Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD

General SurgeryFemaleAge 60

General Surgery

Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Glendale, AZ and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of Utah School Of Medicine medical school in 1992. She is affiliated with Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix, winner of the Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award. She is also affiliated with Abrazo Arrowhead Campus. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD

Elizabeth J Mcconnell MD

20325 N 51st Ave Ste 102 Glendale, AZ 85308 ()

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. McConnell with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. McConnell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McConnell

3.8

Dr. McConnell

Yes, yes, and yes. Dr McConnell has been my colorectal doctor for a few years now. Recently she had to perform surgery on me which has been a life changer. Dr. McConnell and her staff are the best. I would highly recommend Dr. McConnell to anyone needing this sort of doctor/ medical care. Her credentials are exemplary.
Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr McConnell said I need surgery for a fissure and a small fistula. I was in a lot of pain and she told me I would be surprised at how quickly the pain would stop after the surgery. I had the first surgery but the pain was still very bad so she wanted to do another exam under Anastasia. At that time she ended up doing more surgery but the pain is now worse than ever. I have contacted another Surgeon to look at the problem because when I reach out to Dr McConnell they don't return my request for help. My only hope is that she has not done more damage with the surgeries she has done on me. Be very careful when she says you need surgery because you may end up with more pain than you started with.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Phil H Kobyluck – Nov 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Both my surgeries went well. Just follow the doctors pre and post op instructions and everything will be great.
DeeDee – Aug 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Hi worst dr ever Be very careful before you take a surgical appointment with this doctor she doesn't believe in pain meds even if you're bleeding to death
Aug 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Very capable, professional and pleasant. One of my favorite doctors. I highly recommend Dr. McConnell.
Ted Walker – Jul 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
She was running an hour and a half behind and keeps family waiting in the heat for 3 hours. Husband had Covid shot and she still made him get a test. She is terrified of Covid and only cares about money not people Awful doctor.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
Apr 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
We are fortunate to have a talented surgeon with Dr. McConnell's skills here in Arizona. I had a poorly executed procedure for prolapsed Hemorrhoids performed in 2004. That caused a restriction and scarring from the circular stapler. A subsequent prolapse caused by the restriction was resolved in 08 by laser surgery. A new prolapse and fissure caused by the restriction occurred recently. Dr. McConnell rapidly diagnosed, explained the problems and corrected the fissure, prolapses, scar relaxation and dual sphincterotomy. Incredibly considering the amount of correction performed there was minimal post surgical discomfort. In fact I only used two non narcotic pain pills. At the four week mark things were pretty back to normal. Back to tennis, hiking three miles a day etc. My only regret is that I wish I had gone to see her earlier.
RG – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Excellent. Very knowledgeable. Explains the problem and the solution very well. Excellent care and friendly staff. Very busy. Highly recommend Dr.McConnell.
Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
My experience with her was very good, no complaint. The only complaint I do have is with getting a procedure scheduled. I was told that someone would call me with in 2-3 days. Two weeks went by and I never got a call so I called her and did get it scheduled. That's the only issue I had.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Sep 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell is competent and busy. She will be honest with your situation. She is busy, and justifiably so, but she will always get back with you and take care of you.
Dave T – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Never ever. Run don't let her out her hands on you. The worst experience ever from beginning to lifelong misery
Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
I too had an hour long wait, with two male patients who had arrived after I did seen first, and then when I threatened to leave her staff located her, she rushed in to do a post-op exam, and then rushed out. Her typed paper on post-op care was rift with errors, typos and bad grammar, plus incorrect words. And this is a medical professional who should have proof-read what was being typed by her staff. She did not remove the "tag" I had originally asked her to remove, however, went internally to remove interior hemorrhoids (I guess). Two years later and I'm still with my exterior "tag", and having hemorrhoid issues.
Ferris W – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell is excellent,, I cannot express enough that she is top notch. My father is her patient, he had colon cancer, her care for him in all aspects has been exemplary. She is direct, kind and caring, she is available for her patients questions and concerns.
marie – Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
I arrived early to my appointment only to still have to wait nearly an hour before being roomed. Once I was roomed I still waited an additional 30 minutes alone in the room before Dr. McConnell came in to see me. She spent all of 15 in the room with me asking about my symptoms & doing a rectal exam before diagnosing me and leaving the room. She didn’t explain my diagnosis at all, but told me I needed to start an antibiotic, enema, and completely remove all dairy from my diet. She also scheduled me for a colonoscopy. I then spent another 20 minutes waiting to schedule the scope. I left feeling like I was not cared about as a person at all, but rather someone on a conveyer belt that she was just waiting to check off the list so she could move on to the next. To make matters worse, they didn’t even send my full prescription to the pharmacy. Even though I finally have SOME answers, I am so confused about what those answers actually mean & what my future looks like. So unimpressed and sad.
M.S. – Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
I met Dr. McConnell early 2000's. I was young and scared with a pretty serious situation. I had limited time with my insurance, I called to see if they would take new patients. I thank God they were. They saw me immediately. She and her staff are so kind, compassionate and professional. I remember crying in her office and she telling me, it's ok ,we are going to take care of you. And that they did. I remained a patient until I moved out of state. I'm so blessed to have found her. A million stars
Jessica L in Phoenix , AZ – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr McConnell performed hemorrhoid surgery on me and did a great job. She is a direct and to the point Dr and I appreciate that about her. I would highly recommend her.
Charles S in Phoenix , AZ – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell has done my last three colonoscopies. Not only is she great at what she does, she answers all your questions. Her staff is great ! Very kind and puts you to ease! All my cousins use her (that is how I got started) and I recommend her all the time. #1 in my book.
Susan C. in PHOENIX, AZ – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell was excellent, I had a surgery to fix a fissure a year prior that the initial surgeon botched. She took a long time to explain what my issues were to me, even drew me a diagram to show me. I had to have another surgery to correct the first one and I was very hesitant because I was out of work for 3 weeks the first time. She reassured I would only be out a few days and she was correct, My pain after this surgery was much less severe, its been 6 mos and I have not had any issues.
Katheryn Ryan in Phoenix – Feb 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
had surgery on 12-14-17 very pleased with the results healed up faster than I thought I would follow up on 12-21-17 and every thing was good .Her nurse Bonnie is great wish more were like her. overall pleased my only complaint is some of her staff needs to know her policies a little better got some double talk on payment options which she doesn't offer to cash paying patients and why things are sent to lab for testing. Besides that will use again if needed and would refer her to anyone .Larry
Larry Dunas in phoenix az – Jan 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?
Horrible surgeon and very rude and arrogant. Refused to take care of her own complications
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Dec 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McConnell?