enough that she is top notch. My father is her patient, he had colon cancer, her care for him in all aspects has been exemplary. She is direct, kind and caring, she is available for her patients questions and concerns.
marie – Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
I arrived early to my appointment only to still have to wait nearly an hour before being roomed. Once I was roomed I still waited an additional 30 minutes alone in the room before Dr. McConnell came in to see me. She spent all of 15 in the room with me asking about my symptoms & doing a rectal exam before diagnosing me and leaving the room. She didn’t explain my diagnosis at all, but told me I needed to start an antibiotic, enema, and completely remove all dairy from my diet. She also scheduled me for a colonoscopy. I then spent another 20 minutes waiting to schedule the scope. I left feeling like I was not cared about as a person at all, but rather someone on a conveyer belt that she was just waiting to check off the list so she could move on to the next. To make matters worse, they didn’t even send my full prescription to the pharmacy. Even though I finally have SOME answers, I am so confused about what those answers actually mean & what my future looks like. So unimpressed and sad.
M.S. – Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
I met Dr. McConnell early 2000's. I was young and scared with a pretty serious situation. I had limited time with my insurance, I called to see if they would take new patients. I thank God they were. They saw me immediately. She and her staff are so kind, compassionate and professional. I remember crying in her office and she telling me, it's ok ,we are going to take care of you. And that they did. I remained a patient until I moved out of state. I'm so blessed to have found her. A million stars
Jessica L in Phoenix , AZ – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr McConnell performed hemorrhoid surgery on me and did a great job. She is a direct and to the point Dr and I appreciate that about her. I would highly recommend her.
Charles S in Phoenix , AZ – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell has done my last three colonoscopies. Not only is she great at what she does, she answers all your questions. Her staff is great ! Very kind and puts you to ease! All my cousins use her (that is how I got started) and I recommend her all the time. #1 in my book.
Susan C. in PHOENIX, AZ – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell was excellent, I had a surgery to fix a fissure a year prior that the initial surgeon botched. She took a long time to explain what my issues were to me, even drew me a diagram to show me. I had to have another surgery to correct the first one and I was very hesitant because I was out of work for 3 weeks the first time. She reassured I would only be out a few days and she was correct, My pain after this surgery was much less severe, its been 6 mos and I have not had any issues.
Katheryn Ryan in Phoenix – Feb 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
had surgery on 12-14-17 very pleased with the results healed up faster than I thought I would follow up on 12-21-17 and every thing was good .Her nurse Bonnie is great wish more were like her. overall pleased my only complaint is some of her staff needs to know her policies a little better got some double talk on payment options which she doesn't offer to cash paying patients and why things are sent to lab for testing. Besides that will use again if needed and would refer her to anyone .Larry
Larry Dunas in phoenix az – Jan 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Horrible surgeon and very rude and arrogant. Refused to take care of her own complications
Dec 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Considering the reason I went I had a great experience with Dr McConnell and her staff. My appt was on time, quick, she explained everything to me. Very little discomfort. And the issue was resolved . I would go again and recommend her.
Glendale, AZ – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Everybody extremely helpful from making an appointment to the surgery. I would highly recommend her.
Maryanne in Glendale, AZ – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell is the BEST doctor in the world ! I love her and she is my lifesaver. She managed to be your friend and your doctor . She is very friendly. I love her smile . She is very helpful , very well educated, very smart, very intelligent and very professional . After each visit I feel refreshed . She is an amazing person. I wish every doctor to be like her. She cares and she makes me feel special . I am so glad that I have her as my best doctor. She has a special place in my heart ! MP
MP in Glendale, AZ – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
I've had constipation problems my entire life and was taking Linzess for it (with less than ideal results). Dr. McConnell recommended hemorrhoid and rectal surgery to resolve the problem. The surgery was very successful and I've been able to happily stop using the Linzess. I also had Dr. McConnell do my colonoscopy this year and would highly recommend her. The office staff is very personable and professional. All around, McConnell Colorectal is a top notch facility!
Joe B in Chandler, AZ – Oct 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Competent treatment, but unhelpful and inconsiderate billing practices. I received no warning that the anesthesiologist for my colonoscopy was out-of-network, so I got stuck with a $300 bill out of the blue. It would not have been difficult for McConnell's office to have let me know this in advance. They had all of my insurance information, and they are the ones who hired the anesthesiologist, not me. Instead, all of this remained a mystery until I got the bill.
SCP in Phoenix, AZ – Jul 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Professional, listened and didn't feel rushed. Excellent job with surgery with zero complications.
Phoenix, AZ – Jul 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr McConnell was wonderful. She did a very good exam, listened, explained my condition, and answered all of my questions. I felt very comfortable talking with her and never felt rushed. She is #1 on my personal Top Doc list.
Susan M in Waddell, az – Jul 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McConnell?

Achieve Health for Life. Our Mission is to treat every patient as an individual, to recognize that the healthcare need of each patient is different and...Read more

• Colorectal Surgery

• "Top Doc" Phoenix, 2007
  • "Top Doc" Phoenix, 2012

• Mayo Gastrointestinal Surgery. Chapter 42: Rectal Cancer, 2003
  • Megacolon: Congenital and Acquired,, 2002
  • Lymphoma creating colojejunal fistula: Case report and review of the literature., 2005
  • A designed glycoprotein analogue of Gc-MAF exhibits native-like phagocytic activity, 2006
  • Population-based incidence of complicated diverticular disease of the sigmoid colon based on gender and age., 2003
  • Dendritic cell-tumor cell fusion and staphylococcal enterotoxin B treatment in a pancreatic tumor model., 2002
  • Population based incidence of complicated diverticular disease based on age and gender. ., 2002
  • Depletion of activated Vbeta8+ T cells disrupts bispecific antibody directed antitumor immunity., 2004
  • The Kocker pull: A quick, simple, and cosmetic method of opening the abdomen. ., 2002
  • ErbB-beta-catenin complexes are associated with human infiltrating ductal breast and murine mammary tumor virus (MMTV)-Wnt-1 and MMTV-c-Neu transgenic carcinomas., 2002
  • Atypical diverticular disease: surgical results., 2001
  • Metastatic melanoma to the colon: Case series and review of the literature with outcome analysis., 2003
  • Comparative Urine Protein Phenotyping Using Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay, 2003
Less...